2019 All Star Black Infrared Air Jordan 6

Where do you prefer the lace lock?

• Total voters
"Different enough"/"Noticeably different" or not is obviously subjective, so that debate had nowhere to go.

I remember laughing back then at the Black Infrareds in the pack still being nubuck and only looking slightly brighter though. That marker takes me back too, I remember cats grabbing the Varsity Reds for like $80-90 and hitting them with that to pass on the pack since it didn't feel like a big upgrade.

These recent VIs have me optimistic about the shape on these 2019s. Hopefully they do the White/Infrared pair justice sooner than later as well.

For me it comes down to this, and after this I’ll leave it be.

Varsity Red is a very mild red.

Infrared should be a very bright red, very easily identifiable when put next to a mild red.

It’s not. Even in those pics. It’s not what it should be.

That’s my point. The difference is small, which tells me that it isn’t actual Infrared.

Never said it was the best version of infrared used because it obviously wasn’t but at that time it was an acceptable infrared and different enough in comparison to the varsity red to be considered an actual infrared IMO. But yeah agree to disagree.

I think the 1991, 2000 are true Infrared. It it doesn’t look different in different light, it’s just a regular red. My 2000 looked bright red sometimes, and orange indoors. I’ve seen 91 pics look bright red, kinda pink, or kinda orangish. The 2014 even looks more orange than pink in certain indoor light settings. The Infrared pack has to be Fire Red or something.

Some recent pics of my 91s.
F13F337C-AE21-46E5-80C3-7B3E803590D8.jpeg
E4C2783B-87A6-49EB-A51B-AB55A3AC3180.jpeg

Got my varsity reds at the outlet and wore them into the ground. I don't know about all the trail stuff but I got a lot of wear out of that pair. They scuffed badly and the paint used to smear off on the inner part of the shoe. Had to repaint them once and used the angelus varsity red to do it. I enjoyed wearing them as much as people like to talk down on em as my expectations for retros is much lower than the purist on board.

Last edited:
If it’s anything like the DMP’s, the heel is smooth synthetic and the rest of the shoe is more “porous” / rough / textured.
Yes the 2000 heel Durabuck was definitely matted down. It smooth in comparison to the rest durabuck. The dmp was made just like the 2000. The 1991 was a little different though.

I hope the 2019 pair is mixed better like the 91. The 91 looked either bright red, orange, or pinkish red depending on the lighting. The 2014 wouldve been perfect if it was a deeper color. It was so bright, it only looked hot pink, or peach/orange.

Last edited:
For me it comes down to this, and after this I’ll leave it be.
Varsity Red is a very mild red.
Infrared should be a very bright red, very easily identifiable when put next to a mild red.
It’s not. Even in those pics. It’s not what it should be.
That’s my point. The difference is small, which tells me that it isn’t actual Infrared.

Agreed...I had the 91's...was my very first pair of J's in 6th grade. Missed the 2000's and copped the 2010 because I LOVE 6's (especially the color that started it for me). I overlooked the wrong red color because they were what they were. I was salty when I HEARD the "infared" pack was coming out, but when I SAW it and the price tag...just like you I thought to myself that it wasn't enough of a change to justify copping the pack, let alone be worthy of the "infared" name. Plus I thought a true pack could have had Nike Air as well. I thought the pack was a waste of time lol. I have the 2014 and while it can be uncomfortable at times I like the OVERALL look much better than the 2010's. You can nitpick things here and there but overall I like it better. I'm actually still on the fence about the 2019 pair. I can run my current pair into the ground plus waiting for official pics.

Some recent pics of my 91s.
F13F337C-AE21-46E5-80C3-7B3E803590D8.jpeg
E4C2783B-87A6-49EB-A51B-AB55A3AC3180.jpeg
So much fire, and takes me back to elementary school. Your pair is super clean and looks like no signs of crumbling.

Just got rid of my last pink pair. Need tree pears stat niner!

Back
Top Bottom