2019-20 NFL thread: Thread's dead. Move into spacedoodoo's

My NFL combine thoughts:
I think they need to change the 40 yard dash to full pads and cleats. You can’t play football with shorts and a tee, so screw them numbers, get 40 time based on a player in full equipment. Much more accurate.

Some people are just faster when they are being chased in a game. Putting pads on and running a 40 wouldn't really change much in my opinion.

My NFL combine thoughts:
I think they need to change the 40 yard dash to full pads and cleats. You can’t play football with shorts and a tee, so screw them numbers, get 40 time based on a player in full equipment. Much more accurate.

Yea a famous example is Jerry Rice. Think he ran a 4.7 on his pro day but every defender and teammate from that era says you couldn't catch him on the field.

Game speed is a real thing

Kyler measured in at 5'10" +

I was like "Oh ****!!!" until I saw:

Man ***** with these fugazi *** measurements :lol: They tryna pass Jake Browning off as 6'2"??

Y’all know Jerry Jones had to steal the headlines from Robert Kraft.

Kraft was becoming a “hot boy” out in these Florida streets.

Goodell sent that call to Jerral :lol: :rofl:

J/k

or maybe jerrah knows that 'bigger' name is getting released soon and needs to grab headlines

:nerd:

My NFL combine thoughts:
Some people are just faster when they are being chased in a game. Putting pads on and running a 40 wouldn't really change much in my opinion.
Yea a famous example is Jerry Rice. Think he ran a 4.7 on his pro day but every defender and teammate from that era says you couldn't catch him on the field.

Game speed is a real thing

40 is fine.. it needs to be put in context, like all of the other drills.. you gotta match what the athletic scores/measurements with what you see on film

like if a dude runs 4.1 and you see him struggling to get separation or struggles in space because they struggle with change of direction or lateral quickness.. then you gotta figure out why

or some guys just dont get put in positions that play to their strengths.. like take RB, a dude could struggle with the change of direction drills and still be good in the league cause they can go in a 1 cut and go scheme

Does Witten have anything left??

Also any chance Johnny Manziel joins one of these other leagues like AAF, LFL or XFL? If he got kicked out of the CFL teams might be reluctant to sign even if his name could boost ticket sales.

Also any chance Johnny Manziel joins one of these other leagues like AAF, LFL or XFL? If he got kicked out of the CFL teams might be reluctant to sign even if his name could boost ticket sales.

I can definitely see Manziel in the XFL. Don't think his past will be an issue there at all.

As for Witten...He's going to be average at best in my opinion. Probably 60 catches, 500-600 yards, and 3-5 TDs. But I guess they brought him back for his "intangibles".

Jerry really resigned Jason Witten just to spare him the shame of getting fired from broadcasting, huh?

25 snaps.. for $5 mill

giphy.gif

What do you mean when you say nothing.

He was never a Travis Kelce TE. He a beast off a blocker. He basically and LT that can catch a 8 yard dig once in a while.

Exactly.

Gates gave him the blueprint.

gates was half the price AND this was after the young dude went down and chargers needed someone

offseason aint even really really start yet.. draft still coming up.. but hey, 25 snaps thou

i wanna know what ESPN was giving dude

aint they was giving gruden $5 mill?

For sure dude. My favorite thing that’s ever happened to weed. I can easily control my dosage and take it and hit it anywhere I want. I also don’t like to get blasted to another dimension. Bars, games, concerts, Movie theatres and i don’t worry about a damn thing. And they last forever.

The oil pens have changed the pot game for me.

It changed from only on holiday type of thing to you can do it daily if you have the cartridge.
Good cartridges are much harder to find than flower though.

Back
Top Bottom