2019 All Star Black Infrared Air Jordan 6

Where do you prefer the lace lock?

• Total voters
shoes he wore didnt have 3m.

I don’t believe that is true but if you’ve seen it documented somewhere that’s interesting. First time I’ve seen that suggested but I don’t pay loads of attention to the 6s.

No I dont know this factually. Its pretty much a theory of mine that I have tried to bring up in the past with other models like the 5 and the 13. I dont think any of MJs game worn pairs had 3m on them. I would think with all the flash photography around Jordan in those days the 3m would have popped out in at least one photo during a game. I have even went as far as searching ebay in the past looking at private photos from people close to the court. Not one photo ever have I seen of Jordan wearing a 3m shoe where the 3m material pops out. So thats where I get my thoughts from I guess.

No I dont know this factually. Its pretty much a theory of mine that I have tried to bring up in the past with other models like the 5 and the 13. I dont think any of MJs game worn pairs had 3m on them. I would think with all the flash photography around Jordan in those days the 3m would have popped out in at least one photo during a game. I have even went as far as searching ebay in the past looking at private photos from people close to the court. Not one photo ever have I seen of Jordan wearing a 3m shoe where the 3m material pops out. So thats where I get my thoughts from I guess.
I don’t think they even used flash photography on court. That’s probably why. I’m not sure

I believe I’ve seen a pic or two where you could see the 3M. In one of the old books of MJ photos by famous photographer Walter Iioss. But I don’t have those books anymore and could be imagining I remember that. Seems weird to think they wouldn’t have had it though. Like, why.

I believe I’ve seen a pic or two where you could see the 3M. In one of the old books of MJ photos by famous photographer Walter Iioss. But I don’t have those books anymore and could be imagining I remember that. Seems weird to think they wouldn’t have had it though. Like, why.
I have RARE AIR by Walter Loose. He photographed MJ through out is career. He did use flash and would be court side on the floor for several games. Now with that, Rare Air was photographed during the 92-93 season. None of his shoes had 3m of course. He also photographed the free throw line 88 dunk as well.

IMG_20180714_195816.jpg

I think you’re right about these, from the contrast heel, to the correct infrared, to the 3m, and the ankle bumps, and the high tongue, I’m not sure Jordan will get everything right. JB butchers the 3,4, and 6 way more than the 7 or 8, 10,11, and 12.

The non 3M MJ specials are a very old argument...We’ve been around and around on several times on NT since I’ve been kicking around...

Never gotten any solid info one way or the other but I’ve yet to see a picture of MJ wearing the 6’s on the court with visible 3M flashes...

I have RARE AIR by Walter Loose. He photographed MJ through out is career. He did use flash and would be court side on the floor for several games. Now with that, Rare Air was photographed during the 92-93 season. None of his shoes had 3m of course. He also photographed the free throw line 88 dunk as well.

Roger. Couldn’t exactly recall. I still think they had it. My OG pair, you only noticed the 3M at certain specific angles and pretty close up. But it is strange now that you point it out. Who knows.

The non 3M MJ specials are a very old argument...We’ve been around and around on several times on NT since I’ve been kicking around...

Never gotten any solid info one way or the other but I’ve yet to see a picture of MJ wearing the 6’s on the court with visible 3M flashes...

I’ll bow out on this one. I’m not a close follower of 6s and that being the case, I dont really care. But it is interesting. Like why wouldn’t his pairs have had it? Did the photogs back then ask him/Nike to ditch it? Did Nike ditch it because the reflection was obscuring the shoes in photos? Lol I’m just making stuff up now.

Roger. Couldn’t exactly recall. I still think they had it. My OG pair, you only noticed the 3M at certain specific angles and pretty close up. But it is strange now that you point it out. Who knows.
You may be right. But if you youtube an MJ game from the 91 playoffs, notice all the flashing going from pics being taken. Its really crazy. You would think that would bother the players idk. Anyway, I still have never seen any proof making me believe otherwise.

I didnt know that. Been around lurking since 06-07. Every time Id bring it up. No one really wanted to talk to much about it. Just assumed everyone knew/thought the same I did.

I’ll bow out on this one. I’m not a close follower of 6s and that being the case, I dont really care. But it is interesting. Like why wouldn’t his pairs have had it? Did the photogs back then ask him/Nike to ditch it? Did Nike ditch it because the reflection was obscuring the shoes in photos? Lol I’m just making stuff up now.

Yeah that’s been discussed on here so many times I couldn’t even begin to count how many at this point...You’d think if the NBA said he couldn’t have the 3M hits for whatever reason there’d at least be a little info somewhere but nothing...

That being said where’s the 3M shots...As many pics are out there of MJ wearing these common sense would imply that there would be at least one shot with the reflection...

I’ve just never seen enough info one way or the other to form a solid opinion on what he actually wore...

Not really. I have always wondered myself. Even looked up NBA uniform rules regarding 3m... Nothing. So I really dont know why. If thats the case.

I didnt know that. Been around lurking since 06-07. Every time Id bring it up. No one really wanted to talk to much about it. Just assumed everyone knew/thought the same I did.

Yeah this goes back to the NikePark day’s actually...Some people say he had 3M while other say he didn’t...Never been pinned down one way or the other as far as I can tell...

We pretty much chased down the whole banned Jordan 1 marketing scheme on here fairly recently so who knows...Maybe one day somebody will find a memo from the NBA to Nike saying to leave the 3M off...

I will say this: In those photos of game used shoes, there is clearly SOME sort of silverish backing panel visible in SOME of the holes. This is how I remember my OGs. The 3M was far from obvious and overwhleming and it wasn’t even consistently flush or even present against the outer leather, so even if I tried to get it to reflect it only was visible in some of the holes. It was a real subdued effect. I forgot it was even there most of the time.

I will say this: In those photos of game used shoes, there is clearly SOME sort of silverish backing panel visible in SOME of the holes. This is how I remember my OGs. The 3M was far from obvious and overwhleming and it wasn’t even consistently flush or even present against the outer leather, so even if I tried to get it to reflect it only was visible in some of the holes. It was a real subdued effect. I forgot it was even there most of the time.
You got a good point there. But what explains the black metallics and white fire red 5, and the black red 13 in 98. No photos of him wearing them show flash of 3m.

3m is only visible in certain angles

and the shoe has such minimal amounts of it it’s not gonna show from a super well lit court even from all the cameras taking pics

and you don’t need flash to see 3m or take a pic to see it

3m is very visible from the right angle under the right light

Back
Top Bottom