2018 NBA Playoffs Thread

Who will win The Finals

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
watching donovan mitchell drag this utah offense through the first two games got me really rethinking the ROY award. as pivotal as ben simmons is to the 76ers, it just doesn't feel right giving a "redshirt" rookie the award. felt the same way about griffin getting it

this has been the argument FOR mitchell the whole time. hes carrying the entire team. simmons, is surrounded by snipers and a generational talent in embiid. if they trade places, mitchells assist numbers jump up and he continues to score. 76ers would be in the same place or higher for the playoffs. ben on the jazz is barely scraping playoffs or completes the tank as originally planned in the beginning of the season cuz he cant score outside of the paint and theres nobody for him to depend on.

i get that ben is a 6'10 point forward. i get that hes a hybrid of the true (pass first) and neo (score first) pg and it makes him exciting. but at the end of the day, if he has a trash game... the 76ers will still do fine with everyone healthy. if mitchell has a bad game they lose. period. and they lose against the rockets, spurs, okc, gsw, and trailblazers..... not against the cavs, celtics, and ... nobody else even matters in the east. heat?

Donovan Mitchell is getting bounced in the first round ben Simmons is going deep in the playoffs maybe even become a champion Simmons is rookie of the year easy

Smh couldn't watch my Pelicans whoop *** last night because the game was blocked out on NBATV and I don't have the "local" channel. Hate when they do stupid ish like this.
Anyway, time for us Pels fans to get them brooms out. Don't worry Blazer fans, we will toss a few Madi Gras beads at yall on the way out.

this has been the argument FOR mitchell the whole time. hes carrying the entire team. simmons, is surrounded by snipers and a generational talent in embiid. if they trade places, mitchells assist numbers jump up and he continues to score. 76ers would be in the same place or higher for the playoffs. ben on the jazz is barely scraping playoffs or completes the tank as originally planned in the beginning of the season cuz he cant score outside of the paint and theres nobody for him to depend on.

i get that ben is a 6'10 point forward. i get that hes a hybrid of the true (pass first) and neo (score first) pg and it makes him exciting. but at the end of the day, if he has a trash game... the 76ers will still do fine with everyone healthy. if mitchell has a bad game they lose. period. and they lose against the rockets, spurs, okc, gsw, and trailblazers..... not against the cavs, celtics, and ... nobody else even matters in the east. heat?

They’re both in great situations for their skillsets. The Jazz are basically a bunch of dudes who just wanna rebound, play D and hustle so they give Mitchell the green light to shoot as much as he wants. Ben, like LeBron, is better suited being next to shooters to spread the floor for his playmaking abilities. The Sixers have done a good job surrounding him with the right players to do that.

They’re both in great situations for their skillsets. The Jazz are basically a bunch of dudes who just wanna rebound, play D and hustle so they give Mitchell the green light to shoot as much as he wants. Ben, like LeBron, is better suited being next to shooters to spread the floor for his playmaking abilities. The Sixers have done a good job surrounding him with the right players to do that.

..... u really believe the jazz is a team of rebounders? thats what ur gonna tell urself? not that they just flat out suck and were expected to tank once losing hayward and hood.... but they just want to play d and hustle... to get more rebounds... for mitchell?

giphy.webp

Every game of the pelican blazer series is like game 6 of the 2008 finals. Waiting for AD to pour gatorade on Gentry 4 minutes into the fourth quarter.

..... u really believe the jazz is a team of rebounders? thats what ur gonna tell urself? not that they just flat out suck and were expected to tank once losing hayward and hood.... but they just want to play d and hustle... to get more rebounds... for mitchell?

giphy.webp

Bro Mitchell isn’t putting up 35 per game :lol: they’re an elite defensive team with or without him, they’re well coached and they have a lot of scrappy dudes who play hard and hustle. The one thing they don’t have is scorers and Mitchell has made up for that. Not taking anything away from him, just saying it’s a good fit just like this current Sixer team is for Ben.

