2018 NBA Playoffs Thread

Who will win The Finals

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
obviously that's your prerogative, but i was in for the competition of the thing.. if i'm watching something for dominance, i stick to a couple of the olympic individual sports where it's 1 person changing history
It's not just the dominance... I really enjoy watching basketball played well. There is a lot of beautiful basketball being played right now. Great teamwork, great star talents.

To me there is a lot of really ugly football being played. Plus the commercials, the commentary, all of it is very grating to me. I watch because of my own team and fantasy.

I feel like the NBA is a hot takes league with fanboys of specific players. These fanboys then hype their player and literally HATE other players and thus people in the nba thread are pity and childish
agreed. To many young haters in the nba thread.
NFL also doesn't have that " this is the best era of football all other eras suck mentality "

Klay Thompson or Draymond won’t make it this year....so what’s your point of listing 4 all nba’ers :lol:? That’s why I listed melo’s washed *** with Russ & PG (Steven Adams is an all nba level talent/capela too). I’m just trying to explain to you that their is talent spread around the league. GSW just got the most right now.

i agreed there was talent all around the league, did you not read my original response?

it's why i'm disappointed with the current state of things.. the warriors will lose what maybe 3 or 4 games the whole 2018 playoffs, if that

the team broke the all time regular season record the season after they won the championship, the playoffs THAT year was great.. then they added durant

the last 2 years is the least about of basketball i've watched in my life.. i have zero real interest.. if they get to a game 6 in a series, then i'll watch

NFL also doesn't have that " this is the best era of football all other eras suck mentality "
What do you think is the best era of football?

Football fans are always complaining about how everything sucks now.

I agree going forward next 4 years. But next 2. I am taking Dekobe

I can’t give dekobe next season either. It’s hard to keep trending upward but if Oladipo does, he’s passing him.

This Cavs series will determine what dekobe is in terms of top SGs. Oladipo ate when he stop settling for 3s, dekobe should too

What do you think is the best era of football?

Football fans are always complaining about how everything sucks now.
there is no best era. Same with basketball. All eras have they good and bad.
The thing I hate about football in today's league is you can't hit anymore..
Personal preference I enjoy the 90s for football and late 00s for basketball..

Anyone who hits me with me " this and that are so much more complex etc etc." Is on that nonsense. The game isn't like technology

This isn't a serious statement. Dudes are calling the league a flag football league and trashing the league for it's "player safety" rule changes every year. People want the ole slobber knocker ways to come back while these dudes are dying on the field.

You dudes always saying KD and Steph are the two best players in the league but now you wanna act like the talent level on GSW isn’t much better than every other team :lol:

Look man...idk what to tell you :lol:. It’s the nature of the game and has been that way in periods of time since forever.

Fo fo fo Sixers
72-10 Bulls
15-1 Lakers & 3peat Lakers
3 pear Bulls (2X)
Lakers & Celtics winning 8/10 championships in the 80s

Sometimes....greatness just comes at you in waves in basketball. If those teams of the past didn’t bother you with their dominance...this Warriors team shouldn’t either.

that sixers team, won 1 championship

MJ's bulls teams, had battles against teams within their own conference and the playoffs were co

shaq/kobe lakers had couple teams in the west they had to battle with

lakers and celtics had to battle each other couple teams.. plus you had that young houston team with that 1 great year before it fell apart.. and the sixers team you mentioned.. plus the pistons coming on in the late 80s

Dippo's a better shooter and defensive player but they're about the same in rebounding/scoring with Derozan having the edge at the line.

Think I'd go with Dippo but longevity has me leaning towards Derozan. Jimmy> tho

you think he's alone?
UHMHNK2SNRH6DESFVTAZMKSJOE.jpg

More than likely not. But I do know the NBA isn't black balling players for social justice stances. Hella Trump supporters in the NFL though.

Another thing that irks me is the ability refs have to unilaterally hand out technical fouls.
Like cmon, how can they not see that it's a bad idea? Some of these dudes be handing them out for light ****.

double techs are the worst

You dudes always saying KD and Steph are the two best players in the league but now you wanna act like the talent level on GSW isn’t much better than every other team :lol:

No one said that. But they are the 2 best in the league. And it’s part of the reason they got your boy up outta the paint real gentlemanly a year ago.

Tough *******.

It's just like, how much value is concentrated in one player versus spread out among a bunch of different players. How many net points does one player get you. Dirk has to be the biggest gap between player A and player B on a championship team since at least '03 (as you suggested). I think that's really impressive. I am not downplaying the contributions of the role players on that team.

But the difference between role players and stars is role players are interchangeable and are not consistent. They don't need to bring it every night at a star level. Dirk had to bring it every. damn. night.
You’re talking about the impact of one guy on offense man :lol: your scale isn’t accounting for the 90-100+ possessions where Dallas doesn’t have the ball.... and Kobe/LeBron/KD/etc are coming at them :lol:

Then you’re saying these guys don’t have to bring it every night by guarding those guys :lol: eh

that sixers team, won 1 championship

MJ's bulls teams, had battles against teams within their own conference and the playoffs were co

shaq/kobe lakers had couple teams in the west they had to battle with

lakers and celtics had to battle each other couple teams.. plus you had that young houston team with that 1 great year before it fell apart.. and the sixers team you mentioned.. plus the pistons coming on in the late 80s
And the warriors were down 3-1 to the Thunder before losing to the Cavs in the Finals.
They have not had this run of pure uncontested dominance that people think they have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom