2018 NBA Playoffs Thread

Who will win The Finals

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m mad salty Hayward, Irving, Smart, etc are hurt...

With Curry’s injury, Cavs stinking up the joint, the Celtics could’ve had a legitimate chance this year :smh:

**** happens tho

Ben Simmons is averaging 20-10-10

Dario Saric is averaging 21-7-4

Embiid had 23-7-4 with 3 blocks last night

Too young and inexperienced for the playoffs though lolz
They are playing great. Exceeding everyone's expectations including your own. Before the season, I didn't see why it would be so farfetched for them to be .500 and make the playoffs. They clearly had some young, but extremely high level talent, and actually had NBA-caliber role players instead of GLeaguers.

You would think they are 73-9 Golden State Warriors with the tone that you use in the majority of these posts though.

You're the only Philly fan that does it too. You don't see people in the thread coming at dudes like @dat dude chris or @D Fly like that. I honestly think the majority of the thread really enjoys watching Philly play. I know I do. Your posts just really make it hard for anybody to root for them.

I’m mad salty Hayward, Irving, Smart, etc are hurt...

With Curry’s injury, Cavs stinking up the joint, the Celtics could’ve had a legitimate chance this year :smh:

**** happens tho

With the entire roster healthy and Brad leading the charge, I'm pretty convinced this would have been a special year. Finals probably would be a 7 game series between the Celtics and Dubs/Houston

That's just how it goes though. Part of the game is staying healthy and we just couldn't keep out guys on the floor.

Can not emphasize this enough. The whole “in today’s NBA you can’t touch guys” is flat out ridiculous. Unless you’re blind, it’s clearly evident that guys are riding and holding (paussseeee) guys the entire game.

Combine that with the fact that you can zone up now defensively and the whole “defense was harder in my day” **** makes no sense.

did you actually watch basketball in the 90s? or did you find a few youtube highlights to support your argument

Also who offensively does the Miami Heat have that can really threaten the 76ers?

Wade - is good for a breakout game once every 5 games.

Dragic - is good but he’s not going to average 20+ points a game.

Whiteside - què¿

The 76ers got a good first round matchup to introduce them to the physicality of the playoffs, but there’s no real threat of offense coming from the Miami Heat.

76er fans need to take it in stride and just enjoy the proce... You know the rest!

did you actually watch basketball in the 90s? or did you find a few youtube highlights to support your argument
I know I did. I personally don't think the defense is all that much different. The stars of today like Bron/KD/Harden/Steph/etc would have been able to flourish just as much against those defenses.

I know I did. I personally don't think the defense is all that much different. The stars of today like Bron/KD/Harden/Steph/etc would have been able to flourish just as much against those defenses.

The only difference is spacing. You could push and claw but help was always there because everyone played 3 out 2 in. Now if you put you get into a hand fight with harden, your help has to make a business decision to either help or go foul

I’m not even saying the defense was much better, but in the NBA back then every team had a few dawgs that would get into a player and rough them up. Miami kinda feels like that with Johnson and Richardson. But watching Portland by contrast that team had zero resistance.

Just funny ppl hate on the 90s out of nowhere like it wasn’t great

I’m not even saying the defense was much better, but in the NBA back then every team had a few dawgs that would get into a player and rough them up. Miami kinda feels like that with Johnson and Richardson. But watching Portland by contrast that team had zero resistance.

Just funny ppl hate on the 90s out of nowhere like it wasn’t great
I think the majority of good teams in the league do have some dogs though. Portland is probably the lone outlier.

I think I had the GOAT prediction back in june.

72877718-1E93-4C02-B26D-0ADED3345239.jpeg

I think they’re quicker with the whistle nowadays. Techs and flagrants today were common fouls back then. They go to the monitor nearly way too often and a lot of the time it’s just cause the guy who drew the foul is reacting like he got hit by Mike Tyson in 91.

I’m all for buc em’s posts. They’re usually funny as hell cause he be so defensive, like that Stanford fan in the college football thread.

I think they’re quicker with the whistle nowadays. Techs and flagrants today were common fouls back then. They go to the monitor nearly way too often and a lot of the time it’s just cause the guy who drew the foul is reacting like he got hit by Mike Tyson in 91.

I’m all for buc em’s posts. They’re usually funny as hell cause he be so defensive, like that Stanford fan in the college football thread.
Oh man. That dude posts in the college basketball thread from time to time. I think I've seen him in here for a few Warriors games too. That guy is the worst :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom