2018 NBA Playoffs Thread

Who will win The Finals

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If stating the obvious is considered "grasping at straws", then I don't know what to tell you.

My Celts winning tonight. Game will be closer than Game 1. What else would you like me to say about it?

I already broke down my thoughts on what I thought the Celtics had going for them after Game 1.

No. It isn't stating the obvious. There's no difference at the end of the day. They both went to dynasty level teams in order to win a ring. Period. I KNOW you're smarter than this but you're so wrapped up in defending Bron that you're not even trying to think logically. KD went to a pre made team ok. Bron joined with two stars in their prime . End of the day THEY BOTH WENT TO A GREAT TEAM TO WIN A RING. That's all that matters. All this other bs y'all talking about is irrelevant. It really is

If stating the obvious is considered "grasping at straws", then I don't know what to tell you.

My Celts winning tonight. Game will be closer than Game 1. What else would you like me to say about it?

I already broke down my thoughts on what I thought the Celtics had going for them after Game 1.
How much you puttin on that?

I wonder how refs react when they watch the game the next day and see stuff like cp elbowing kd in the Angus. They've got to know he's dirty like that. That draymond screen was not a foul either smh. His reputation got that call.

No. It isn't stating the obvious. There's no difference at the end of the day. They both went to dynasty level teams in order to win a ring. Period. I KNOW you're smarter than this but you're so wrapped up in defending Bron that you're not even trying to think logically. KD went to a pre made team ok. Bron joined with two stars in their prime . End of the day THEY BOTH WENT TO A GREAT TEAM TO WIN A RING. That's all that matters. All this other bs y'all talking about is irrelevant. It really is
No, LeBron didn't go to a great team, him and 2 great players (Bosh was a perennial AS 24/10 guy) went to a team and grew together to become a great team.

KD went to a team that was 73-9 the year before.

We get that they left their current situations for "better" but one was easier than the other lol

This isn't remotely true

It is. They're 1 and 2 in the league but KD had games when Steph was out where his points are quiet, damn near empty. You watching the game and KD has 27 but it don't even feel like it. But Lebron can have a 25, 10 and 9 game and you see his impact. That's whats funny to me when people claim he's stat padding. If he is than all these _'s padding their stats. :lol:

I wonder how refs react when they watch the game the next day and see stuff like cp elbowing kd in the Angus. They've got to know he's dirty like that. That draymond screen was not a foul either smh. His reputation got that call.

Draymond could have dodged that screen call by not putting his arms up like that and being demonstrative. It wasn’t a foul but he almost made it look like one.

He wants to claim to be objective but he never checks dudes that hate on Bron. Only the defenders of him

It is. They're 1 and 2 in the league but KD had games when Steph was out where his points are quiet, damn near empty. You watching the game and KD has 27 but it don't even feel like it. But Lebron can have a 25, 10 and 9 game and you see his impact. That's whats funny to me when people claim he's stat padding. If he is than all these _'s padding their stats. :lol:
Hilarious a Russ slobber is talking about stat-padding.

No, LeBron didn't go to a great team, him and 2 great players (Bosh was a perennial AS 24/10 guy) went to a team and grew together to become a great team.

KD went to a team that was 73-9 the year before.

We get that they left their current situations for "better" but one was easier than the other lol

Your defense is literally, the Heat weren't good before Bron while ignoring that they were a completely different team with him.

I understand that there ARE levels to things but in general, I agree here. (Surface level)

In the general public both, "Took took the easy way out."

Now, whether or not if there is something WRONG about either decision is another story.

Miami werent a all time dynasty level team tho. Extremely top heavy team

They were still a dynasty level team. The team in its first year was top heavy....but no other team in the league had THAT top level talent. That’s “dynasty” worthy when you have 2 of the top 3 players in the league and a top 15 guy as your 3rd option...with service role players like UD, Mike Miller, Eddie House, James Jones and Joel Anthony.

The 2012-2014 versions were better though. Those teams were DEEP.

Whose to blame for that though? Him or the greedy *** owners who wanted the cap to raise immediately instead of having a gradual increase?

I used to think that too. And it’s definitely a factor but KD could have simply taken even less for one year and then signed a massive deal with bird rights. He’s not on that melo securing the long term deal by any means necessary.

Yeah we're going to have to agree to disagree if you're only going to look at it on the level of good player joining good players. It's cool.

If you dive deeper than that surface level argument, it should be quite obvious that joining an already-built infrastructure with the back-to-back MVP, 2nd best shooter in league, and best defender in the league that just won 73 games and knocked you out of the playoffs is not remotely the same as joining the previously 5-seed Heat along with Bosh (who had never been out of the first round of the playoffs), and figuring out how to all play together.

Again, agree to disagree. Let's move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom