2019 All Star Black Infrared Air Jordan 6

Where do you prefer the lace lock?

• Total voters
I passed on them solely because they were varsity red. Hated them. Then rejoiced once I found out that JB was just trolling and would release the actual infrareds. Wasn’t necessarily estatic about it being in a pack but was happy nonetheless. I think a lot of us were. Purist were never having no parts of the varsity reds. Copped the infrared pack and the rest was history.

I copped the infrared pack too but in comparison to the Varsity’s I had, the red wasn’t actual infrared. I remember OG heads complaining. The box and presentation was on point though.

You guys are right on the Varsity Red, now it’s held up as this grail and the pinnacle of 6s. My bro had his and said they were uncomfortable and scuffed terribly. The nubuck was bad too. The hype it gets over even the 1991 and 2000 is annoying; i can understand liking it over the 2014 pair, but not the others.

I’m not one to throw the “overrated” word around, but those are overrated by folks still high off the 2011-2013 Kanye wave and ptsd over the 2014 pinkish Infrared

Last edited:
It’s also due to you tubers spreading misinformation. I’ve heard “OG Varsity Red” and stuff like that from Unbreakable and others that have big followings.

Someone tried to argue with me saying that Varsity was the OG color, they just called it Infrared.

Man and I remember people on here hated the Varsity Reds. People were using a garden craft marker from Michael’s to change the color to infrared.

68005E82-82A3-4096-BBEB-3C30FFA3A6D9.png

Man and I remember people on here hated the Varsity Reds. People were using a garden craft marker from Michael’s to change the color to infrared.

68005E82-82A3-4096-BBEB-3C30FFA3A6D9.png
:lol: I remember this. I will be honest. I thought about it. A local craft store had it to. Then the pack came. And a shade of red became godly.

The thing that sucked about a lot of recent 6’s was that damn wooden toe box

Looks like they’ve fixed that though in pairs I’ve seen recently (tinker)

I still have that marker around here somewhere :rofl:. I knew nothing about painting at the time, just following the thread. I still have the 2010 pair, yeah, they scuff badly, but I never thought they were better than previous versions. It was my first crack at blk/red VI's so for $86 I said why not?

I copped the infrared pack too but in comparison to the Varsity’s I had, the red wasn’t actual infrared. I remember OG heads complaining. The box and presentation was on point though.

It was actual infrared and it was noticeably different from the varsity red which by the way also had a disgusting red visible air sole unit.

It was barely different lmao

It was different enough for me.

“Noticeably different”?

Here’s a pic of my Infrared Pack 6 next to my Varsity.

As I said, it was barely different.

“Actual infrared” was much closer to the 2014 color.. I watched enough comparisons. Much closer. Not to be confused with DEEP infrared on the 2000’s.

9F1F5AAF-CF5A-4B37-A26F-65FF7D3F6A5F.jpeg

Either it was noticeable or it wasn’t. You gotta pick one. Like I said it was noticeable enough to me and plenty of others on this site and it was in fact infrared. And thanks for that crystal clear non filtered to death circa 2010 picstich 1.0 photo you posted for a fair comparison. That really helps.

What?

I’m saying it wasn’t a very noticeable difference, and I’ll go even further and say that if they were on feet you’d be hard pressed to tell the difference without peeping the air bubble color.

Yeah it was taken on my old iPhone, is that really all you got?

Filter or not it’s not like it’s black and white, you can clearly see it isn’t very different. Lmao should I have taken it on a DSLR? Would you admit it then?

Be mad all you want b I remember clearly holding them side by side all the time thinking how close they were.

You guys are right on the Varsity Red, now it’s held up as this grail and the pinnacle of 6s. My bro had his and said they were uncomfortable and scuffed terribly. The nubuck was bad too. The hype it gets over even the 1991 and 2000 is annoying; i can understand liking it over the 2014 pair, but not the others.

I’m not one to throw the “overrated” word around, but those are overrated by folks still high off the 2011-2013 Kanye wave and ptsd over the 2014 pinkish Infrared

I remember copping the Varsity Reds b/c I didn't believe the infrared pack was really going to drop. Like a consolation prize. And then it did, and I was just out of college and had no money to pick up the pack, plus it seemed like it was going to be really hard to get.

The 2014 pair was okay enough. The Infrared 23 was at least better than the Infrared pack color. The 3M was a nice touch. Everything else on the shoe was garbage though. Terrible materials, terrible feel, etc...

Can't wait for this 2019 pair. Never had the '00s or the '91s, so hopefully these are at least close to 2000. If we get a contrast heel counter that's at least on par with the 2000, this may end up being the best retro Infrared 6 yet.

Even under ideal lighting with great camera equipment, you can see it’s only slightly different.

Now compare the 2014 Infrared color (which IMO was more accurate) and you’ll see that the 2010 pack wasn’t actual infrared.

If there's a shade of red I'm forgetting, someone tell me, definitely not Fire red...

For me it comes down to this, and after this I’ll leave it be.

Varsity Red is a very mild red.

Infrared should be a very bright red, very easily identifiable when put next to a mild red.

It’s not. Even in those pics. It’s not what it should be.

That’s my point. The difference is small, which tells me that it isn’t actual Infrared.

Back
Top Bottom