2018 NBA Playoffs Thread

Who will win The Finals

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Celtics get the Lakers pick this year if it’s 2-5, if not it goes to the Sixers and Celtics get the Kings pick next year (Top-1 protected). If the kings pick is #1, Celtics get the Sixers pick.
If the Celtics get that 2-5 pick, there might be a reunion in Boston.

These "NBA controls the outcome of games/series" conspiracy theorists crack me up. Why would Utah ever win? Why would Milwaukee get a player like Giannis? Why have the Knicks/Lakers sucked for years? Of they really controlled the outcome of games, why didn't we ever get a Kobe/Lebron Finals? Why allow a small market like San Antonio have a dynasty?
when has Utah ever won. When has the bucks.scripted is what I think you implying.fixed is a different thing

What's more hilarious is people acting like it's not possible when refs have a history of doing funny things. The nba is more about entertainment then sport otherwise superstar calls wouldn't exist.nba is a star league more so then any other of the major sports . You sound gullible saying it cracks you up.
It's like saying my women or man wouldn't ever cheat on me . When they already have once. Sorry they don't get the benefit of the doubt .

Refs have different agendas at times and can try to control/influence outcomes but at the end of the day they only have so much control. They can't make the shots.

Last edited:
Part of me wants us to keep it and then another says let the Cs get it and we have an unprotected 1st to play with next season lol

Next year is supposedly weaker but at the same time, the same thing was said about this year's draft until the season actually started.

I remembered it wass Luka, Bamba, and Porter and no one else. Now it's 9/ 10 deep.

Either way, I'm not putting nearly as much weight as previous drafts. I'm still excited though .

How is MS poised to be one the first to move forward with sports gambling?!

NBA asked for 1% off the top. If they get it, some of it has to find its way to the salary cap, right? 1% should be a ton of ******* money.

Warriors in five. I actually think this is a situation in which the Rockets' own outspoken obsession works against them. Add in the fact that they won the regular-season series, and they will get Golden State's absolute best shot from the jump. I expect to see the very best version of the Warriors. Unless the Rockets go absolutely bananas from beyond the arc, which isn't out of the question, I think the Warriors get to their fourth straight Finals and do it convincingly.

It will be five hard-fought games, but Golden State will notch its fourth straight trip to the Finals. Afterward, Morey will consult with Elon Musk's Boring Company on flamethrower mechanics, brick manufacturing and the applicability in winning an NBA title. Also, expect GPU prices to climb as the Rockets' analytics staff builds a graphics-card farm to mine incremental plus-minus data.

Houston in seven. The explanation is pretty simple: The Rockets have home court, and they were the best team all season. It shouldn't feel like such an outlandish thing to pick that kind of team, but here we are because ... Warriors. It feels like maybe something special is happening for Paul and Harden, and they can check a big box off together.

I expect a very long series. A lot of 3s. High-scoring. Beautiful basketball. Challenged defenses. But as good as Harden and Paul are, the Warriors' star power is too much to overcome. Too much offensive power, and the experience will be very helpful, too. The Warriors will advance to their fourth consecutive NBA Finals with a Game 7 victory in Houston.

ESPN PICKS

Daryl Morrey, MIT grad. Sleep on him if y’all want like he hasn’t figured the Warriors out. The beauty of it is that they’ll be so content handing Lebron the championship solely because they dethroned the Warriors and they own the west.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom