2019 All Star Black Infrared Air Jordan 6

Where do you prefer the lace lock?

• Total voters
Anyone else Nike's SNKRS Pair Glow in the Dark after a while? or just mine?

glow infrared.jpg
dont know why people arent talking about this

FNL doesnt exist to me. Last thing I bought from them were 2014 Concord Lows.

I copped fab 5 huaraches from finishline for 39 bucks ended getting 2 pair. Joints are the quality of a Payless shoe

Sigh... Agreed. I was so disappointed.

So I should be happy that I just sold one of my two pairs for a whole $90, then :rofl:
Totally agree with you guys. Bought two pairs of the OG/Fab Five colorway, and two pairs of the Kobe PE-inspired pair. Flight Huaraches one of my all-time favorite shoes, so I was also disappointed Nike decided to downgrade them so much. Especially when I still have a pair of the 2003 retro and those were massively more true to the OG. Still hoping that one day, sooner than later, they retro them the right way. Probably a pipe dream, though, since they didn't appear to do well the previous times.

The lace locks on the bottom lace of the 6's was born out of a couple of coincidences. The lace locks on the 5's had the clear plastic casing around them, so there was really only one way to attach them to the shoes. It also made them easier to lose/get stolen. When the 6's came around, Nike ditched the extra casing, and in order to make them tougher to lose/get stolen, stuck them on the bottom lace AND laced them through. Out of either laziness or stupidity, a lot of people didn't take the toggles off that bottom lace for their intended purpose (to keep your laces tight prior to knotting them), and just went with them that way. At some point, it kinda turned onto something similar to people wearing their shoes with the hang tags still attached. I guess Mike decided to adopt that style late in the cycle of the 6, but notice it was ONLY on the Carmines for some reason, AND he's wearing two toggles. One on the bottom lace for the style, and one up top to keep his laces tight like they're supposed to be worn.

My early drop pair are basically flawless, but I'm kind of wanting to see how release day goes by trying to cop. But that may be kind of pointless: takes away from someone else, I don't need/want two pairs, unlikely that a trade for the black/red 4s would be feasible, and there's no resale value unless I hold onto them for 2-3 years. But copping on RD is always good practice...heh ;-).

The red on the pic above looks so light compared to other pics where they look much darker (as mine do in person). Amazing how the color changes so much in different lighting conditions.

Back
Top Bottom