2018 NBA Playoffs Thread

Who will win The Finals

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
DcE9eSJVQAA5LK0.jpg

I know but it's just tough seeing Tatum dropping 28 looking like a seasoned vet while our guy not even getting any minutes on the bench.

The guy spent 69 games trying to get his head together and played limited minutes in 10 games. Despite the flashes of greatness he showed at times you can't trust him to come through and play with poise. Not after playing as little as he did after going through whatever he was going through in his head.

You are.

It was Game 1 of the series with the Sixers coming off 6 days of rest playing at Boston and the Celtics hit 50% from the entire floor including three. While the Sixers shot 19% from three where they’re usually strong.

Anomaly just like I said Game 2 against the Heat was.

fine and dandy. i was told we weren't sniffing the 2nd round though

If the Celtics didn’t score, defend, and not turn the ball over, Philly would’ve won easily.

Or maybe not hit the most threes they’ve hit the ENTIRE season in one game (while doing it at a 50% clip)?

But yeah I’m positive there was not a single game all year where the Celtics had decently open shots. None at all.

5 Prime Ron Artests been glued to the Celtics all year every game off Horford’s moving screens.

Wow. 31-12-5 from Embiid, 20 from RedicKKK, 18-7-6 from Simmons, no Jaylen Brown for Boston, no Kyrie, no Hayward, 3-12 shooting from Smart, 2-10 shooting from Larkin and Ojeleye off the bench and Philly still gets blown this game.

Son that stat line is as good as it’s gonna get for Philly and C’s were short Jaylen. Yikes.

Don't think that's the case whatsoever. As an outsider looking in, it's always easy to throw shade and say "earn the respect", but it's the fact that there's respect put on a lot of other teams that flat out don't deserve it too. ESPN had the Raptors finishing between 6-8 in the East this season. SI had Demar Derozan ranked 37 in the top 100 players currently in the NBA, with players like Jae Crowder even being ranked as better LMFAO. It's fair that the fanbase has a chip on their shoulder and feel like outsiders because they're the only Canadian franchise. With teams like the Bucks, Wizards and even the Charlotte Hornets finishing above them. I called out the "choker" narrative and said that Bucks or Wizards should have that title, but yet someone replied saying "Giannis is 23". So I guess you get a full pass for being young but also basically getting knocked out the exact same way by a Celtics team that even the Celtics fans were dissing the Bucks fans like, "you got beat by our bench" which is literally what happened. Wizards are NEVER called chokers but they have never made it out of the second round with three max players in Wall, Beal and Porter. I guess the only way the choking narrative will end is to win obviously. They have never been able to get by Lebron so clearly that's a big factor too. It's just funny though because even if the Raptors win this series...the narrative will be, "they could only beat Lebron when he had the weakest team he's ever had".

Start over. No disrespect but the Raptors are frauds.

If the Raptors can’t take this series to 7 games at the very least, they gotta just burn Lowry and Derozan’s passports.

Just leave them garbage *** dudes up there to freeze in the snow.

Stop shooting 3s
Stop shooting 3s
Stop shooting 3s
Stop shooting 3s
Stop shooting 3s
Stop shooting 3s
Stop shooting 3s
Stop shooting 3s
Stop shooting 3s
Nah bruh, you have to let those shots FLY.
Shoot it until you make them.

Because the West has no up and coming stars?

Comparatively, based on this year's observation, the West has less future superstar potential than the East. Never said they have none. Of course, that could change next year depending on drafts, trades, etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom