2019 All Star Black Infrared Air Jordan 6

Where do you prefer the lace lock?

• Total voters
IRL though Id most likely handle it just like Patrice Oneal would

patrice-oneal.jpg

PatriceOneal.png

32nlm1es4fugpyu0fzn33b2qi1r.jpg

That’s basically why they keep changing the mold. The changes are to minimize the amount of extra materials used to make per pair. By stretching the amount of materials allocated, they’re able to make more pairs this increasing their profit margin. Also they don’t want to make a perfect replica because they want to keep people coming back and buying the same shoes over and over again. I’m done chasing perfection, i just want sneakers that resemble those that i grew up loving.
Yup agreed. Capitalism is a dirty game. The goal of a corporation is to increase profits yearly not cater to its customers sadly. As the time passes they get worse and worse in shape smh & quality

Nike was rumored to have patterns destroyed after production yes so that the factories that had them could not reproduce items outside of Nike contracts once production stopped.
So they wouldn't have had the COMMON SENSE to hold on to some "patterns" at HQ? :rolleyes

So they wouldn't have had the COMMON SENSE to hold on to some "patterns" at HQ? :rolleyes
Maybe,, they just didn't think at the time 85-93. That the retro situation was something they could do or would do. Not defending, but at that time no one was looking for a past model J to be remade or the possibility of it. Well, I was. lol.

What your seeing in these pics are wooden jigs that the design team uses to make the patterns once a jig is made to specifications the pattern is developed and issued to the factory that is contracted to actually produce the shoes.
ffs

all they have to do is sacrifice a pair and pour hot water into it. Lay out the upper and trace. It cant be that difficult. Unless its the outsole/midsole foundation throwing things off...

Theyre think theyre cutting corners by perpetually kicking the foundation problem down the road but in reality theyre making more work for themselves, probably spending more than they would otherwise to employ these clowns to redesign it. Its all so stupid. Its not so clear cut for the stockholders. If I were one Id be ecstatic if they decided to revamp and reinvest in the product for the better. More power to them and thank you for looking toward the future instead of the current obvious money grab that systemically cannot sustain itself (due to the consumer not being stupid anymore as previously mentioned)

The internet let the cat out and its not getting put back into the bag anytime soon. The further we go the more educated the consumer becomes. Because the education is a couple of seconds away and we all need to take dumps eventually. People are naturally more curious about the things they purchase now. Its not just us. More and more people are going to be wondering why it cant be how it used to be. Its a inevitable thought process. As soon as anyone who buys the current iteration sees the original product out of curiosity the thought WILL cross their minds. And then they will feel cheated. Like we all do.

Why wouldnt Jordan want his shoes to command respect? Again, it doesnt make any sense. If I was worth 2 billion, mostly due to the shoes in question, I wouldnt think twice about tossing a million of it at better production out of my own pocket. But that may be just me because I can clearly see the easy potential returns on that mil.

A mil for a round of golf though? no prob cuz

stupid and short sighted

Last edited:
That’s basically why they keep changing the mold. The changes are to minimize the amount of extra materials used to make per pair. By stretching the amount of materials allocated, they’re able to make more pairs this increasing their profit margin. Also they don’t want to make a perfect replica because they want to keep people coming back and buying the same shoes over and over again. I’m done chasing perfection, i just want sneakers that resemble those that i grew up loving.
Literally all of this

then why do they keep adding more material than they should?

hqdefault.jpg

thats enough ep at the toe for two pairs. Explain that to me.

And I cant say this enough, they dont need to change things to keep us coming back. Adidas doesnt do that bs and neither does converse. Its completely unnecessary

I’ll buy these no matter what. I like the old details, but this is my top 3 shoe OAT. Might actually double up

I don’t see how making the shape trash and making more money per pair even come together. Cheaper materials yes but the form of the shoe? That’s just pure laziness and disrespect to their loyal fan base.

:rofl:Especially with Gentry back. No telling what type of **** he will pull with some of these colorways. Hopefully they make this one right, but I doubt it.
Yup. If there’s anything you like go ahead and buy them now because anything that releases will be 9/10 trash. Jumpman, 23’s, and odd things out where they shouldn’t be

You would also think JB is full of sneakerheads that have a vested interest in the product - that is what is telling. Sure, this is corporate America and who knows what happens in that room. But I can almost guarantee you everyone with their hands in that creative process to finished mold was raised on Jordans and is interested in them. That's partially why they went after the job - they are SHOE people. This is all they do. They go on boards like this, they read, they know.

We can continue to sit here and say "they don't care, they're still printing money anyway," and that is obviously true. But that is executive board member mentality. You telling me the people in the actual creative process with these retro releases really aren't getting the details right because it's cost-cutting? That making toe boxes the new millennial banana shape and not OG is for profits? Or if not then, that the people in the room just don't care? Of worse, everyone DOES care, but they are just completely idiotic and can't get it correct? I really dunno.

You would also think JB is full of sneakerheads that have a vested interest in the product - that is what is telling. Sure, this is corporate America and who knows what happens in that room. But I can almost guarantee you everyone with their hands in that creative process to finished mold was raised on Jordans and is interested in them. That's partially why they went after the job - they are SHOE people. This is all they do. They go on boards like this, they read, they know.

We can continue to sit here and say "they don't care, they're still printing money anyway," and that is obviously true. But that is executive board member mentality. You telling me the people in the actual creative process with these retro releases really aren't getting the details right because it's cost-cutting? That making toe boxes the new millennial banana shape and not OG is for profits? Or if not then, that the people in the room just don't care? Of worse, everyone DOES care, but they are just completely idiotic and can't get it correct? I really dunno.
More often then not, this isn’t the case. Hollywood has the same problem. You’d think they were superhero comic fans, horror fans, etc. Yet the studios only approve remakes and sequels. Why?

Money Money Money Money Money.

Jordan Brand makes a boat load off of off retros. Disney makes billions off of super hero movies.

10 crack commandments, never get high on your own supply. I'd be shocked if there were many people working there that were into J's like that..

This took me down. IDK how they LITERALLY had them side by side and said "We did it. Green light!"

I don't believe for a second that when Nike shows us images like that, that those images are a genuine capture of reality. Meaning, don't be so naive as to think those photos used for marketing purposes in stories on the SNKRS app or wherever were actually candid photos taken during real design/production meetings. I can almost guarantee you they were not. I work in print/digital media and I see images like this on a daily basis. They are called "press photos." They were staged for storytelling purposes. This is made obvious by your very observation: if they actually were putting them side by side with the OGs, they'd all be having company-mandated vision exams on the spot. There's no way you're actually "copying" the OGs and ending up with the mutated versions of retros that we see released again and again.

Back
Top Bottom