Bro Mitchell isn’t putting up 35 per game :lol: they’re an elite defensive team with or without him, they’re well coached and they have a lot of scrappy dudes who play hard and hustle. The one thing they don’t have is scorers and Mitchell has made up for that. Not taking anything away from him, just saying it’s a good fit just like this current Sixer team is for Ben.

i strongly disagree with you implying mitchell on the jazz is on par with ben on the 6ers as far as situations go. strongly strongly disagree. sure both have systems that they fit into, but mitchells system is "SAVE US" and bens system is "pass to the snipers and the beast down low. score when you get a chance"

imma let it go tho. i dont think theres any way for us to agree lol

I am saying it is Silly, extremely silly to think Redick "referred" to them, like that, as that, on purpose.
If you can't watch that video, look at his response to it...and deduce that it was an accident(and accident like being tounge tied, not an accident where he let his racist behavior slip out on camera), then........well again, I don't know what to tell you.

In my mind I'm not arguing it's okay for him to call anyone names like that, I'm emphatically stating people are REACHING, and I mean FAR REACHING, if they argue he did it on purpose

His response..? You mean when he basically told everyone to go **** themselves if they were offended by him using a racial slur? Until his pr team told him to chill?

Why are you defending him so hard?

That Jordan slander guy is right about hand checking tho. That's the biggest myth in sports. They probably hand check today more than ever. When do you ever see a defender get whistled for holding on the perimeter? Damn near never unless it's one of those games where the fix is in and they're trying to put somebody on the bench early

Ben Simmons is averaging 20-10-10

Dario Saric is averaging 21-7-4

Embiid had 23-7-4 with 3 blocks last night

Too young and inexperienced for the playoffs though lolz

Ben Simmons is averaging 20-10-10

Dario Saric is averaging 21-7-4

Embiid had 23-7-4 with 3 blocks last night

Too young and inexperienced for the playoffs though lolz

At the beginning of the year did you think they were a contender in the East?

Utah isn't a "save us" team though.
His response..? You mean when he basically told everyone to go **** themselves if they were offended by him using a racial slur? Until his pr team told him to chill?

Why are you defending him so hard?
:lol:
This is what's comical.
In today's media climate, Redick's initial response wasn't "a good enough apology" because he was like 'man I don't have anything to apologize for, the trolls are reaching, I'm going to let this one go'

It wasn't until the "situation" became a real situation due to today's social climate, that he was like "meh, I guess I better apologize, these dudes are for real making this situation a thing"

I can't speak for Redick but I thought it was trolls at first too, I had no idea it was real, and people really were going at him.
I still can't believe it tbh.
This convo with you right now, with others recently, I'm still puzzled about it I'm not going to lie.

That Jordan slander guy is right about hand checking tho. That's the biggest myth in sports. They probably hand check today more than ever. When do you ever see a defender get whistled for holding on the perimeter? Damn near never unless it's one of those games where the fix is in and they're trying to put somebody on the bench early

Can not emphasize this enough. The whole “in today’s NBA you can’t touch guys” is flat out ridiculous. Unless you’re blind, it’s clearly evident that guys are riding and holding (paussseeee) guys the entire game.

Combine that with the fact that you can zone up now defensively and the whole “defense was harder in my day” **** makes no sense.

I just read his first response again. It wasn't that bad but he said 'I'm disappointed people think I would use that word'. Like bruh..you DID use the word. It may have been an accident but so what. That just reeks of privilege and is the type of angle racists typically use, hence the nickname

Damn good game, Bellynelly showing shades of 14' Spurs, Heat could be much more competitive if they can get him back to his season averages

I'd go to Bamside to see if that front court can spur Whiteside a little like it did in the regular szn, can't wait for game 4. Most entertaining series so far, easily

At the beginning of the year did you think they were a contender in the East?

Contender as in having a legitimate shot at going to the Finals THIS year? Nah. But I always said they’d at least be a playoff team this year dating back to last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom