2019 All Star Black Infrared Air Jordan 6

Where do you prefer the lace lock?

• Total voters
Eh Jordan hype was crazy then so anything was selling lmao, these are also more $ but with nA on this iconic cw they will still sell, but nothing to panic about
No panic here, just wondering if it’ll be super easy, or moderately difficult. I’ll get a pair either way.

Shape and toe box wise.. these UA's look better.. pretend they don't all you want. Go debate your plug.

b9d1777f-03ef-4378-a97c-6561c535bb10-jpeg.2251117

I had them.... I'm 40, I had them 7th grade year. alot of people wanted the whole shoe to be nubuck, like the 5's were the year before. If it wasn't leather it was pleather. it surely wasn't what we are getting with this shoe.

I get that and it that’s fine, but in this thread it’s been confirmed that the OG heel wasn’t leather and definitely not pleather. Not trying to be argumentative. Just informing.

Looking forward to grabbing a pair.

Get out of here with your UA’s look better :rolleyes
Just your opinion.

Exactly.. thats why I said go debate your plug- not me... my opinion. If you want to pretend the boot isn't on the ONE pic we saw (which could be angle; waiting for better official pics) that's your opinion too. :rolleyes :smile:

I wonder if hear if this release will be just like the black cement 3. I know people say the 3 is iconic and this and that, but people always go in for an Infrared 6. At least in 2014 people did.
nah these are going to be super easy to get.

nike is dumb for retroing the same shoe after only 4 years.

only old and purist consumers care about little things like durabuck and nike air.

resellers are going to have a ton of limited stuff to buy that week too instead of this family release

these might hang around a bit

I'll say they'll either do that early special release a week or 2 before the actual drop. Going to turn on notifications for snkrs.

I don't recall the OGs, even though I owned them in '91. But....from the pics it certainly looks like a different layer, and not some indentation technique. Personally not important to me, but it really does look layered. If I can get these easily, I'll likely try. If they're much more comfortable than my '14s, I'll probably keep them and try to sell my '14s. I'm at that point in my stacks where I definitely don't need multiples of the same shoe, and my '14s are VNDS. I just hate selling on eBay...I hate taking pics, and more importantly, it takes freak'n forever, and how much could I actually get after these drop anyway...

On another note, I actually don't like lace locks; that's the first thing that comes off. I like the sleek look. And I actually do use the lace cover! I love the clean look of the laces tucked into the lace cover. Yes, it adds a bump, but the jumpman looks sleek, and the shoe looks clean without laces. And I would never tuck them behind the tongue; doesn't feel good to me. Does anyone else use the neoprene jumpman as a lace cover? I'm thinking it was never intended to be worn that way; that's what the lace lock is for....oh well....I do what I like ;-).
yeah its not layered

Shape and toe box wise.. these UA's look better.. pretend they don't all you want. Go debate your plug.

b9d1777f-03ef-4378-a97c-6561c535bb10-jpeg.2251117
before i even read your post I knew these were UAs by the non-slim midfoot section

the real pair looks perfect, these look like ****

the new shape is going to look like basketball shoes again and not hiking boots

I wonder how the remastered playoff 8 and Charcoal 9 will turn out. Both have elephant print like Durabuck. The 07 Playoff has it, but not the 2013.

I’m a little worried about those now

Not elephant. It was kind of a glue-like drizzle that faded away the more you wore/cleaned them. I don't think I wore my OG 8's long enough for it to come all the way off. I'll try to dig them out this weekend if I think about it.

Not elephant. It was kind of a glue-like drizzle that faded away the more you wore/cleaned them. I don't think I wore my OG 8's long enough for it to come all the way off. I'll try to dig them out this weekend if I think about it.
I don’t know about it coming off. I had the 2007 Playoff brand new and beat them up. Didn’t go away. Looked like the Durabuck had cracks etched in. Regardless, I want the next playoff 8 and Charcoal 9 to have it OG style, it was more subtle on the 2007 although I always noticed it

Last edited:
I don’t know about it coming off. I had the 2007 Playoff brand new and beat them up. Didn’t go away. Looked like the Durabuck had cracks etched in, not like something on top of it

Again, talking OG pairs. Nike used this on a few durabuck shoes of that era. Playoff 8's, Charcoal 9's, Solo Flights. It was some kind of coating, and it definitely wore off.

Again, talking OG pairs. Nike used this on a few durabuck shoes of that era. Playoff 8's, Charcoal 9's, Solo Flights. It was some kind of coating, and it definitely wore off.
Whatever it is, I hope to see it return. The 07 8s had something like that, so they should be able to do it again.

Also, the Playoff 8 Low has that effect on the entire upper. Pretty cool

Back
Top Bottom