2019 All Star Black Infrared Air Jordan 6

Where do you prefer the lace lock?

• Total voters
back in the day, my top 3 and actually first 3 was 6 (black/infrared), 7 (bordeaux), and 8 (aqua). my bday is february 9, which is always around all star weekend and i managed to get the new jays from my parents those years.
Been my top 3 for a min
85D1BA80-77FC-482E-B29A-944ECC6E863D.gif

Definitely the Jordan 1. They kill that shoe. The original color ways are good. But everything else is overkill. Just my opinion. The big Nike swoosh on the side is the reason they shove them down our throats. Best of both worlds.

Agreed as far as the most influential

11 aren’t in my top 5, maybe not even in the Top 10. Maybe it’s because I’m 25 idk.

11s, 3s, and 1s, get the loudest fanfare, but they are FAR from being the only Grails to people young and old.

That’s beside the point. In the greater context, it doesn’t matter how much you or any other individual likes the 6 compared to the 11 or whatever. The market has made it more than clear that 6s are not widespread-regarded as highly as several other models. I’m not debating with you or anyone else how much you like the 6s or what they mean to you. I get all that and respect it but it doesn’t make this shoe the majority of people’s top pick let alone grail.

Definitely the Jordan 1. They kill that shoe. The original color ways are good. But everything else is overkill. Just my opinion. The big Nike swoosh on the side is the reason they shove them down our throats. Best of both worlds.
It brings them money and hype. No way they’re going to stop. They’re overdoing the SBB color scheme, but retro+ 1s in the last decade have been amazing.

Sure, that works. I think the bottom 2 have always been overrated, the 1s became that way recently.

11s and 1s don’t crumble like 3, so that gives them an edge
No.

The XI is the best and most influential basketball shoe ever ... bar none. In terms of aesthetic and performance / materials / engineering.

It’s the first truly great post modern / contemporary performer in the entire Jordan line. Everything including the XI and thereafter are amazing performance basketball shoes.

1 - 6 and perticularly through the 5 are near square bricks with air cushioning.

Do you know how many hoop shoes and other signature basketball athletes have aped the look of that XI shoe?

You admitted you’re only 25. You don’t know **** about the context of the sport world and sneaker culture when these dropped. You were 1 to 2 years old when they made their shocking first appearance.

It brings them money and hype. No way they’re going to stop.

They're talking more about history: Jordan's shoe deal was one of the most unique ones at that time and he also got equity within the company. The famed "devil shoes" (NC State), David Letterman interview, Bone Brigade, and more. People (the main populace) didn't start wearing Jordan 1s until 2013.

No.

The XI is the best and most influential basketball shoe ever ... bar none. In terms of aesthetic and performance / materials / engineering.

It’s the first truly great post modern / contemporary performer in the entire Jordan line. Everything including the XI and thereafter are amazing performance basketball shoes.

1 - 6 and perticularly through the 5 are near square bricks with air cushioning.

Do you know how many hoop shoes and other signature basketball athletes have aped the look of that XI shoe?

It's up there but I believe that the Jordan 1 and 3 take the top two spots. The Mars Blackmon campaign (which started with the Jordan 3) propelled the brand into another level.

I did my senior paper in Sociological Theory (10 pages) on the brand. I made a 96 on it.

They're talking more about history: Jordan's shoe deal was one of the most unique ones at that time and he also got equity within the company. The famed "devil shoes" (NC State), David Letterman interview, Bone Brigade, and more. People (the main populace) didn't start wearing Jordan 1s until 2013.
I know that. He said they’re killing the 1; I’m saying that the money and hype it brings them probably won’t slow the 1s releases down. Since that 2013 hype boom, 1s have been selling better than ever, and their after market is high too.

I could care less if they release a lot of color ways of an iconic shoe, it means more for those who genuinely love the model.

No.

You admitted you’re only 25. You don’t know **** about the context of the sport world and sneaker culture when these dropped. You were 1 to 2 years old when they made their shocking first appearance.
Sure. All things considered, someone can still think they’ve become overrated. Especially since many more people today buy them for fashion and style instead of performance. I think people calling them overrated are talking more about that than how they revolutionized the Jordan line, performance, etc; they may not care about all that.

Last edited:
11 aren’t in my top 5, maybe not even in the Top 10. Maybe it’s because I’m 25 idk.

11s, 3s, and 1s, get the loudest fanfare, but they are FAR from being the only Grails to people young and old.

Trying to see what you being 25 has to do with anything. Especially when the shoes you say you love came before the XI.

I would love to see what the top selling Jordan of 2018 was. The 3s or the 1? 4s was the 2017 top seller, and 12s were the 2016 top seller.

The 4s should take the cake this year too.

I’m talking about retail sales, not resell/hype.

Last edited:
Trying to see what you being 25 has to do with anything. Especially when the shoes you say you love came before the XI.
I like the way the Infrared 6, Bordeaux 7, and Aqua 8slook more than the 11, and thats it. When I’ve typically seen folks explain why the 11 is their number 1, it’s typically due to historical significance and stuff like that. I said “idk” at the end my statement.

Last edited:
I like the way the Infrared 6, Bordeaux 7, and Aqua 8slook more than the 11, and thats it. When I’ve typically seen folks explain why the 11 is their number 1, it’s typically due to historical significance and stuff like that. I said “idk” at the end my statement.
For me the 11 are the goat because the way they pushed the envelope in ball shoes. Translucent outsole so you can see the tech....carbon fibre spring plate, full length air unit, patent leather for form and function, cordura mesh was and is super durable yet light weight. In regards to ball shoes at that time they were something else, no to mention their look was so unique and groundbreaking.

As someone in the 40+ club, and who has been buying them for nearly 30 years, I can say the 11 is the most iconic in terms of aesthetics by far. Patent leather on a sneaker? In 96’ this blew people’s minds. No one had ever seen a shoe quite like it, it was Tinker at his zenith. The patent, the mesh upper, and translucent soles just came together so perfectly to create the most iconic Jordan shoe ever, and while the 2-3 shoes that followed it became classics in their own right, the magic of the 11 was never quite captured again.

In terms of performance, the 11 was top notch in 1996, though the 13 and 14 would quickly surpass it in that department. But in terms of appearance, it is king in the Jordan line, and always will be.

I would love to see what the top selling Jordan of 2018 was. The 3s or the 1? 4s was the 2017 top seller, and 12s were the 2016 top seller.

The 4s should take the cake this year too.

Does it matter?

They make different amounts for each pair pretty much.

That’s beside the point. In the greater context, it doesn’t matter how much you or any other individual likes the 6 compared to the 11 or whatever. The market has made it more than clear that 6s are not widespread-regarded as highly as several other models. I’m not debating with you or anyone else how much you like the 6s or what they mean to you. I get all that and respect it but it doesn’t make this shoe the majority of people’s top pick let alone grail.

I disagree. After the 11, 3, and 1, the 6 is probably the next most popular model, especially in the colorway this thread is about. Infrareds will always be a highly coveted Jordan that usually sells out on day 1 or 2, and there are many people that consider it their fav shoe ever.

Concords, SJ, bred 11’s, BC 3 and 4, Metallic 5, Infrared 6, and black/red 1’s are usually the top contenders for being people’s favs.

Last edited:
Whenever I think of Air Jordan, its the Infrared 6s that I see on his feet. probably from memories of the 91 playoffs. But my favorite Jordan of all time is OG Steel 10s and Playoff 9s (now called Space Jam) are a close 2nd. If I had to pick a handful of Jordans I had to have, Concords probably wouldn't be on that list.

The 11’s are untouchable as far as aesthetics are concerned.

Most 1-14 line is special in its own way.. but 11’s are a different beast. As others have said, the combo of materials is too perfect and the way it looks on feet looks good no matter what environment you put it in. Casual to on court. All of it.

I disagree. After the 11, 3, and 1, the 6 is probably the next most popular model, especially in the colorway this thread is about. Infrareds will always be a highly coveted Jordan that usually sells out on day 1 or 2.
Facts about the Infrared 6. The only one that struggled to sell in this decade was the Varsity Red, and that was in 2010. Doubt the Varsity would sit now.

The 6 overall, I’m not so sure. Most retro+ 6s look bad. I’m not sure about sales tho. I’d have to check.

Last edited:
The 11’s are untouchable as far as aesthetics are concerned.

Most 1-14 line is special in its own way.. but 11’s are a different beast. As others have said, the combo of materials is too perfect and the way it looks on feet looks good no matter what environment you put it in. Casual to on court. All of it.

This. Although I don’t like the 2’s at all lol.

Again. Everyone has their own list of favorite J's. And no one can be wrong. No matter what the market says. As far as I am concerned, the market is just a hype barometer that a lot of young kids follow. Younger kids think it's a big deal, they go after it . Thats all it is. The Xi is relevant because guys like us made it that way. No different than with the 1 or the 3. At the end of the day, buy what you like. No ****s given to what others think. Why would you? Everyone has their own favorite j. That's what makes conversation fun.

No.

Stop

I hate how people throw out age, when you aren't giving anything but your opinion. I'm old so my opinion matters more then your opinion.

You could easily say the I or III are more influential than the XI.

Stop giving your opinion as some of fact.

Back
Top Bottom