2019 All Star Black Infrared Air Jordan 6

Where do you prefer the lace lock?

• Total voters
I was hoping someone could refresh my memory on the 2009 release timeline- I remember that’s when JB first retroed the infrared (“fire engine red”) 6s since 2000 because those I still have...but what is the “pack” everyone is talking about? Was there a two-sneaker pack that came out in 2009 as well that included infrared 6s? I am pretty good at remembering the Jordan releases, especially infrared 6s, but I don’t remember a pack dropping the same year in 2009- if so, what was the other sneaker that came in the pack? Thanks in advance for the memory refresher. I remember the 2009 single sneaker drop- and 2014 (got those too) but what is the “pack” everyone keeps referring to?

I was hoping someone could refresh my memory on the 2009 release timeline- I remember that’s when JB first retroed the infrared (“fire engine red”) 6s since 2000 because those I still have...but what is the “pack” everyone is talking about? Was there a two-sneaker pack that came out in 2009 as well that included infrared 6s? I am pretty good at remembering the Jordan releases, especially infrared 6s, but I don’t remember a pack dropping the same year in 2009- if so, what was the other sneaker that came in the pack? Thanks in advance for the memory refresher. I remember the 2009 single sneaker drop- and 2014 (got those too) but what is the “pack” everyone keeps referring to?

It was 2010. Black/Varsity Reds dropped Jan 2010 White/Varsity Reds dropped May- Jun 2010 and the Infrared pack came out either the same day or the next week after that. I remember it was really close cause I bought the white varsity red 6’s the day they released from Athletes Foot and the Employee was telling me I may as well get the pack. Than we started chopping it up about Jordan’s and how we thought packs were dead and how fusions ruined everything before Space Jams reinvigorated hype lol

559BDD7B-B823-4052-979C-8C27791C329E.jpeg
Thanks for the memory refresher- 2009/2010 kind of blends together in terms of releases. So they dropped the infrareds twice in the same year? One pair solo, and the other in a pack? Wow, didn’t even remember the pack. So two pairs of 6s came in the pack (Infrareds and the all white 6s with red a/k/a these)? Can’t believe they dropped the infrareds twice. And even more in disbelief I don’t remember the pack.

Those “Fire engine red” 6s you speak of are actually the 2010 varsity red 6s which had absolutely nothing to do with infrared. Actual infrareds are what came in the pack that you’re talking about.

559BDD7B-B823-4052-979C-8C27791C329E.jpeg
Thanks for the memory refresher- 2009/2010 kind of blends together in terms of releases. So they dropped the infrareds twice in the same year? One pair solo, and the other in a pack? Wow, didn’t even remember the pack. So two pairs of 6s came in the pack (Infrareds and the all white 6s with red a/k/a these)? Can’t believe they dropped the infrareds twice. And even more in disbelief I don’t remember the pack.

No. you got it all wrong lol

Thanks for the memory refresher- 2009/2010 kind of blends together in terms of releases. So they dropped the infrareds twice in the same year? One pair solo, and the other in a pack? Wow, didn’t even remember the pack. So two pairs of 6s came in the pack ? (Infrareds and the all white 6s with red?)

Yeah. The Black 6’s and the White 6’s released seperate but instead of using Infrared, they used regular red and then both released together in a pack with both having the “right” color, infrared on them. The packaging for the pack was kind of cool. It came in that weird foil. Dark times however.

JB a great job on the 2019's. The quality is nowhere as stiff as the 2014's and close to the 2000. I sold both of my 2014's (one of them in November of last year and the other a week ago). I still have the 2010 varsity reds and the infrared pack. I also sold one of my infrared packs three years ago. Only comparison pics with the 2000 since they resemble the 2000's (other than the 3M). With all that said, I plan on picking up a couple more pairs on release day.
20190207_202359.jpg

20190207_202453.jpg

20190207_202703.jpg

20190207_202609.jpg

The difference of infrared...
20190207_193945.jpg

Those “Fire engine red” 6s you speak of are actually the 2010 varsity red 6s which had absolutely nothing to do with infrared. Actual infrareds are what came in the pack that you’re talking about.

Oh ok, gotcha. I assumed the varsity reds were supposed to be the Infrareds. So the only true “infrareds” that year came in the pack. I got it now. I always thought the “fire engine reds” (varsity reds) that came single for $150 or $160 (I believe) were supposed to be “infrareds” but just an adjusted color red. So the only true “infrareds” of 2010 were in the 2-pack- got it now. Thanks man. I can’t believe I’ve been misinformed for 10 years lol. And I even grew up wearing Js during the early 2000s. Learn something new everyday!

Last edited:
Yeah. The Black 6’s and the White 6’s released seperate but instead of using Infrared, they used regular red and then both released together in a pack with both having the “right” color, infrared on them. The packaging for the pack was kind of cool. It came in that weird foil. Dark times however.
Thanks y’all for clarifying for me. All these years I thought the 2010 single release varsity reds were considered an “infrared” retro. smh

Last edited:
I just saw these things in person today, and my buddy brought him out the back room of Champs. They are sexy and mean as **** at the same time. Must cop. Color and material is on PUNTO

Oh ok, gotcha. I assumed the varsity reds were supposed to be the Infrareds. So the only true “infrareds” that year came in the pack. I got it now. I always thought the “fire engine reds” (varsity reds) that came single for $150 or $160 (I believe) were supposed to be “infrareds” but just an adjusted color red. So the only true “infrareds” of 2009 were in the 2-pack- got it now. Thanks man. I can’t believe I’ve been misinformed for 10 years lol. And I even grew up wearing Js during the early 2000s. Learn something new everyday!

Yep. Now you know lol. Also one last detail. All of them came out in the year 2010. Varsities and Infrareds.

I can't get enough. Wore them again today (So to recap: Saturday night, SuperBowl Sunday, Monday, and again today).

Already have a small scratch on one toebox, and some creasing. I'm going to need a second pair, STAT!

Yep. Now you know lol. Also one last detail. All of them came out in the year 2010. Varsities and Infrareds.

2010- that’s what I meant. Thanks NT. Y’all always come through with the knowledge clarification. Repped everyone for their help.

I can't get enough. Wore them again today (So to recap: Saturday night, SuperBowl Sunday, Monday, and again today).

Already have a small scratch on one toebox, and some creasing. I'm going to need a second pair, STAT!

Man chill I ain't even got one yet :lol:

Now that I got the 2010 releases squared away- am I in the minority for thinking that the 2010 black varsity red (single pair release) were pretty hot? I just looked at mine- and I wore them A LOT- and they still look great and feel they look even better with age. The bottoms are nice and yellow, the “suede” is really worn in & soft, and my feet slide into them like slippers. I now know they’re not “OG infrared”, but they were a great sneaker. I’ll post pics of them soon.

Now that I got the 2010 releases squared away- am I in the minority for thinking that the 2010 black varsity red (single pair release) were pretty hot?

On here, and with the OG heads, you're in the minority.

In the general public of the shoe game, you're in the majority.

I will say that I disagree.. as I've said in this thread multiple times, I doubled up on those. Quality on the nubuck was okay, but comfort and sole as mediocre. The red was dull IMO, I much prefer Infrared.

I don't regret getting rid of mine one bit.. both pairs.

On here, and with the OG heads, you're in the minority.

In the general public of the shoe game, you're in the majority.

I will say that I disagree.. as I've said in this thread multiple times, I doubled up on those. Quality on the nubuck was okay, but comfort and sole as mediocre. The red was dull IMO, I much prefer Infrared.

I don't regret getting rid of mine one bit.. both pairs.

Oh wow, so you didn’t like the 2010 (‘single release’) varsity red/black? I respect that. I always liked the 2010 varsity reds; thought they molded to my foot pretty nicely. To each his own though, brother. I like hearing the different opinions on them. I do agree with you on liking the “infrared” color of 2014 and 2019 better than the 2010. Just thought the 2010s were pretty dam comfy once worn in. Cheers, man. Repped.

Last edited:
Oh wow, so you didn’t like the 2010 (‘single release’) varsity red/black? I respect that. I always liked the 2010 varsity reds; thought they molded to my foot pretty nicely. To each his own though, brother. I like hearing the different opinions on them. I do agree with you on liking the “infrared” color of 2014 and 2019 better than the 2010. Just thought the 2010s were pretty dam comfy once worn in. Cheers, man. Repped.

I don’t mind my varsity either.. which is why I’ve held onto em over the years. They are what they are.. technically a retro+ since they used varsity red. But, they don’t feel too bad for a 6.. and the toebox is more flush to the sole like earlier versions.

I’m definitely looking forward to a more true to OG retro of infrareds. Hopefully white infrared & Carmine will follow..

I don’t mind my varsity either.. which is why I’ve held onto em over the years. They are what they are.. technically a retro+ since they used varsity red. But, they don’t feel too bad for a 6.. and the toebox is more flush to the sole like earlier versions.

I’m definitely looking forward to a more true to OG retro of infrareds. Hopefully white infrared & Carmine will follow..

A true OG Carmine with Nike Air would be fire. I’m sure it’ll come.

Back
Top Bottom