2018 NBA Playoffs Thread

Who will win The Finals

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt Spurs would give a damn if Kawhi flourishes or not on his new team :lol:. Last thing they’d worry about.

And of course you’re never gonna get equal value shipping out a Star, but a team like the spurs gonna get much more than that.

It really comes down to Fultz and how the spurs value him tbh.

Also gotta factor which contract the team is gonna allow SA to unload on them

I've never seen a D'Antoni team locked in on D. The offense is a given. Hopefully this is the year it comes together for him.

Capela production going to drop off after he secures the bag? High effort type player, hope he keeps playing decently hard after he gets paid

He added much to his game in prep for the contract year, I give him kudos

Capela production going to drop off after he secures the bag? High effort type player, hope he keeps playing decently hard after he gets paid
nope. he will flourish for as long as he remains with harden. put him on another team and his offensive production probably falls off but his defense is still elite

I’m Letting My Kids Stay Up Late to Watch LeBron James (Jason Gay, WSJ)

If you run into my children in the next few weeks, a warning: they might be a nightmare. I mean, more of a nightmare than they usually are. They might be especially cranky and tired, demanding cheese sticks and juice boxes. They might wind up on the floor, kicking and howling, like an adult at the Apple Genius Bar.

It’s not their fault. It’s mine.

I’ve been letting them stay up late to watch LeBron.

My children are 5 and 3. They are not sports fans. They are children. They would much prefer to watch a crocodile wrestle a boa constrictor. Or a volcano eruption. Or “Octonauts.”

But for the past few weeks, we’ve fallen into a routine whenever the Cleveland Cavaliers have an evening playoff game. The children do their normal child-schtick of wandering out of their bedrooms after bedtime, complaining they can’t sleep. This is a lie.

They ask if they can sit on the couch and watch a little TV.

I should say no, because they really need to go to bed. But I say yes, because LeBron James is playing basketball—and I want my children to have watched LeBron James play basketball, when he was still in his prime.

I know it sounds corny, but I think this is important. It’s pretty obvious by now that James is one of the greatest basketball players of all time. When he finally wraps his career, he may have a case alongside Michael Jordan as the greatest ever, and I want my children, when they’re 35 or 62—or 147, living on Mars with their own great-great-great-grandkids, and Elon Musk and Tom Brady —to be able to say: Yeah, I saw LeBron James play.

I think this is the kind of thing I’m supposed to do as a parent. Sure: I’m supposed to teach them to brush their teeth, tie their shoes, drive a stick shift and make an Old-Fashioned the proper way, with a muddler and real sugar and not some garbage simple syrup. But I also think it’s essential that when something miraculous is happening in sports, you make sure that your kids see it.

Two role players, a late lotto and a late first for a top 5 player? Laughable

Last year’s #1 overall pick (or a 2nd year player who just averaged 16-7-3 this season on great percentages and would be great in the Spurs system), a 3 and D All Defense player (Danny Green replacement since he’s an UFA this summer) who’s under contract for another 4 seasons, the #10 pick and the #25 pick in this year’s draft is a pretty damn good deal.

Combine that with the fact that Kawhi’s uncle lives right outside Philly and is the one behind his motives at the moment and set him up with the Sixers doctor...and that Brett Brown is Pop’s guy.

Last year’s #1 overall pick (or a 2nd year player who just averaged 16-7-3 this season on great percentages and would be great in the Spurs system), a 3 and D All Defense player (Danny Green replacement since he’s an UFA this summer) who’s under contract for another 4 seasons, the #10 pick and the #25 pick in this year’s draft is a pretty damn good deal.

Combine that with the fact that Kawhi’s uncle lives right outside Philly and is the one behind his motives at the moment and set him up with the Sixers doctor...and that Brett Brown is Pop’s guy.

Why is it Fultz or Saric? Spurs should get both in a Kawhi trade + Covington, and the lakers pick or it’s not even worth considering.

Cov and Saric are great fits on the Spurs, but still nowhere close to enough for Kawhi. It really comes down to Fultz and how Buford and Pop value him as a prospect. If they think he can live up to his potential I can see the trade happening

Tucker smacked the **** outta him lmao
he barely smacked him in his forehead. joe ingles flopped his *** off and acted like he got hit in the eye.

reggie miller is a ******* clown.

if that's a flagrant and gobert's blatant slap on harden wasn't a couple games ago then i dont even know what to say.

Its so hard to know intent Reggie. I dont think intent is part of the deliberations for a flagrant or not.

What did I just say about flops and the league/refs encouraging it. They literally spent time to review it and called it a flagrant lol. He very lightly touched his forehead lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom