2018 NBA Playoffs Thread

Who will win The Finals

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
:rofl:
2870A04D-403D-4604-AC8D-425780437165.jpeg

And the warriors were down 3-1 to the Thunder before losing to the Cavs in the Finals.
They have not had this run of pure uncontested dominance that people think they have.

i guess you missed when i said this:

who said i forgot any of this?

you're talking about the warriors team that ONLY had the 3 all nba-ers and won 73 games

i think that was the last time the league had an opportunity to be what you described.. the last 2 seasons ive viewed as pointless

even without steph, they have had what 1 tough game in this playoffs so far? how many did they have last postseason?

People really act like the warriors have won 5 in a row.
They will be challenged this year. I'll bet on it . They also will be running into problems all super teams have really soon . .

And the warriors were down 3-1 to the Thunder before losing to the Cavs in the Finals.
They have not had this run of pure uncontested dominance that people think they have.

I’m saying.

People just have a problem with THIS team being dominant :lol:. All the nuance in the world for the lack of parity that existed from the same few teams in history.....

But a team that hasn’t won in 40 years has a completely unforeseen rise, luck and brief dominance and some dudes act like they can’t watch anymore :lol:.

It’ll be all over by 2019. Don’t worry. Houston will make it interesting this year.

Heat had 2 top 3 players for a couple seasons.
3 peat Lakers had 2 top 3 players for a few seasons as well. It's not really a new phenomenon.

Those teams generally win.

Steph Curry barely even played this year...stop it
without Curry on the floor, KD didn't come close to producing like Bron or Harden all year
so you have to be a playmaker to be the best in the nba.
durant is a better scorer and defender then LeBron.
I guess shaq was never the best player in the nba then.

Heat had 2 top 3 players for a couple seasons.
3 peat Lakers had 2 top 3 players for a few seasons as well. It's not really a new phenomenon.

Those teams generally win.
When did the Heat have 2 top 3 players?
2011 maybe but definitely not for a few seasons :rofl:

But the difference between role players and stars is role players are interchangeable and are not consistent. They don't need to bring it every night at a star level. Dirk had to bring it every. damn. night.

Gotta disagree a little bit here. Dirk lowwwwkey had an awful game in the Conference Finals and a couple rough games in the Finals (he struggled mightily in the clincher), but the Mavs won all three of those games anyway. I’m not trying to slander the guy at all because overall in the playoff run he was awesome, and I was glad to see him get his recognition as an elite player and get the monkey off his back from ‘06 and ‘07, but I’m just saying it wasn’t a situation where if he struggled they had no chance. They stepped up big time on both ends on the nights he didn’t have it. Every championship team has to have that, and the Mavs delivered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom