2018 NBA Playoffs Thread

Who will win The Finals

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Him and his team have mastered the art of messaging and controlling the narrative. Everything down to #15thseason #Justdoingmypart #Striveforgreatness #Checkmy$tats is messaging. And it’s working...beautifully :lol:.

I work in marketing and Bron and his team are marketing 101.
Who doesn't have a team that creates a "narrative" though? :lol:

Lebron and his crew are just better and it doesn't hurt that he's the most accomplished player currently in the leaguer.

Don't get me wrong, I think Jordan is a better then LeBron but the mental gymnastics that certain Jordan fans performance hilarious.

First it was "Jordan is more clutch than LeBron."

Now that they learned that LeBron has a higher field goal percentage in the clutch than Jordan they say "Jordan didn't need to be clutch because they were always up by 20."

The level of insecurity they have is interesting because it's universally accepted that Jordan is the greatest player of all time.

It's to the point where Jordan fans can't give LeBron credit for anything.

Is it impossible for Jordan to be the greatest player of all time while at the same time acknowledging that LeBron is better at certain things (3 pt shooting, rebounding, playmaking) than Jordan?

Kobe fans do this more often and worse

or maybe that's because I'm in Cali and its mostly Laker heads out here (besides the bay area) lol

Bron gon keep failing up and getting rewarded for it :smh:

At least we won’t have to worry about him winning anymore chips. That ships sailed. Thanks KD & Steph.

Speaking of Steph...what’s his status?

Shoes you my dog, and I get what you're saying, but Jordan played against a plethora of great big men (I'd say the greatest era ever) without even a good one and NEVER lost. Ever. He is the sole reason for multiple HOF players... Some of the top 5 at their respective positions, never getting a ring while he played. I don't care how you slice it, you can't ignore that. And you don't get to ignore that the Kobe's and LeBron's of the world have never reached that level of dominance. Doesn't matter if it's fair or not, you have to be better in order to make that claim. Jerry wasn't the most talented WR but he's unquestionably the greatest. Talent should be a part of the discussion, I agree. But when the players are close in raw talent you need to measure what they actually did with that talent. No matter what you say, Jordan did more. And frankly, he had far less help than ANYONE that is compared to him. And that, imo, is why people have him as the GOAT. (I personally have Kareem though)

P C H P C H must’ve hit the pack early today with @erupt

14551DC3-790F-49E5-B2B5-55152E3D18A6.gif

Clips jersey got that residue on it :lol:

Shoes you my dog, and I get what you're saying, but Jordan played against a plethora of great big men (I'd say the greatest era ever) without even a good one and NEVER lost. Ever. He is the sole reason for multiple HOF players... Some of the top 5 at their respective positions, never getting a ring while he played. I don't care how you slice it, you can't ignore that. And you don't get to ignore that the Kobe's and LeBron's of the world have never reached that level of dominance. Doesn't matter if it's fair or not, you have to be better in order to make that claim. Jerry wasn't the most talented WR but he's unquestionably the greatest. Talent should be a part of the discussion, I agree. But when the players are close in raw talent you need to measure what they actually did with that talent. No matter what you say, Jordan did more. And frankly, he had far less help than ANYONE that is compared to him. And that, imo, is why people have him as the GOAT. (I personally have Kareem though)

I hear you, and I get this viewpoint for sure. You can't take away what Jordan was able to do, and if you're better than him you have to do better than what he did. I get that line of thinking, and in theory that makes sense.

But, Do you believe anyone can realistically ever measure up to what Jordan was able to accomplish? I can't fathom it, and to be we Midas whale never discuss the GOAT in that case because no one's ever eclipsing what Mike was able to do.

Perhaps he was that good, that ahead of his time to where no one will measure up to him, I don't view it that way though.

LMAO:rofl:
Bruh that is not what your post said lastnight, is it?.
Could have swore You said sorry and that you still liked me either way and invited me to make Pels and FWord GSW Flags in support of NOP:rofl:
yeh u rite i still need dat flag...i said dat sometime dis week i forget i wuz drinkin

Man dudes really let me that Jordan slander guy bamboozle them :lol:. There's always been bums in the NBA but not everybody was an Uber driver or part time sign twirler. Some of the shots Jordan was taking and making you wouldn't even be allowed to take today. Analytics geeks would shame you for playing hero ball.

Before Jordan did what he did, nobody had done it. So to surpass that you have to do things he never has

Take all the numbers away. It's not about who had a higher FG% in clutch blah blah blah. Jordan came through in every single big moment. When the game was on the line in a big playoff moment, you knew JOrdan was going to do something and crush the other team. The dominance he had over the rest of the League is unparallel and unmatched. That sickness to win and competitiveness makes him the GOAT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom