2018 NBA Playoffs Thread

Who will win The Finals

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
...Duncan doesn't have 6 rings in 13 years and he wasn't a perfect 6/6 in the finals. He also doesn't have over 30K points in his career or 5MVPs, so Nope :lol:.

Again Jordan did all of that in 13 years. Duncan's portfolio is great, but it doesn't really come close to registering with Jordan.
point taken. I was just reffering to the rings . great players winning 5 to six rings is not impossible even in this era . Hell the warriors are 4 to 5 points away in 2016 finals from having a three peat in this era .

mj played against a bunch of stiffs and unathletic guys. the defense wasn't as good as today
where's that bball breakdown that the one guy on twitter does?

not serious
but kinda

point taken. I was just reffering to the rings . great players winning 5 to six rings is not impossible even in this era . Hell the warriors are 4 to 5 points away in 2016 finals from having a three peat in this era .

Well sure, they were close to a 3peat but

1) They didn't. They only have 2 rings and they are already breaking down. Do you really see FOUR rings coming for them?

2) 6 rings in 6 tries is a GIGANTIC difference from a 3peat. I doubt we'll ever see a superstar go 6/7 in the finals again, let alone come close to 6/6 (along with the other individual accolades) which is why I'm saying like, if Jordan's your guy cool but he'll never ever lose that GOAT mantle if we're using the whole "6/6" thing.

...Duncan doesn't have 6 rings in 13 years and he wasn't a perfect 6/6 in the finals. He also doesn't have over 30K points in his career or 5MVPs, with 10 scoring titles, so Nope :lol:.

Again Jordan did all of that in 13 years. Duncan's portfolio is great, but it doesn't really come close to registering with Jordan.
I don't get why, on the subject of greatness, we are discrediting the greatest because he was too great. If you wanna be better than Jordan you have to BE BETTER than Jordan. It aint his fault he made that impossible to achieve
Exactly! I don’t even care if Jordan is the GOAT or not, he was never my favorite player or anything. But if you want to be better just do more and be better. If you don’t youre not better.

It's not a discredit, Jordan's great, and his accomplishments allude to that.

But if you think the difference between Jordan and LBJ or Jordan and Kobe is that he went 6/6 in the finals and has 10 scoring titles, then I don't buy that. Not when LBJ and Kobe have to play stiffer comp in a better, more sophisticated era.

Jordan can be better than those guys, but not because of his overwhelming accolades. At least not to me.

You're projecting bro, I didn't call LBJ the goat. I just said he should be omitted from the discussion because of his accolades and ****.

All I'm saying, is that the NBA is as good and as deep as it's ever been. Because of that, and how the cap is, there's no way any player is going to win 6 chips let alone go 6/6 in the finals, scoring 30K points, winning the MVP award 5x, Dpoy, etc. not in 2018. If you are using those standards as a measuring stick for the GOAT status, then TO ME, it's silly because no one will ever reach that.

If you believe in the mythology of Jordan and believe that he's so much better than LBJ, Kobe, etc. that he would go 6/6 in this era and win 5 MVPS, and DPoy and what not in this era, then so be it. I don't. The difference in those guys from a basketball perspective is hair splitting. At the end of the day, the point is, is that if you think Jordan is the GOAT then good, he's great. But the 6/6 in the finals **** isn't why he's the GOAT in my eyes.

Very well said.

I personally think lebron is the goat and that is from my eye test and what I consider judging them in a vaccum. He will surpass mj in almost every stat. You can change a leagues dynamics (cap, type of athletes, etc) but at the end of the day Lebron has become a better performer across the board at the game of basketball.

Kobe didn't go 6/6 or have 10 scoring titles and 5 MVPs, Dpoy etc because he's not as good as Jordan. Straight up. Same with lebron. Those accolades are a result of him being a better basketball player, not the other way around

...Duncan doesn't have 6 rings in 13 years and he wasn't a perfect 6/6 in the finals. He also doesn't have over 30K points in his career or 5MVPs, with 10 scoring titles, so Nope :lol:.

Yeah Jordan's catalog is insane.
6-6 Finals (that'll never happen at least not any time remotely soon)
5 MVP
DPOY
10 x all time first team
9 x defense first team
3 x steals champ
10 x scoring champ
ROY
all dem pointz
and all dem highlights lol

30 years from now he's gonna be a myth like Wilt lol

Yeah Jordan's catalog is insane.
6-6 Finals (that'll never happen at least not any time remotely soon)
5 MVP
DPOY
10 x all time first team
9 x defense first team
3 x steals champ
10 x scoring champ
ROY
all dem pointz
and all dem highlights lol

30 years from now he's gonna be a myth like Wilt lol

Bruh it's already on myth status :lol:

Even if LeBron ended all time scoring leader, and gets lucky with a ring (or even 2)
39-40k pts
10k + ast
10k + reb (impressive)
3-5 rings so he'd be at best .500 in finals but most likely will have a losing record
4 x mvp
roy

only 5x all def
no steals leader
1x scoring champ..

compared to jordan's portfolio man lmao

Bron's legend would just be the stats tbh if he breaks Kareem's

Even if LeBron ended all time scoring leader, and gets lucky with a ring (or even 2)
39-40k pts
10k + ast
10k + reb (impressive)
3-5 rings so he'd be at best .500 in finals but most likely will have a losing record
4 x mvp
roy

only 5x all def
no steals leader
1x scoring champ..

compared to jordan's portfolio man lmao

It doesn't compare to Kareem either but y'all sleep

Touche but most folks have Jordan as the no 1.

maybe because Jordan was able to dribble the ball and create for himself lol
Just checked Kareem's and his is brazy too

People already got Bron at #2 though. Which is just as disrespectful as putting him in the same breath as Mike.

Don't get me wrong, I think Jordan is a better then LeBron but the mental gymnastics that certain Jordan fans performance hilarious.

First it was "Jordan is more clutch than LeBron."

Now that they learned that LeBron has a higher field goal percentage in the clutch than Jordan they say "Jordan didn't need to be clutch because they were always up by 20."

The level of insecurity they have is interesting because it's universally accepted that Jordan is the greatest player of all time.

It's to the point where Jordan fans can't give LeBron credit for anything.

Is it impossible for Jordan to be the greatest player of all time while at the same time acknowledging that LeBron is better at certain things (3 pt shooting, rebounding, playmaking) than Jordan?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom