2019-20 NFL thread: Thread's dead. Move into spacedoodoo's

Have you ever considered that the success of a particular coach might have absolutely nothing to do with who he happened to work with previously? Reid never won a damn thing. Just another old white coach with job security. Yet you’re somehow giving him credit for the success of Nagy and Peterson?

The Eagles finally win one Super Bowl after several decades of incompetence, and their fans (and players like Lane Johnson) act like every other team should model their franchise after them :lol:

If you want to pump up Doug Peterson and his 9-7 record go ahead, but no need to discredit a young overachiever like Flores in the process.

Reid has been to 6 conference championship games

And for his flaws, he has developed some pretty good coaches

His last 2 OCs seem to be pretty good HCs so far

And again, i have zero clue about Flores or any of these other people personally.. however the records are there for people who have left hoodie and those who have left Reid

Reid has been to 6 conference championship games

And for his flaws, he has developed some pretty good coaches

His last 2 OCs seem to be pretty good HCs so far

And again, i have zero clue about Flores or any of these other people personally.. however the records are there for people who have left hoodie and those who have left Reid

Reid is the white Marv Lewis with a few playoff wins. Big time underachiever. I’m hesitant to assume he ‘developed’ these guys just because they worked for him. Grooming assistants so they can get hired by other teams probably isn’t a top priority for an NFL head coach.

Even if one was to agree that Reid has a better coaching tree than Belichick, what would that prove? Everyone is still picking Belichick over Reid when it comes to anything related to coaching football. Scouting, building a roster, coaching a game, training assistants, whatever.

Reid is the white Marv Lewis with a few playoff wins. Big time underachiever. I’m hesitant to assume he ‘developed’ these guys just because they worked for him. Grooming assistants so they can get hired by other teams probably isn’t a top priority for an NFL head coach.

Even if one was to agree that Reid has a better coaching tree than Belichick, what would that prove? Everyone is still picking Belichick over Reid when it comes to anything related to coaching football. Scouting, building a roster, coaching a game, training assistants, whatever.

Hoodie is the greatest coach ever.. meanwhile the results of those who have gone on to be head coaches in the NFL after coaching under him:

Josh McDaniels: 11 - 17
Nick Saban: 15 - 17
Romeo crennel: 28 - 55
Bill o'brien 43 - 41
Matt Patricia: 6 - 10
Eric mangini: 33 - 48
Al groh: 9 - 7

Not sure if they really count, but:
Jim Schwartz (he was a browns scout): 29 - 51
Mike vrabel (played for him but wasn't a coach): 9 - 7

1 playoff win in the whole group

Hoodie is the greatest coach ever.. meanwhile the results of those who have gone on to be head coaches in the NFL after coaching under him:

Josh McDaniels: 11 - 17
Nick Saban: 15 - 17
Romeo crennel: 28 - 55
Bill o'brien 43 - 41
Matt Patricia: 6 - 10
Eric mangini: 33 - 48
Al groh: 9 - 7

Not sure if they really count, but:
Jim Schwartz (he was a browns scout): 29 - 51
Mike vrabel (played for him but wasn't a coach): 9 - 7

1 playoff win in the whole group

And you think this is going to have an effect on Flores in what way? I agree the records are bad but my point is that it doesnt matter.

In all honesty too, those are some good ******* coaches. Nick Saban, Romeo Crennell, and Josh McDaniels are all excellent coaches. BOB has done a really good job and Patricia just ******* started.

Who is off Reid's tree again?

And you think this is going to have an effect on Flores in what way? I agree the records are bad but my point is that it doesnt matter.

In all honesty too, those are some good ****ing coaches. Nick Saban, Romeo Crennell, and Josh McDaniels are all excellent coaches. BOB has done a really good job and Patricia just ****ing started.

Who is off Reid's tree again?

Current HCs:
The coach of the year this year (bears)
The last super bowl winning coach (eagles)
And the coaches of 2 other playoff teams (Ravens and colts)

Then there is panthers coach (who made a super bowl), bills coach and Giants coach

So Nagy, Pederson, Reich, Harbaugh, Rivera and whoever coaches the Bills and Giants :lol:

Sure, their records are better because half these guys are coaching really good teams / elite quarterbacks.

But say u had to start a team and u could pick three guys from each tree. Head coach and both coordinators.

Saban, Romeo, and McDaniels >>> any combination off Reid’s tree, right?

the 3 people you named had to swim on their own in the NFL without hoodie

And guess what zero playoff wins and zero playoff appearances

Andy's former OC won a super bowl (Pederson)

Andy's former special teams coordinator won a super bowl (harbaugh)

Andy's former LB coach (Rivera) and former DC (bills HC) both made a super bowl with the panthers

the 3 people you named had to swim on their own in the NFL without hoodie

And guess what zero playoff wins and zero playoff appearances

Andy's former OC won a super bowl (Pederson)

Andy's former special teams coordinator won a super bowl (harbaugh)

Andy's former LB coach (Rivera) and former DC (bills HC) both made a super bowl with the panthers

Zero playoff wins for Josh and Saban in what, two seasons each? That's a tiny sample size. McDaniels, Romeo's and Saban's hands are covered in championship rings and youre making it seem like Nagy and Pederson are better coaches based off of a single successful season :lol:

Zero playoff wins for Josh and Saban in what, two seasons each? That's a tiny sample size. McDaniels, Romeo's and Saban's hands are covered in championship rings and youre making it seem like Nagy and Pederson are better coaches based off of a single successful season :lol:

without hoodie what do those people have in the NFL?

Pederson and Nagy aren't the only coaches who coached under Reid

But they are the 2 OCs before bieniemy and that has worked out for the eagles and bears

Meanwhile another offset of the Reid coaching tree succeeded in the job McDaniels turned down

Steelers probably reported that **** themselves.

cac.jpg

nope.. wonder how much longer thou.. think at least another 50 years
I think 50 is a good number.

Basketball will continue to grow.

Soccer may catch footing in the states.

And another sport may get very popular. Football is just too dangerous.

Soccer is definitely getting bigger at a youth level

Baseball is dying by generation.. but at least parents see it as safer than football

Don’t think track or swimming will get much bigger than they are

Back
Top Bottom