2018 NBA FINALS THREAD: WARRIORS WIN 3RD TITLE IN 4 SEASONS

Who you got?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul Pierce had the same thoughts as me during the finals last year and hope to see it this year. They have to let Bron guard someone other that Durant -- Bron is getting his points/wearing himself out and he is guarding Durant who still getting his no matter how hard he is playing defense. He would be better guarding Draymond/Klay and working hard but not as hard as guarding KD.

Agreed. Throw Hood, Clarkson & Green at Durant but it'll be tough as Lue has been running a horrid rotation so far. Highly doubtful Hood & Clarkson are mentally ready for this series.

Paul Pierce had the same thoughts as me during the finals last year and hope to see it this year. They have to let Bron guard someone other that Durant -- Bron is getting his points/wearing himself out and he is guarding Durant who still getting his no matter how hard he is playing defense. He would be better guarding Draymond/Klay and working hard but not as hard as guarding KD.

I'll have to find the numbers but I think the Cavs tried to get Bron off of KD as much as possible cause he was getting fried every time down. Something like 60% being shot by KD with Bron as the primary defender, but given the personnel, who are you going to put on him? Love? TT? Bron's not going to have a choice, all of which is why this series sans Kyrie is going to end up being unwatchable maybe except for Game 3.

I'll have to find the numbers but I think the Cavs tried to get Bron off of KD as much as possible cause he was getting fried every time down. Something like 60% being shot by KD with Bron as the primary defender, but given the personnel, who are you going to put on him? Love? TT? Bron's not going to have a choice, all of which is why this series sans Kyrie is going to end up being unwatchable maybe except for Game 3.

this. love and TT were on him to start off the gms.
kyrie avg near 30 and allowed bron to rest on offense and they still didnt pose a threat

They did and the Cavs can EASILY replicate what the Rockets did with the roster they have...

LEBRON = harden and paul
TT = poor man's capela
Kevin Love = upgraded Ryan Anderson/Pjtucker
George hill/jr smith = Gordon

I can see the Lakers scrubs and rodney hood getting some shine as well

This series will be closer than most people think.. I wouldn't be surprised if lebron pulls this off with the kind of season he's had to cement himself as the certified goat

Grade A trolling right here boy I tell you.

Green or Looney will have to guard LeBron. IDK why everyone is suggesting the Warriors don't have another body to put on LeBron. It's not even like Iggy guarded Lebron for 40 mins every game last year either :lol:

and they got jordan bell strong *** if to do nothing more but hang and pull and bump him.

Don’t really think it’ll matter. Like you mentioned, he’ll be working hard regardless.

Kerr’s system uses every player on the floor. Curry and Klay are running pindowns every possession. If you give up chasing, it’s an open 3.

If you try to guard someone who isn’t a shooter and play safety to try to help on Durant, then that guy is setting a screen for Curry/Klay and they’ll be wide open since you’re not there to switch.

He’ll only be able to rest when Cleveland has the ball regardless of who he’s guarding. And while he’s taking possessions off, I don’t know how they score since Love has always struggled with the matchup. He even has difficulty taking advantage of Klay.

Bell has terrible feet. He can't stick bron on the perimeter

Bell is good for the paint and has good hands. Not sure how he'd do out in the perimeter. Good news is, you get LeBron some cushion when he's out there. It's something you have to live with if your GS. Just don't let him break inside and find the open pockets.

no way on earth. Klay moves like Reggie and Rip. Dude is one of the best off the ball players in the nba. Bron would be exhausted running through infinity screens chasing klay and he'd still manage to get wide open looks every time since he only needs an inch of daylight.

bron better off guarding draymond. but then he can't play the passing lanes anymore which is where he's made his living fooling people into thinking he's an elite defender.

Jordan Bell got christened by Eric Gordon on opening night and hasn’t been much better on the perimeter.

Jeff Green on Durant

thats what i'm thinking too. Bron and Green take turns on kd. Jeff probably gets in foul trouble every night though. He's nowhere near quick enough or tall enough to guard kd. So then he'd have to rely on physicality....whistles gonna be whistling.

They did and the Cavs can EASILY replicate what the Rockets did with the roster they have...

LEBRON = harden and paul
TT = poor man's capela
Kevin Love = upgraded Ryan Anderson/Pjtucker
George hill/jr smith = Gordon

I can see the Lakers scrubs and rodney hood getting some shine as well

This series will be closer than most people think.. I wouldn't be surprised if lebron pulls this off with the kind of season he's had to cement himself as the certified goat

:lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom