2018 NBA Playoffs Thread

Who will win The Finals

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hate the MJ comparison. Different eras. MJ was getting BEAT UP by defenders like Alvin Robertson, Rodman, Dumars, Moncrief, Oakley Starks and so many others. Hand checking, HARD fouls......80s/90s were crazy different

I mean Lebron went against the Pistons/Big 3 Celtics/Duncan Spurs and did his thing.

Lebron definitely staying. He has to.

The league gotta force Gilbert to sell the team to him when he's done.

I wouldn’t go that far. I don’t think Lebron wants to be on a team where he has to work THIS hard to get to the Finals. He’s so tired it seems. I can see him joining a team that has other offensive weapons to give him a break

Prisoners of the moment
He's clearly better than Kobe. You can't even argue this at this point anymore. Whenever someone says Kobe is better than Bron I just automatically tune out because it's so silly. Bron has proven that he is clearly the better player. Kobe is still one of the best of all time but he's just not even on mjs or brons level.

What Lebron did this series is inspirational

It’s one thing to be physically gifted, then another to be skilled, but the mentality and willpower he demonstrated makes him a titan. Dude is a different level of human.

He's the most inspirational.
Best voice
Calmest eyes
Brightest aura
Most charm
Best posture

I think it was the 3minute mark with Lebron at Highkey, Tristan sets a screen and rolls for a bounce pass from Bron for a dunk........Tristan catches that ball just under the 3pt line and froze, nobody picked him up so he took 2 dribbles and dunked................not one Celtic in the paint or shooting towards him...............I knew we were eating at that point.

Lebron sees everything.

Who's 'we' doh?

I mean Lebron went against the Pistons/Big 3 Celtics/Duncan Spurs and did his thing.

Right, but I’m talkin more about how defense was played back in MJs days. He was physically beat up, like thrown to the ground on the regular in the playoffs. He was hand checked at half court. When he posted he had a hand on his back pushing him and a knee under his nuts rooting him out. That was outlawed in the late 90s. A flagrant 2 nowadays was a regular 2 shot foul back then :lol:

Lebron can put up 35/15/9 and we don't even give it a second though.

Love sports. But it sucks when guys like Lebron, Kobe retire. You'll never see another one like them.
Not to mention he played 48 minutes and shot the ball at 50%

Lebron :pimp:

Big ups to thd Celtics, though.

All that experience this year for Tatum and Brown.

Celtics have a brighter future than 76ers, IMO.

Hate the MJ comparison. Different eras. MJ was getting BEAT UP by defenders like Alvin Robertson, Rodman, Dumars, Moncrief, Oakley Starks and so many others. Hand checking, HARD fouls......80s/90s were crazy different
I keep hearing this and it always sounds just as stupid as the first

Last edited:
I wouldn’t go that far. I don’t think Lebron wants to be on a team where he has to work THIS hard to get to the Finals. He’s so tired it seems. I can see him joining a team that has other offensive weapons to give him a break
He's in great shape and wants to play the minutes.
It's knowing his path to the Finals is cemented that's much easier than being on a new Team(like Phila for instance) where he then has to retool.

That's the Hard work.
What he has now is a lot of minutes for a guy in great shape, that's easy work.
He's smart, he will stay.

Right, but I’m talkin more about how defense was played back in MJs days. He was physically beat up, like thrown to the ground on the regular in the playoffs. He was hand checked at half court. A flagrant 2 nowadays was a regular 2 shot foul back then :lol:

I'm normally on a island when I talk about how soft the league is now but if MJ at 6'6 215 can handle it I think Lebron at 6'9 260 can :lol:

He's in great shape and wants to play the minutes.
It's knowing his path to the Finals is cemented that's much easier than being on a new Team(like Phila for instance) where he then has to retool.

That's the Hard work.
What he has now is a lot of minutes for a guy in great shape, that's easy work.
He's smart, he will stay.

I totally see your point. But at age 34 35 36 does he wanna work THIS hard? We’ll see I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom