2018 NBA Playoffs Thread

Who will win The Finals

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kyrie didn’t stay under Lebron’s tutelage and now he’s bout to be a traveling man

11E7587F-2DEC-45BF-A79B-EA4C1D75B5AF.jpeg
A mason???

what exactly is the significance of the argentina part?

and you're right people should only talk about race when you are comfortable. :rolleyes

I’ve seen several posters in here, jokes or not, say anywhere from that I’m a redneck from the sticks or some rich, entitled white kid living in my parent’s mansion literally just because I think that it’s annoying as **** that so many things in the NFL thread turn into race debates.

So Stevens shouldn't be in the upper echelon of coaches because he doesn't have LeBron on his team or isn't the coach of the Warriors? Got it.
Uh, no... Because he needs to earn it and prove more than that he can achieve highly in the regular season?

Is he not proving it now? They are without 2 of their 3 best players and are competing at a high level. Look at how they defend.
Brad is a very good coach. Is he "the best coach"? No, not yet. Is he in the top tier? No, not yet. High achieving in the regular season and "overachieving" is the biggest mirage there is. The Celtics have good players and are competing well in the early rounds. They don't have stars and therefore they're not going to contend.

For what's it's worth I do think that Stevens will have the Celtics contending when the team is healthy. And THEN he will have proved himself. "Overachieving" narratives are indicative of nothing. Many coaches can do surprisingly well with solid role players but can't take the next step with stars.

Is he not proving it now? They are without 2 of their 3 best players and are competing at a high level. Look at how they defend.
All he cares about is that Stevens hasn't been able to get past a far superior team led by LeBron in the playoffs.

Brad is a very good coach. Is he "the best coach"? No, not yet. Is he in the top tier? No, not yet. High achieving in the regular season and "overachieving" is the biggest mirage there is. The Celtics have good players and are competing well in the early rounds. They don't have stars and therefore they're not going to contend.

For what's it's worth I do think that Stevens will have the Celtics contending when the team is healthy. And THEN he will have proved himself. "Overachieving" narratives are indicative of nothing. Many coaches can do surprisingly well with solid role players but can't take the next step with stars.

But this is two years of over achieving. They were a ECF team last year lead by NTs whipping boy. And it’s not really a narrative at this point. The Celtics are the deepest team in the league and he’s doing a great job of pulling strings. His teams defend, he runs great stuff, he gets the most out of his players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom