2018 NBA Playoffs Thread

Who will win The Finals

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
But this is two years of over achieving. They were a ECF team last year lead by NTs whipping boy. And it’s not really a narrative at this point. The Celtics are the deepest team in the league and he’s doing a great job of pulling strings. His teams defend, he runs great stuff, he gets the most out of his players.
Dude what I'm saying is: "Overachieving" is irrelevant. It is totally subjective. I could argue that what they have done in the playoffs so far (getting into the second round) is really not overachieving even considering their injuries—they have a second round roster.

"Achievement" is objective. When he achieves something, I will give him credit. So far, he has achieved less than Mike Bundenholzer did.

I don't want to hear about overachievement any more. it is 100% a narrative trick that gets people to twist themselves into knots to make them see what they want to see.

Been down this road before where Tom Thibodeau was "the best coach in the league" for about 4 years and then everyone realized he just had a really talented defensive roster and played his guys to the bone in the regular season. You know how you could have avoided getting tricked by that? Waiting until Tommy won something to anoint him.

That was 6 years ago....

August 5, 2017

41169E60-1FCD-41EE-9922-C72B05C565B4.jpeg

Nipple touch
B7DF1DDD-0010-4451-B175-D455EDC1A7FB.jpeg

Dude what I'm saying is: "Overachieving" is irrelevant. It is totally subjective. I could argue that what they have done in the playoffs so far (getting into the second round) is really not overachieving even considering their injuries—they have a second round roster.

"Achievement" is objective. When he achieves something, I will give him credit. So far, he has achieved less than Mike Bundenholzer did.

I don't want to hear about overachievement any more. it is 100% a narrative trick that gets people to twist themselves into knots to make them see what they want to see.

Been down this road before where Tom Thibodeau was "the best coach in the league" for about 4 years and then everyone realized he just had a really talented defensive roster and played his guys to the bone in the regular season. You know how you could have avoided getting tricked by that? Waiting until Tommy won something to anoint him.
So winning a championship is the only way that you'll look at him as being in the upper echelon? Do you also think Robert Horry was better than Barkley?

Bud is a good coach too. And he and Stevens have won the same number of playoff series in the same number of years coaching, so how has he achieved more by your definition?

Dirk top 15-20. That’s “transcendent”

You guys are probably right, it just seems a bit much to me. He is absolutely a HOFer without a doubt and had an incredible career, but when I think of transcendent talents I think of Magic, Jordan, Shaq, Lebron (even though he is a douche).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom