2018 NBA Playoffs Thread

Who will win The Finals

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
CP3 takes a paycut and Melo turns down his player option for $28mil >D:rofl:

It would have to be a trade for Gordon and Ryan Anderson......He would still get his $28M.

The entire thing is dumb though because you would basically have 4 players and nothing but vet minimum dudes. And at this point I think I would much rather have Gordon and Anderson that MarshMelo.

As the team is currently constructed, either CP3 or Lebron or both would have to take paycuts to play in Houston. So if he is serious about Lebron, then someone is taking less. Wont work with Harden and him making 70M combined + gordon and andersons salaries.

You would have to talk CP3 into taking a pretty big paycut and the Thunder would have to want to take Eric Gordon and Ryan Anderson. At this point I wouldnt put it past CP3 to take a paycut to get Lebron there so he can contend for a title for one last run. I don't think the guy wants to be remembered as another Reggie Miller/Charles Barkley type HOFer where people constantly bring up rings.

Its not impossible, just highly unlikely.
That's his fate and it's not that bad. Though both Charles and Reggie made the finals.

Few thoughts on the Houston/Lebron thing

They would need a team to take Anderson & a few end of the bench guys in order to trade for him, They Can't sign him straight up unless they renounce Paul, Capela & Ariza (whicg definitely isn't happening). The Cavs are more than likely not gonna want to take back Andersons contract for some throw ins & a basically second round picks.

What has also been brought up is that even if they were to get this done, With everybody taking close to what they would make the Rockets we be something like 60 million over the cap & be paying hell of luxury, Which means Luc is gone, Green is gone, possibly Nene. CP3 & Bron are involved heavily in the players union also, imagine those two taking drastic paycuts & the leverage that will take away from players in the future?

I'm actually kind of welcoming the idea Just for the Slander that will be available when somehow Lebrons "Supporting cast" who just won 65 games with the MVP will still somehow be blamed for not being good enough :lol::lol:. Poor James reputation will be KILLED next season

Capela ain’t going anywhere. It’ll be Ariza and more the likely Tucker.

I dont think Ariza is under contract so it would be assumed that they would let him go too. I think they may need to renounce Capela's rights to sign max contract.

Either way I dont think there is a way the Rockets are pulling this off without gutting their entire team and depending on an old *** Chris Paul and Lebron for 82 games has a recipe for disaster written all over it.

I dont think Ariza is under contract so it would be assumed that they would let him go too. I think they may need to renounce Capela's rights to sign max contract.

Either way I dont think there is a way the Rockets are pulling this off without gutting their entire team and depending on an old *** Chris Paul and Lebron for 82 games has a recipe for disaster written all over it.

I’m saying they wouldn’t bring Ariza back.

They for damn sure wouldn’t renounce Capela at worst you look to trade him for asssets that you could package to get rid of Anderson

Who would Houston have to part with to get Lebby

Basically the whole damn team besides Harden and CP3. They’d lose Capela who finally made their defense respectable. Would have to find somebody to take on Ryan Anderson’s $20 million per year contract. And LeBron would have to opt into his contract right after the Finals with the intent on asking for a trade to Houston.

In other words, this fantasy is dumb as hell and people need to dead it.

I’m saying they wouldn’t bring Ariza back.

They for damn sure wouldn’t renounce Capela at worst you look to trade him for asssets that you could package to get rid of Anderson

Why wouldn't a team just offer Capela a max offer sheet and then refuse to work out a trade?

Basically the whole damn team besides Harden and CP3. They’d lose Capela who finally made their defense respectable. Would have to find somebody to take on Ryan Anderson’s $20 million per year contract. And LeBron would have to opt into his contract right after the Finals with the intent on asking for a trade to Houston.

In other words, this fantasy is dumb as hell and people need to dead it.

Though I don't think it's extremely realistic, I also didn't expect the Paul being traded here thing and the way the cap worked, so I wouldn't rule this out as just a dumb fantasy. But this post coming from you mostly sounds
giphy.gif
based on what's currently going on with the Sixers :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom