2018 NBA Playoffs Thread

Who will win The Finals

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We going to pretend lebron isnt going to leave 3 times in his prime for more help?
man i love lebron but these super extreme lebron fans make it hard to want the guy to win

how your team facing the man RIGHT NOW and you getting juicy defending him?

dont even make sense.

like have some respect for yourselves acting like the online drake

yall know who im talking bout too

Cant blame artest for what he did. If tmac and yao were healthy that team could do damage but they were always injured and heading out the league.

That will happen when your second best player goes down in game 1 and you play number 1 seeds like this:

Horford
Carroll
Korver
Teague
Millsap

or a Celtics team with:

Brandon Bass
Jae Crowder
Jared Sullinger
IT
Avery Bradley

:lol:

Let’s not forget that Juggernaut Warriors team where Festus Ezili, Mo Speights, & Barbosa were considered part of a STACKED team who had a 1X All Star as it’s second option....and a 21 year old Harrison Barnes as their 3rd option with Draymond Green not even being an all star yet.

Insurmountable for the “GOAT”

While it's been debated ad nauseum, I always wondered this.

Someone please explain how Bron linking up with his boys in an attempt to control their own destiny and run things is a ***** move? Outside of that pep rally, which was wild corny, I don't understand ANY of the hate he gets for the move when controlling your own destiny is the goal for ANY man that walks this planet.

Not only did he move on to greener pastures (which we all want to do throughout our lives/careers), he did it with his friends (or at least DWade Bosh was more an associate basically till the 2008 Olympics). How is that problematic? People hold athletes to standards they'd never keep themselves.

He paved the way for KD. Cool. Not mad at either moving on up. What KD was corny only because he
A. ****ted on WB on the way out and played up a conflict
B. said himself he didn't know anyone there and wasn't friends with anybody and of course most importantly
C. Went to the team that just beat him. Beat him in part to his poor play after going up 3-1 particularly down the stretch in game 6.

**** unwritten rules and codes. They're established by dominant culture. That I don't care about. But this was the easy way out, I give him credit tho. That was truly a IDGAF move and 20-30 years form now no one will remember. They'll only remember the championships and the finals MVPs. He broke the game. Gotta give him credit for that.

A better comparison would be Bron going back to Cle in 2014. While still nowhere near the same, the nice storyline of Redemption and Coming Home covered up for the fact that he once again saw greener pastures and an opportunity to set something up for himself. He was cool with Kyrie and Love to my understanding, but they wasn't no damn friends. Once again no problem with that. But that move was weak overall going back considering the circumstances. And I'm sure he doesn't care, but I lost a ****load of respect for him going back and playing for Gilbert. That Pos deserve to have his team burn and you bailed him out. That was probably worse to me that KDs move. That was *****assness.

My longest post ever. :nthat:

There's no doubt in my mind if GS somehow opened up 35 million in cap space and could retain all their pieces that Bron would be on the 1st thang smoking to the Bay. He's built the exact same way.
and these extreme lebron fans would be ok with that

because he didnt go to a 73-9 team

Let’s not forget that Juggernaut Warriors team where Festus Ezili, Mo Speights, & Barbosa were considered part of a STACKED team who had a 1X All Star as it’s second option....and a 21 year old Harrison Barnes as their 3rd option with Draymond Green not even being an all star yet.

Insurmountable for the “GOAT”

Wasnt that the same team that won 73 games the next season? Lmao yall a diff type of slow

Is Richard Sherman a b**** for going to a Rival Team? Or is that different?
did the team he left for win 73 games ....

He's old and a shell of himself. If he was still great and left in free agency they'd burn his jersey but since he just got injured and he's not what he was , it doesn't matter.

No, what everyone is saying is there is a difference between making a 2M a year vet minimum and making 16M a year. Not sure what is hard to understand about that.

No what you’re not understanding is that if Lebron wanted an “easy” route to a championship, the vet minimum wasn’t gonna stop him. Joining the Celtics was more guaranteed to win a ring then joining the Heat. KD went to the equivalent of the Celtics that beat Lebron. He took less money ON TOP OF going the easiest route. The point of all this? What KD did was worse than what Lebron did.

Same 30 year olds that was spanking his *** at 25. Lol at their window being closed after 2010 when they were one game away from the finals in 2012. Revisionist history indeed.

Just like KD is playing for peanuts, why couldn’t Lebron play for peanuts on a guaranteed championship team? Cause he’s not as ***** made as KD. Again, Lebron was corny for leaving but what KD did was on another level of *****. KD got beat so bad he was ok with being a second option for the rest of his career.
Damn sure didn't look like a second option the last two years in the playoffs

Reactions: MVP
Looking at the Harden/Paul press conference and just other little things during the season, I honestly don't think Harden likes Chris Paul. He may respect him as a hooper, but I really doubt they hang out outside of basketball. Harden always looks annoyed around him lmao
Outside the basketball they might not have much in common ... it seems they live different different lifestyles , CP da family man n Harden out chea paying strippers tuition

They don’t gotta be besties to win tho, just figure out a better game plan if they can

Bro, are you really comparing 2009 Ron Artest to Kevin Durant? Don't get me wrong Ron Artest was a good player for Houston but he wasn't a top three player in the NBA. It wasn't a league altering move.

Arrest wasn’t even a top 10 player in the league let alone top 3.

058A39B7-1438-4EB9-B389-962EE61BAF8F.gif

Some of the revisionist history in here is quite hilarious.

Dudes in here still comparing LeBron going to Miami to CREATE a dynasty-level team to KD JOINING an already dynasty-level team. Thought some of y'all were smarter than that.
Now they calling the same team that webt 73-9 bums that bron should have beat with delly,tt,shump and mozgov

No what you’re not understanding is that if Lebron wanted an “easy” route to a championship, the vet minimum wasn’t gonna stop him. Joining the Celtics was more guaranteed to win a ring then joining the Heat. KD went to the equivalent of the Celtics that beat Lebron. He took less money ON TOP OF going the easiest route. The point of all this? What KD did was worse than what Lebron did.
Broken Record. The media tells us, "You ain't **** without a ring." Player goes to situation that basically GUARANTEES him a ring. We get mad. You can't have it both ways man.

Dudes in here still comparing LeBron going to Miami to CREATE a dynasty-level team to KD JOINING an already dynasty-level team. Thought some of y'all were smarter than that.
bron hate crazy. I guarantee if boston wins they still going to be talking about bron in the finals

No what you’re not understanding is that if Lebron wanted an “easy” route to a championship, the vet minimum wasn’t gonna stop him. Joining the Celtics was more guaranteed to win a ring then joining the Heat.

You dont actually believe this do you? KG and PP were both on their last legs.

nope.

then, 10 years from now the new generation wont care

no it wasnt

neither what lebron did nor kd did was wrong

but the lebron fans are hurting because it seems like the warriors are stopping him from getting another title kd is a ***** and dead wrong for signing with the warriors

we just pointing out how big a hypocrites his fanbase are

While it's been debated ad nauseum, I always wondered this.

Someone please explain how Bron linking up with his boys in an attempt to control their own destiny and run things is a ***** move? Outside of that pep rally, which was wild corny, I don't understand ANY of the hate he gets for the move when controlling your own destiny is the goal for ANY man that walks this planet.

Not only did he move on to greener pastures (which we all want to do throughout our lives/careers), he did it with his friends (or at least DWade Bosh was more an associate basically till the 2008 Olympics). How is that problematic? People hold athletes to standards they'd never keep themselves.

He paved the way for KD. Cool. Not mad at either moving on up. What KD was corny only because he
A. ****ted on WB on the way out and played up a conflict
B. said himself he didn't know anyone there and wasn't friends with anybody and of course most importantly
C. Went to the team that just beat him. Beat him in part to his poor play after going up 3-1 particularly down the stretch in game 6.

**** unwritten rules and codes. They're established by dominant culture. That I don't care about. But this was the easy way out, I give him credit tho. That was truly a IDGAF move and 20-30 years form now no one will remember. They'll only remember the championships and the finals MVPs. He broke the game. Gotta give him credit for that.

A better comparison would be Bron going back to Cle in 2014. While still nowhere near the same, the nice storyline of Redemption and Coming Home covered up for the fact that he once again saw greener pastures and an opportunity to set something up for himself. He was cool with Kyrie and Love to my understanding, but they wasn't no damn friends. Once again no problem with that. But that move was weak overall going back considering the circumstances. And I'm sure he doesn't care, but I lost a ****load of respect for him going back and playing for Gilbert. That Pos deserve to have his team burn and you bailed him out. That was probably worse to me that KDs move. That was *****assness.

My longest post ever. :nthat:

Im not reading every piece of this, but I dont think people have a huge problem with Lebron going to a better situation. Do I despise every bit of how he did it? Yes. Do I think it is ridiculous for him doing what GM's couldnt do to make his team better? No.

With that being said, dont tell me what Lebron and KD did is different. Both players saw the opportunity and both players took it. Dont try to conflate situations by justify levels of awfulness. Both players by their own accounts thought they were going to win a ton of chips doing what they did.

The only difference is no one saw the Warriors coming.

no it wasnt

neither what lebron did nor kd did was wrong

but the lebron fans are hurting because it seems like the warriors are stopping him from getting another title kd is a ***** and dead wrong for signing with the warriors

we just pointing out how big a hypocrites his fanbase are
Exactly.

They're just mad they got one-upped, which is pretty funny.

Me, I'm not mad at any of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom