2018 NBA Playoffs Thread

Who will win The Finals

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_2019.JPG
When Da Pels win I win #DaNTMVP
Freddy Fig is obscure team fan of the year. Sorry Buc Em.

“Bring him to camp,” James told the Cavs. He was confident he could repair whatever damage Irving felt was done to their relationship. But Irving made clear to Gilbert and the Cavaliers he wanted out of Cleveland because he did not want to play another minute with James, one source told The Athletic. Given how close Irving and James were to the ends of their contracts, the Cavs chose to move Irving while they believed he still had peak value.”

Why would lebron go to those lengths if that wasn't the situation?

Where was Kyrie’s quotes in saying he hated playing with Lebron? All of this is from a source. The question is why did Kyrie out of nowhere go from cool and collected to demanding out of Cleveland and Lebron being the source of him wanting out? We all know Lebron approved shopping Kyrie and when Indiana approved the deal Lebron backed out. Kyrie found out and was understandably hurt. Lebron was the boyfriend that got caught cheating, which is why he was eager to mend the relationship. They went their separate ways. It worked out for both of them. Kyrie got to be the leader of his own team and Lebron got to dodge being the inevitable bad guy for when Kyrie’s knee problems flaired up again causing him to lose and the general public wanting Lebron to force him out of Cleveland. Life has a funny way of working out.

Russ might really be the most selfish basketball player I’ve ever seen.

We talking in the court or off the court? He is a ball hog but at least the dude is loyal. Off the court lebron is definitely the most selfish player in the NBA.

We talking in the court or off the court? He is a ball hog but at least the dude is loyal. Off the court lebron is definitely the most selfish player in the NBA.

On the court (and kinda off the court in a sense). He’s 100% totally unconcerned with doing ANY of the little things to win. If it doesn’t show up in the box score....he’s uninterested.

On the court (and kinda off the court in a sense). He’s 100% totally unconcerned with doing ANY of the little things to win. If it doesn’t show up in the box score....he’s uninterested.

That's fair. Everytime I watch the dude play there are at least 5-10 times a game where he makes just an awful decision.

Russ might really be the most selfish basketball player I’ve ever seen.

Dk about allat, but he is a selfish player. Think his play is really affected more by low ball IQ, and terrible habits being reinforced for a decade than selfishness tho. Also shoulda been allowed to play his natural position. Harden proved he could play PG 6 yrs ago when he closed the games as de facto PG and moved Russ off the ball. We all know how that story ended tho

It's crazy how poor decisions affected that Thunder team though. A team of harden, Oladipo, and KD would have been nuts.

That's fair. Everytime I watch the dude play there are at least 5-10 times a game where he makes just an awful decision.

His decision making is for sure bad....but that’s not even my issue with him. Contrary to popular opinion....he’s not a low IQ basketball player in a sense. He has a great nose for the ball. Can anticipate passes, has a great feel for the geometry of the court all while blessed with elite athleticism.

He just developed some really bad habits that make him who he is. Refusing to guard people to hunt for rebounds instead. Refusing to move without the ball to get it back instead. Refusing to take the good shot when he’s in assist hunting mode....leading to turnovers. Gambling instead of being a positional defender.

When this plays out against lesser teams...he looks great. This is what leads to him being lauded as an mvp and possibly a top 3-5 player. But when the cream rises to the crop...he’s gon fall short every time because of his selfishness.

Russ is probably a top 6-10 player in the league....but you can’t win with him because of him.

So happy I can finally sit down and watch some playoffs games today. Missed so much of the NBA this season cause of late night work shifts for my jobs and semester workload.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom