2019 All Star Black Infrared Air Jordan 6

Where do you prefer the lace lock?

• Total voters
BA464DEA-7431-4AF4-A7FE-5176397D0DBE.jpeg
C075B07B-7677-4922-876C-85E75C5BCDE6.jpeg

91 is darker, 2014 is brighter and a little bit more pink.
420CF3E2-09AC-4E03-A37A-6A8A96A4F4A7.jpeg

I love the 2014s because of that OG Pinkish Hue and the 3M. I just wish they has NIKE AIR

For sure.

Same here. I’m taking 2014’s over 2010’s.

But that’s because I like a bright infrared that pops. They could have done it a little darker and still had it pop.. and given us Nike Air with some actual cushioning and soft materials tho. Sheesh.

Any pics of these 2 next to the 2010?

I remember people saying that years of oxidization could have affected the shade on the OG’s too. That It could have been As bright as the 14’s in 91 :nerd:

420CF3E2-09AC-4E03-A37A-6A8A96A4F4A7.jpeg

Pretty close if you ask me.

JB still playing around, they should've put NIKE AIR just like they did with the Maroons.

They are testing the waters.

I am convinced that they are holding off on releasing all the OG Nike Air Models, until consumers completely lost interest and they hit tough times.

Imagine Military Blues, Fire Red 4s, Grape 5s, Fire Red 5s, Carmine 6s,

Not related but it sort of baffles my mind that JB chose the Cool Grey 11 to be the one they don’t drop on a rotation.

I feel like the Concords are a much more important pair in the JB history books.

Here’s my opinion on it-

To a lot of people.. the contrast heel panels don’t look good.

To a lot of people.. the bright shade of infrared on the 2014’s don’t look good. “Pink”. A lot of people (even in this thread) prefer the 2010 shade to the 2014 shade.

BUT y’all gotta remember.. there are a LOT of people who keep OG’s in their minds as grails they’ll never get ahold of. We dreamt of the OG pairs and analyzed each part and wanted each part accurately represented in a retro we could all cop. Thus far, this hasn’t happened.

There’s a big new crowd (not saying you’re a part of it) that thinks that OG’s and a lot of their features were bunk.. but love the “OG” concords with a 45. Hell, JB even marketed it as “OG”. OG concords had a more “purple” sole, not blue.. the patent leather was thicker, they had a 23 and the 23 wasn’t a sticker prone to cracking. The ankle portion with the 23 was even a super soft stretchy material.

But when it comes to a 100% OG accurate retro down to exactly how they released in their first run, as close as they possibly can.. JB won’t do it. Because most of these features are seen as irrelevant.. like the heel panel to you. Or the high OG tongue. Or the use of actual durabuck.

Say it’s ugly, say it doesn’t make sense anymore. But don’t act like you don’t know there’s a group of people out there waiting on the day they do a 99% exact replica of the OG line.

No idea why you qouted me to say that. I’m 30-plus years into this hobby and nothing but OG. I didn’t buy those metallic 5 retros of ‘16 for exactly that reason.

No idea why you qouted me to say that. I’m 30-plus years into this hobby and nothing but OG. I didn’t buy those metallic 5 retros of ‘16 for exactly that reason.

I quoted you to say that because you said the heel panel portion doesn’t look good?

And I was explaining that despite you thinking that, it’s an OG feature and there’s plenty of people who want a true OG retro.

No idea why you quoted me to tell me your age as if it has anything to do with you wanting OG features or not.

There’s a big new crowd (not saying you’re a part of it) that thinks that OG’s and a lot of their features were bunk.. but love the “OG” concords with a 45. Hell, JB even marketed it as “OG”.

OG in the sense that it was a PE that MJ wore in the playoffs when he came back. So in a sense, yea they are.

Here’s my opinion on it-

To a lot of people.. the contrast heel panels don’t look good.

To a lot of people.. the bright shade of infrared on the 2014’s don’t look good. “Pink”. A lot of people (even in this thread) prefer the 2010 shade to the 2014 shade.

BUT y’all gotta remember.. there are a LOT of people who keep OG’s in their minds as grails they’ll never get ahold of. We dreamt of the OG pairs and analyzed each part and wanted each part accurately represented in a retro we could all cop. Thus far, this hasn’t happened.

There’s a big new crowd (not saying you’re a part of it) that thinks that OG’s and a lot of their features were bunk.. but love the “OG” concords with a 45. Hell, JB even marketed it as “OG”. OG concords had a more “purple” sole, not blue.. the patent leather was thicker, they had a 23 and the 23 wasn’t a sticker prone to cracking. The ankle portion with the 23 was even a super soft stretchy material.

But when it comes to a 100% OG accurate retro down to exactly how they released in their first run, as close as they possibly can.. JB won’t do it. Because most of these features are seen as irrelevant.. like the heel panel to you. Or the high OG tongue. Or the use of actual durabuck.

Say it’s ugly, say it doesn’t make sense anymore. But don’t act like you don’t know there’s a group of people out there waiting on the day they do a 99% exact replica of the OG line.
Some of that talk is conjecture and internet talk. The 2014 sold out immediately. Regardless of what people say now, they liked the 2014 in 2014, more than folks liked the 2010 pairs which sat(the pack was limited, so it sold).

Also, the contrast heel hasn’t been sold to anyone since the dmp and 2000 pair, so new people never had a chance to pass or cop a contrast heel. We don’t know how it would sell now. Most people 30 and under only had the 2010 and 2014 pairs available at retail. The 2010 nubuck was not liked when it dropped(infamous for its ashy look), and everyone knows the 2014 nubuck is like metal.

The point is, people buy what’s given to them. The 2019 pair will be gone quick just like the 2014.

Last edited:
Yeah that’s the justification but to me OG means how they originally released to the public.

Which is your opinion. Not fact. To many, OG could be how they debuted. Which is how they did.

Last edited:
Some of that talk is conjecture and internet talk. The 2014 sold out immediately. Regardless of what people say now, they liked the 2014 in 2014, more than folks liked the 2010 pairs which sat(the pack was limited, so it sold).

Also, the contrast heel hasn’t been sold to anyone since the dmp and 2000 pair, so new people never had a chance to pass or cop a contrast heel. We don’t know how it would sell now. Most people 30 and under only had the 2010 and 2014 pairs available at retail. The 2010 nubuck was not liked when it dropped(infamous for its ashy look), and everyone knows the 2014 nubuck is like metal.

The point is, people buy what’s given to them. The 2019 pair will be gone quick just like the 2014.
I agree with you, and to a certain extent I don't think anyone will be pleased with whatever "features" are OG accurate or otherwise. I had the OG pair back in the 91. Missed the 2000 pair because I wasn't heavy into collecting till a touch after that. I was lucky enough to grab a DMP (which I later sold because it wasn't my size), I grabbed 2 pairs of the 2010, I did not like the materials that much, nor the red that was used. But I bought them because it was the first Jordan I ever had and the basic idea of the shoe meant more to me than missing it. I had passed on the 2014 for no reason other than I didn't want to hassle with jumping through hoops to get them. As we know the climate for J's in 2014 was a bit different than now. I did grab the 2014 earlier this year from GOAT and while they can be uncomfortable as hell...the overall look is closer to what I *think* a proper retro should look like. Nothing will beat the actual 91 OG, and I'm ok with that.

For sure.

Same here. I’m taking 2014’s over 2010’s.

But that’s because I like a bright infrared that pops. They could have done it a little darker and still had it pop.. and given us Nike Air with some actual cushioning and soft materials tho. Sheesh.
I dont care for the 2010s either. It was the material i really didnt like though

If they don’t ever correct the ankle piece mold on these, then there’s no sense in moaning about the difference in material compared to the OG.

I quoted you to say that because you said the heel panel portion doesn’t look good?

And I was explaining that despite you thinking that, it’s an OG feature and there’s plenty of people who want a true OG retro.

No idea why you quoted me to tell me your age as if it has anything to do with you wanting OG features or not.

You need to read fam, you're basically arguing the same point he is, in the end what any real fan wants from a retro is details/features most accurate to the OG.

He mentioned he's OG only, and rightfully so cuz by way of appearance and comfort they are superior to ANY retro (that and you challenged him on his post).

he mentioned that just adding go materials to a shoe with non og features, like the puffy ankle portions/tongue, we want the proper shape AND materials featured on a retro, not these half hearted remastered retros, they aint cutting it. They can make accurate looking retros, they just don't have to cuz some people will buy them regardless cuz it's what they like and it qualifies as good. To me what qualifies as good is og, og or nothing.

they've strayed too far away from og's in terms of style and comfort and are still succeeding, so I don't we'll ever get what I want.
they're trying to get back on their jobs w/ the remastered thing, but with all the collabs/retro+ it's obviously not their main focus

The shape/mold of the shoe is just as important as the hue of paint chosen for the midsole or quality/type of materials used, but sadly this opinion is in the minority... In the end all of those factors are what make or break a shoe for me.

if those 5's had the proper ankle mold, a slimmed down tongue, and the contrast materials, they would be perfection to me. Even with that stupid blue tinted sole haha.

If these are to be trusted, Infrared looks great.

Heel panel *looks* to be textured differently? :nerd:

Edit: I think these are old pics LOL must be UA

Back
Top Bottom