2018 NBA Playoffs Thread

Who will win The Finals

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So 3 minutes of game 7 is the entire series?

4E39E030-0087-4A59-AD8D-3B1C212707B7.png

Harper had Kenny Smith literally backing the ball down just to get it over halfcourt.

Sam Cassell had to be brought in so the Rockets could make any plays off the dribble form the perimeter

You said he would've fouled out. He got called for a foul on a check that wasn't even that bad. Like I said it's exaggerated. You wanna post some clips to support your point or should I just take your word for it?

You do realize that the 2nd best player from the finals run was no longer on the team this season, correct? Or did you just happen to gloss over that?
so after kyrie leaves.... the team falls to worst hes ever played with? word? so kyrie makes ALL the difference from the cavs pre heat era?

so after kyrie leaves.... the team falls to worst hes ever played with? word? so kyrie makes ALL the difference from the cavs pre heat era?
Kyrie is one of the best guards and scorers in the NBA. Averaged 29 a game in the Finals. They didn't replace him. Isaiah was injured and obviously wasn't remotely close to the player that he was last year. George Hill, Jordan Clarkson, Rodney Hood aren't filling THAT void.

Are you attempting to tell me that this current team is as good either the Bron/Wade/Bosh Heat or the Bron/Kyrie/Love Cavs?

Like I said, definitely his worst team since 2010. Move along.

So 3 minutes of game 7 is the entire series?

4E39E030-0087-4A59-AD8D-3B1C212707B7.png

Harper had Kenny Smith literally backing the ball down just to get it over halfcourt.

Sam Cassell had to be brought in so the Rockets could make any plays off the dribble form the perimeter

How much of the hand checking being effective is due to style of play? Kenny smith, Mark Jackson; they had no sauce off the dribble. It was get your spot, pass to the post. Handchecking didn’t stop tim hardaway pre knee injuries, it didn’t stop Kevin Johnson

I think fouls back in the day were harder and they got away with much more then on defense. Part of that is due to every player flopping on any contact nowadays. I know players did it then, but 95% of contact today results in a flop, from point guard to center.

How much of the hand checking being effective is due to style of play? Kenny smith, Mark Jackson; they had no sauce off the dribble. It was get your spot, pass to the post. Handchecking didn’t stop to hardaway pre knee injuries, it didn’t stop Kevin Johnson

Hand checking ain’t stoping a great player. but the hand checking of today is not the hand checking of the mid 90’s

I’m glad they got rid of that.

You were allowed to get away with more back in the day. The fouls are softer now the game is more finesse. From the flagrants to the common fouls. There really isn't anything to discuss about it.

What is better is simply preference.

Kyrie is one of the best guards and scorers in the NBA. Averaged 29 a game in the Finals. They didn't replace him. Isaiah was injured and obviously wasn't remotely close to the player that he was last year. George Hill, Jordan Clarkson, Rodney Hood aren't filling THAT void.

Are you attempting to tell me that this current team is as good either the Bron/Wade/Bosh Heat or the Bron/Kyrie/Love Cavs?

Like I said, definitely his worst team since 2010. Move along.
kyrie is a superstar.. his absence is huge.

and k love is a brittle shell of what he can be man. dude keeps getting hurt.
on paper the bench seems better because the youth and athleticism but it's looking like the lights are too bright for some of them right now

and they're all buns on defense :lol: at least last year the offense was good enough to carry them but they don't even got that anymore haha

This same exact stuff was just happening last week with Jokic and Gibson. If not worse. They did not get called.

Gibson gotta away with because Jokic is a big man and that’s was basically a playoff game. During a normal regular season game he fouling out quickly.

Gibson gotta away with because Jokic is a big man and that’s was basically a playoff game. During a normal regular season game he fouling out quickly.
I mean I'm just responding to the video you posted as evidence, which happens to be 2 big men in the NBA Finals.

Are you legit saying this type of stuff doesn't happen in today's game? Seriously? That one at 1:33 is laughable if that's 'hard' defense
Funny thing is they still allow players to foul the **** out of big men especially in the post. It's the little guys who get a free pass now.

Olynyk was clobbering Embiid last night. The Gibson on Jokic thing was ridiculous.

I mean I'm just responding to the video you posted as evidence, which happens to be 2 big men in the NBA Finals.

Did Jokic face up out on the perimeter like Olajuwon did? I though he was trying to post up and was getting mauled.

Gibson gotta away with because Jokic is a big man and that’s was basically a playoff game. During a normal regular season game he
it's inconsistent . You can point to some games where certain teams are allowed to play really rough where people are calling fix because the teams arent being reffed the same , while the other team being called for touch fouls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom