2018 NBA Playoffs Thread

Who will win The Finals

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Marketing campaigns are why we claim MJ as goat. It's a a part of every sport and what separates superstars from great players.

I work in marketing too

btw...Lebron's teams have usually been the underdog in the finals. That's Vegas, not marketing.
LeBron has won one as the underdog and lost one as the favorite. All the others went as predicted. It's not like he's defying the odds here.

2014 odds were almost a push.

Marketing campaigns are why we claim MJ as goat. It's a a part of every sport and what separates superstars from great players.

I work in marketing too

btw...Lebron's teams have usually been the underdog in the finals. That's Vegas, not marketing.
i don't think his teams have been favored in any finals match up right? or am i wrong?

i think even the OKC series he wasn't favored

prob favored against dallas tho huh

Also we all know one of the biggest swings in that game was Donovan finally sitting Melo for Grant. If he has any guts at all he is sticking with that if he wants to win.

Melo having a +/- of -6 and Grant having +13 says it all. I don't think that Donovan has the balls to bench Melo even though his job may be on the line. Remember Melo's response to being benched in the offseason:

Coaches always say that the hardest players to coach are stars who are past their prime.

and half titles and imaginary titles? wut?

winning the first chip in cleveland coming back down 3-1 was pretty dope though :lol:
i'll give him some brownie points on that one

The performance isn't marketing, the stories and belief that 6for6 is the end all be all of greatness is.

People have more rings, more points, more everything...but none of it matters because Jordan did it in a way we were taught was the best way.
No one has more than the sum of the total than Jordan does.

Also many of us actually watched Jordan play and formed our own impressions.

The performance isn't marketing, the stories and belief that 6for6 is the end all be all of greatness is.

People have more rings, more points, more everything...but none of it matters because Jordan did it in a way we were taught was the best way.

Only Cap has a legitimate claim to that throne. Nobody else. Especially Bron.

No one has more than the sum of the total than Jordan does.

Also many of us actually watched Jordan play and formed our own impressions.

I watched Jordan from the mid 90's so I missed his losing years. I was also young so I was easily more impressionable.
I always said if you reversed the era of their careers and Lebron came first we would not consider MJ the goat even with his rings. We would praise Lebron's shoes, his story and career at a higher regard.

I watched Jordan from the mid 90's so I missed his losing years. I was also young so I was easily more impressionable.
I always said if you reversed the era of their careers and Lebron came first we would not consider MJ the goat even with his rings. We would praise Lebron's shoes, his story and career at a higher regard.
In the modern era winning 3 straight-retired-3 straight is unmatched and undisputable. I don't care what type of made up qualifiers you all try to make for LeBron, it's not bringing him up to that level.

Not to mention all this "no help" nonsense, which is ridiculous, tries to completely handwave him creating a superteam in Miami to win 2 of 3, and then having a ****ing awesome team in Cleveland the year they won.

In the modern era winning 3 straight-retired-3 straight is unmatched and undisputable. I don't care what type of made up qualifiers you all try to make for LeBron, it's not bringing him up to that level.

Not to mention all this "no help" nonsense, which is ridiculous, tries to completely handwave him creating a superteam in Miami to win 2 of 3, and then having a ****ing awesome team in Cleveland the year they won.
That “awesome” team was still a heavy underdog so that point is irrelevant :lol:
Every f****** championship team is good.

Lol I mean what are you saying. Can't call him the goat because he's in his own category of all time greatness that no one else comes close to. Therefore LeBron is the goat

You're projecting bro, I didn't call LBJ the goat. I just said he should be omitted from the discussion because of his accolades and ****.

All I'm saying, is that the NBA is as good and as deep as it's ever been. Because of that, and how the cap is, there's no way any player is going to win 6 chips let alone go 6/6 in the finals, scoring 30K points, winning the MVP award 5x, Dpoy, etc. not in 2018. If you are using those standards as a measuring stick for the GOAT status, then TO ME, it's silly because no one will ever reach that.

If you believe in the mythology of Jordan and believe that he's so much better than LBJ, Kobe, etc. that he would go 6/6 in this era and win 5 MVPS, and DPoy and what not in this era, then so be it. I don't. The difference in those guys from a basketball perspective is hair splitting. At the end of the day, the point is, is that if you think Jordan is the GOAT then good, he's great. But the 6/6 in the finals **** isn't why he's the GOAT in my eyes.

You're projecting bro, I didn't call LBJ the goat. I just said he should be omitted from the discussion because of his accolades and ****.

All I'm saying, is that the NBA is as good and as deep as it's ever been. Because of that, and how the cap is, there's no way any player is going to win 6 chips let alone go 6/6 in the finals, scoring 30K points, winning the MVP award 5x, Dpoy, etc. not in 2018. If you are using those standards as a measuring stick for the GOAT status, then TO ME, it's silly because no one will ever reach that.

If you believe in the mythology of Jordan and believe that he's so much better than LBJ, Kobe, etc. that he would go 6/6 in this era and win 5 MVPS, and DPoy and what not in this era, then so be it. I don't. The difference in those guys from a basketball perspective is hair splitting. At the end of the day, the point is, is that if you think Jordan is the GOAT then good, he's great. But the 6/6 in the finals **** isn't why he's the GOAT in my eyes.
Duncan won 5 chips in like a 18 year career and was a Chris Bosh rebound and Ray Allen three from having 6. But no one can win that much ? Nah I ain't buying what you pushin.

Duncan won 5 chips in like a 18 year career and was a Chris Bosh rebound and Ray Allen three from having 6. But no one can win that much. Nah I ain't buying what you pushin.

...Duncan doesn't have 6 rings in 13 years and he wasn't a perfect 6/6 in the finals. He also doesn't have over 30K points in his career or 5MVPs, with 10 scoring titles, so Nope :lol:.

Again Jordan did all of that in 13 years. Duncan's portfolio is great, but it doesn't really come close to registering with Jordan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom