2018 NBA Playoffs Thread

Who will win The Finals

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
God forbid someone picks against your team lol

Nah it’s not even that, it’s the reasoning that they come up with. There’s no actual substance behind it. These dudes legit said it would help Miami, not us, if we brought Embiid back. Because the lightning quick Amir Johnson is obviously the better option :lol:

Breh....these talking heads on all the sports shows are talking about how the Pacers are actually Favorites against the Cavs....and how it would be monumental to see Bron carry these “bums” past the Pacers

:rofl:

They keep saying no player in history has had this much of a load on his shoulders before. Crazy :lol:.
Bron is playing with a collection of bums though.

Go watch the 94 finals with the Rockets and Knicks if you believe hand checking is the same in this era and previous eras.

Derek Harper would’ve fouled out half way through the 1st if he did that know.

Just started watching game 7 and not even 3 minutes in I see Harper get whistled for a 'hard' hand check in the backcourt..lol. It's exaggerated how much different it was back then

People were laughing at and picking against the Cavs because bron had to go ham and they only won 3. But those same people scoff at the thought that Bron doesn't have a good enough supporting cast. :lol:

Not today, Satan.

"It's just different, man. I feel like our offense is a lot different. I'm not as involved in as many dribble handoffs as I was and post-ups as I was in the regular season," Whiteside said after scoring five points in 13 minutes in Miami's Game 3 loss to Philadelphia. "That's what coach [Erik Spoelstra] wants. Coach wants me to just be in the corner and set picks. That's what he wants. I've just got to trust it."

"I want to get more rebounds out there. I want to get more minutes out there. I'm just going to keep trusting coach's decision-making," Whiteside said. "Even with the fouls, I still could have been out there. I wouldn't have fouled out. I am going to keep trusting coach's decision-making."

Assuming Kevin Love can still be effective, I still have the Cavs coming out of the East. Pacers played them tough all season long, evidenced by their 3-1 record against them. If they can get past Indy, I do think that they'll beat Toronto, and I also think they can beat whoever out of the Celtics/Sixers/Heat. Just isn't going to be pretty.

Yeah this definitely isn't his worst team. It is the worst team he's had since 2010 though. That's probably not debatable.

This is true. But this is also part of his doing. It’s just kinda crazy to hear this become consensus though....and his “do it all” style system really exacerbates this visually.

Also...this is the first time since 2010 that Bron doesn’t have the overwhelming best roster in the East....

I think they’re quicker with the whistle nowadays. Techs and flagrants today were common fouls back then. They go to the monitor nearly way too often and a lot of the time it’s just cause the guy who drew the foul is reacting like he got hit by Mike Tyson in 91.
smh.... i just IMAGINED catching a hook or uppercut from tyson back then and my neck hurts. DAMN

The new guys have figured out arm swiping and stuff arming though. It really puts you at a disadvantage if you’re putting all your weight leaning on someone and they move your arm.
Harden would give Harper 70
no. just no. new guys havent figured out arm swiping, theyre just not allowed to get stiff armed by the defense anymore. if someone is allowed to literally push you away from the ball or basket... youre not dropping 70. i hate these "if so and so played back then" debates anyway. todays players only exist cuz they learned and tweaked stuff from the past. so unless ur about to have some sort of, imagine if james harden brings his 2018 stepbacks and euros back to the 90s when they didnt really exist yet, kind of thing.... leave it alone. imo.

Yeah this definitely isn't his worst team. It is the worst team he's had since 2010 though. That's probably not debatable.
what? his team from the first half of this year was fresh off a finals run. were not clicking anymore... so he swapped out half his team. now theyre the worst? theyre not even the weakest team hes played with THIS YEAR

no. just no. new guys havent figured out arm swiping, theyre just not allowed to get stiff armed by the defense anymore.

Every good guard in the league does this. Beat the hand check.

361926BB-EC6D-4DB5-83E3-EDAA5E21D845.png

what? his team from the first half of this year was fresh off a finals run. were not clicking anymore... so he swapped out half his team. now theyre the worst? theyre not even the weakest team hes played with THIS YEAR
You do realize that the 2nd best player from the finals run was no longer on the team this season, correct? Or did you just happen to gloss over that?

This is true. But this is also part of his doing. It’s just kinda crazy to hear this become consensus though....and his “do it all” style system really exacerbates this visually.

Also...this is the first time since 2010 that Bron doesn’t have the overwhelming best roster in the East....
For sure. I still think they are in a better spot post-deadline than they were beforehand though.

You do realize that the 2nd best player from the finals run was no longer on the team this season, correct? Or did you just happen to gloss over that?
But but but but but he was the reason kyrie stopped talking to the team in the playoffs. And why he left. Its his fault

Just started watching game 7 and not even 3 minutes in I see Harper get whistled for a 'hard' hand check in the backcourt..lol. It's exaggerated how much different it was back then

So 3 minutes of game 7 is the entire series?

4E39E030-0087-4A59-AD8D-3B1C212707B7.png

Harper had Kenny Smith literally backing the ball down just to get it over halfcourt.

Sam Cassell had to be brought in so the Rockets could make any plays off the dribble form the perimeter

Every good guard in the league does this. Beat the hand check.

361926BB-EC6D-4DB5-83E3-EDAA5E21D845.png

thats not a hand check. thats the same ride they were talking about posts earlier. i said that STIFF ARM. the real hand check. where theyre flat out stiffarming you, pushing you off. not that they chicken wing you while running with you. if you stiffarm someone on defense today, its called. period. on offense it gets called, unless ur lebron. the old school hand check is long gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom