2018 NBA Playoffs Thread

Who will win The Finals

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure...that's a great assessment of what happened tonight but it doesn't paint a broad picture of the problem. I'm saying if Thibs ran a better offense...there wouldn't be a NEED to rely on guys at the end of your rotation.

You're basically knocking guys who are still pretty early in their development for not being effective consistently when the ****ty sets being ran break down. Structure is important. Young players are still learning how to play.

Look at how the Sixers play for instance. The ball rarely stops moving...and when it does it's for a 7'2 big that can get a bucket whenever he wants. It's by design...and them having the personnel to pull it off.

There is a certain way to play basketball. There's no way around it. The most successful teams excel at it.

Coaching matters. We can talk all this intangible **** like "heart" but X's and O's are real.

I don't think Thibs isn't blameless.

It's pretty ******* clear when you watch the Timberwolves of who wants it and who doesn't. Early development is a weak excuse when what you're talking about is a basic want-to and sticktoitiveness (not you, but as a fundamental principle of youthful expectations). All those Sixers players looked and played hungry. Don't compare them to Minnesota, because those pups did NOT look and play hungry. Scheme is one thing, but in a close game like that with the effort they put in...I won't buy it.

The X's and O's wasn't a huge factor tonight. Let's be real, that's not a Houston strong point. It's talent along with a style, not a playbook. And the Timberwolves were right there with them. That's exactly the point when it comes down to both intangibles and basketball IQ. None of which was shown by Towns.

1/4- Durant and Harden didn't play. Warriors win by 10.
1/20- Warriors fully healthy. Ariza doesn't play for the Rockets. Rockets win by 8.

Help me understand.

1/20.....Warriors weren’t at their best. That game came down to a few possessions at the end of the game and Steph curry played horribly.

I wouldn’t bet on that in a 7 game series. It’s only happened once in the last 3 years over a number of playoff series (2016 finals).

It looks like a travel to me, but he definitely perfected it.

Was weary how close the game was, but at least Houston got the win. Better performance for Game 2.

Sure...that's a great assessment of what happened tonight but it doesn't paint a broad picture of the problem. I'm saying if Thibs ran a better offense...there wouldn't be a NEED to rely on guys at the end of your rotation.

You're basically knocking guys who are still pretty early in their development for not being effective consistently when the ****ty sets being ran break down. Structure is important. Young players are still learning how to play.

Look at how the Sixers play for instance. The ball rarely stops moving...and when it does it's for a 7'2 big that can get a bucket whenever he wants. It's by design...and them having the personnel to pull it off.

There is a certain way to play basketball. There's no way around it. The most successful teams excel at it.

Coaching matters. We can talk all this intangible **** like "heart" but X's and O's are real.

Bingo

Four steps is a travel no matter which direction.........unless you are taking all 4 of those steps, in the Air.
air.gif

1/20.....Warriors weren’t at their best. That game came down to a few possessions at the end of the game and Steph curry played horribly.

I wouldn’t bet on that in a 7 game series. It’s only happened once in the last 3 years over a number of playoff series (2016 finals).
And in the 1/20 game the Rockets were missing a starter and still won. And they won the season opener when GSW was fully healthy and CP3 was just returning from an injury. If anything, your original post should've been about how the Warriors haven't seen a fully healthy Rockets team.

The excuses for the Warriors will never not be funny from you dudes :lol:
It’s always they weren’t playing their hardest whenever they get beat :lol:

Look man...when the Warriors lock in....nobody is beating them. Even the proudest rockets fan knows this. You saw how hopeless it was last year when they upped the L column for Bron.

Houston to their credit has assembled the best threat to the warriors....and they for sure have the personnel to challenge them and make things interesting.

But if Steph is healthy....it’s a wrap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom