2018 NBA Playoffs Thread

Who will win The Finals

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me roll my eyes till they fall outta my head at this revisionist scenario.

NOTHING was unpredictable, everyone knew the moment they made that decision this was the greatest collection of talent in a generation and expected them to stomp the league out. You acting like teams weren't putting all their chips into landing JUST BOSH to try and change their franchise trajectory. Remember... "not 5, not 6..."

No matter how much ya'll and change the narrative it wasn't that long ago and memories don't fade that quickly.

If only you could invent a time machine and go back in time 6 years to warn ESPN analysts and Vegas odds makers so that your statement wouldn't look idiotic right about now:

1.png

2.png

But you can't erase history. Rolling eyes does not erase history. The fact remains that LeBron's Heat were the underdogs to win the title half the time he was with them.

Dude what? That Heat team could and DID get beat. This GSW team has lost something crazy like 4 GAMES! in the post-season since KD got there. LeBron didn't completely destroy the competitive balance in the NBA, he had to deal with DWade having the worst 4 year stretch in his entire career, Bosh injured at times too. So basically all LeBron did was get Bosh, a constantly injured Wade and above average players compared to what he had in Cleveland.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I wonder if the guy above thinks he's putting one over us or it's really possible to be that deluded. Posting ESPN's finals predictions... lol

This was the reaction after the team was built:

"They will break the single-season win record," Van Gundy said. "And I think they have a legit shot at the Lakers' 33-game [winning] streak [in 1971-72], as well. And only the Lakers have even a remote shot at beating them in a playoff series. They will never lose two games in a row this year." It didn't end there, though. Van Gundy also went on to say that this upcoming season might as well be a formality when he added, "The other 29 teams better hope the lockout gets moved up a year."

Read more at: https://nesn.com/2010/08/jeff-van-g...ms-heat-will-break-regularseason-wins-record/"

But yes, LeBron just put together a group of scrappy underdogs. I like how ya'll defend it by saying "Well they actually failed to meet expectations, so...." "They actually lost twice in the finals so that means LeBron is better because the team wasn't that good".

LOL

If y’all were in their situations, y’all would do the same ****.

Nah, My decisions would be mostly dictated by money

Teams in states with no income tax would have a clear advantage.. then weather would be a significant factor.. cost of living would also be pretty high up there, also

Houston would probably top the list right now.. Miami, if they got things figured out more

So basically all LeBron did was get Bosh, a constantly injured Wade and above average players compared to what he had in Cleveland.

This is completely moot though. None of this was expected when LeBron made his move south.

Like we wouldn't be saying this if Curry didn't return from his knee injury and Klay got hurt. That would have nothing to do with KD's decision.

Blame Bron for not having the foresight to join GS in 2014 when he was a free agent again. This coulda been him, but he decided they weren't worthy of his time.

Yes Blame LeBron for not having the foresight to see that Curry would actually remain injury-free (mostly) and that Draymond would take David Lee's starting spot and that Klay would improve further as one of the greatest shooter's ever. But don't blame KD for seeing it unfold and reach it's full potential and decide to join it after getting beaten by it. OK man!

Yes Blame LeBron for not having the foresight to see that Curry would actually remain injury-free (mostly) and that Draymond would take David Lee's starting spot and that Klay would improve further as one of the greatest shooter's ever. But don't blame KD for seeing it unfold and reach it's full potential and decide to join it after getting beaten by it. OK man!
You're missing his point. You're using the results to try and prove the means being different. When the intention of LeBron and KD- to join the best possible team and have one leg up on the league- was exactly the same.

I wonder if the guy above thinks he's putting one over us or it's really possible to be that deluded. Posting ESPN's finals predictions... lol

This was the reaction after the team was built:

"They will break the single-season win record," Van Gundy said. "And I think they have a legit shot at the Lakers' 33-game [winning] streak [in 1971-72], as well. And only the Lakers have even a remote shot at beating them in a playoff series. They will never lose two games in a row this year." It didn't end there, though. Van Gundy also went on to say that this upcoming season might as well be a formality when he added, "The other 29 teams better hope the lockout gets moved up a year."

Read more at: https://nesn.com/2010/08/jeff-van-g...ms-heat-will-break-regularseason-wins-record/"

But yes, LeBron just put together a group of scrappy underdogs. I like how ya'll defend it by saying "Well they actually failed to meet expectations, so...." "They actually lost twice in the finals so that means LeBron is better because the team wasn't that good".

LOL

You think you're so slick by posting articles from 2010, don't you? Well here's another article from 2010:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...et-miami-heat-lakers-celtics-article-1.191769

And by the way, I am laughing my *** off at the irony of you posting an article of someone predicting that LeBron's Heat would break 72-10, when Durant joined a team that actually did break 72-10-

Exactly so why all the hate instead of respect is what I don't get.. and using KD as a scapegoat is a no no

No one hated the Warriors before KD got there. Heck, I don't even hate them now. I just don't like KD. I think it was a punk move on his part to go to Golden State. At the end of the day, he doesn't want that burden that comes with leadership and being the alpha dog and that's OK, it's lame and makes the rest of the league boring, but it's OK.

This is completely moot though. None of this was expected when LeBron made his move south.

Like we wouldn't be saying this if Curry didn't return from his knee injury and Klay got hurt. That would have nothing to do with KD's decision.
But it did happen, so now we want to compare the situations and they're clearly not the same, so it's not a moot point. We have the facts and the results.

You think you're so slick by posting articles from 2010, don't you? Well here's another article from 2010:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...et-miami-heat-lakers-celtics-article-1.191769

And by the way, I am laughing my *** off at the irony of you posting an article of someone predicting that LeBron's Heat would break 72-10, when Durant joined a team that actually did break 72-10-
The difference between me and you is I'm not a hypocrite, so there's no irony there at all. Durant joined a stacked team to try and dominate the league just like LeBron did. Not my fault LeBron lost two finals while he was there. Like I said I don't have any problem with Bron's decision, I admire it actually.

LOL @ comparing LeBron going to Miami to Kevin Durant going to Golden State. Looking back, KD going to the Warriors is the equivalent to Tim Duncan "saying I can't win with Pop and these cats and tired of Shaq and Kobe whooping my butt" and joining the threepeat Lakers.

The difference between me and you is I'm not a hypocrite, so there's no irony there at all. Durant joined a stacked team to try and dominate the league just like LeBron did. Not my fault LeBron lost two finals while he was there. Like I said I don't have any problem with Bron's decision, I admire it actually.
You know for a fact LeBron wanted to dominate the league? How about he wanted to play alongside a close friend, and wanted a better situation than what he had in Cleveland in a hope that he'd win a championship. It was never a guarantee they'd win, unlike Golden State. What don't you understand?

BTW GS offense is James Harden worst nightmare on Defense, He's decent If it's one on one, But making him think quick & make Switches is a killer for him.

Real Talk right here. He is not bad in 1 on 1, but when he has to adjust, switch, move on the fly. It is horrendous

Raptors were favored to beat the Cavs. Celtics were dogs in every game against Philly. Stop using Vegas odds to support your argument. It doesn't mean what you think it means.

Also what other team was kd supposed to sign with? The wizards? :lol: If he goes to gsw a year earlier does anyone care?

You know for a fact LeBron wanted to dominate the league? How about he wanted to play alongside a close friend, and wanted a better situation than what he had in Cleveland in a hope that he'd win a championship. It was never a guarantee they'd win, unlike Golden State. What don't you understand?
At that time it was considered the closest you could come to "guaranteeing" a win and stacking the deck you could do. Or you don't remember the backlash? Also, it worked :lol:. It did guarantee two wins and guarantee appearing in the finals every year.

Or those were "non-guaranteed" final appearances while KD's were guaranteed? How you figure that?

Raptors were favored to beat the Cavs. Celtics were dogs in every game against Philly. Stop using Vegas odds to support your argument. It doesn't mean what you think it means.

Also what other team was kd supposed to sign with? The wizards? :lol: If he goes to gsw a year earlier does anyone care?
Can we stop with the if's though, and just stick to what actually happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom