2019 All Star Black Infrared Air Jordan 6

Where do you prefer the lace lock?

• Total voters
I was surprised to see MJ wearing the OG Carmine VI. For that time frame 1991-1992, that sneaker was very loud. And MJ is a model of sophistication, so even at 35 years of age, it amazes that he didn’t ask for a more toned down colorway.

Huh, wasn’t he like 28 at the time?

As far as style wise a lot of Jordan’s just don’t fit well with the majority of my wardrobe now. For example 9’s, 12’s, and 13’s are just too bulky with the chinos and jeans I wear. I’m a slimmer guy so I just don’t like the skinny pants then big shoe at the bottom it irks me. 1’s, 3’s, 4’s, 5’s, 6’s, 7’s look fine however even though some are border line with the boot shaped toebox. 8’s and 11’s get passes too for nostalgia reasons.

I can get off a fit in any model except for the 15.

Them joints are the absolute worst.

I wore mines to the gym by default. :lol:. But this was the retros from 2008. Perhaps now I would just say “screw it!” And wear them with some 541’s and a graphic t-shirt. You still got the Levi’s discount?

The Carmine VI CDP anticipation/hype was something serious. Obviously since it hadn’t been on shelves since 91-92. That CDP was tough to get for me unlike the 11/12 & 7/16 pack.

But hey we almost in to February, Praying everyone eats. Hoping the numbers are generous.

Last edited:
Every time Jordan came down from dunking in that highlight Jordan 6 video he started hobbling back on defense lol. Im starting to think 6s were hard on feet from the get go.

According to MJO23DAN the OGs had cardboard too, or what Nike called texon ecosole 80. Not sure why Nike decided to use this in the originals, and why they continue to use it.

7s mustve felt lightyears ahead in comfort for MJ. I'd have zero issues in comfort if i played in my bordeauxs.

I've been meaning to say this for awhile now, but having had 3 pairs of OG 6's when they first came out, they were not ever super comfy like the 4's and 5's. I think they were trying to cut weight or something, but they never had the same springy cushion as the ones before.

Every time Jordan came down from dunking in that highlight Jordan 6 video he started hobbling back on defense lol. Im starting to think 6s were hard on feet from the get go.

No. I thought it was in the philly and la series. Really dont know when the toe injury happened. Just remember them cutting the toe box to release pressure on it during the finals. 6s are really average in comfort overall any way at best.

He was dealing with tendonitis in his knee during the Philly series, and he jammed his toe at the of Game 3 of the Finals when he hit the shot to send it into overtime.

C'mon y'all use common sense. Do you really believe that Mike was playing in the hard *** midsoles they use now??? Many of you are old enough to remember when even the early retros were MAD cushioned. Stop the madness.

Its kind of cool that Tinker elected to release basically the same design between the 7 and 6 but chose to make the emphasis of the new air jordan basically just a futuristic feeling/performance version of the prior one.

Like, the Air Jordan 6 was B.C.
and the Air Jordan 7 was A.D.

The 7 release was boring at the time from an outside perspective but when you put them on you probably understood what the big deal/change was.

Yeah they are. But dont mean they are better. The 7 was looked at as a take down from the 6. But with better comfort and durability. Nostagia and hype says 6s are greater than 7s. Your feet will tell you different.

Don't recall anyone ever thinking the 7 was a "takedown" of the 6. I remember the opposite. It was a turbo charged version.

Do people not notice/know that Tinker did trilogies? 3-5, reset. 6-8, reset. 9-11, was where that ended. They were all natural progressions that kept some of the elements of the previous model.

He was dealing with tendonitis in his knee during the Philly series, and he jammed his toe at the of Game 3 of the Finals when he hit the shot to send it into overtime.

C'mon y'all use common sense. Do you really believe that Mike was playing in the hard *** midsoles they use now??? Many of you are old enough to remember when even the early retros were MAD cushioned. Stop the madness.
I never had a fresh original. I had a hand me down black infra back in 93 or so. They felt ok in terms of comfort but comparing to the Aquas I was wearing at the time, they were def more comfortable than the 6s. I never thought MJ would wear a hard midsole shoe, I just think the standard of comfort was a little lower back then compared to today.

Hows the fit on these sorry if its been mentioned already. Never owned a pair of 6s before
From my own experience with a few pairs are they fit a little big and wide. If you have narrow feet like myself. Stiff midsoles and uppers but once they are broken in, they feel great.

Hows the fit on these sorry if its been mentioned already. Never owned a pair of 6s before
Hopefully they fit like my gym beaters tts

1548611033788559696380.jpg

Don't recall anyone ever thinking the 7 was a "takedown" of the 6. I remember the opposite. It was a turbo charged version.

Do people not notice/know that Tinker did trilogies? 3-5, reset. 6-8, reset. 9-11, was where that ended. They were all natural progressions that kept some of the elements of the previous model.
Totally agree.

Back
Top Bottom