2019 All Star Black Infrared Air Jordan 6

Where do you prefer the lace lock?

• Total voters
Still I am amazed how the varsity red is now so coveted. When the Black Varsity dropped, so many were mad as hell in here wanting the true infrared shade. We now have it. And people want the V red. And is now more appreciated than ever. No hate, just amazing how that has changed over time.
I had 2 pairs of the reds. Mostly because I was able to grab early from PYS.com, and the 6's were my first pair of J's in 91. Didn't have 2000 and no idea the pack or anything else would release properly. They served their purpose but in NO WAY do the represent what the OG 91 embodied. I firmly believe anyone who REALLY likes the VR's are just too young to know any better, and that's ok. More 2019's to go around for the OG heads here. You obviously will only understand the nostalgia if you lived it, or you're someone like Aquamanjay_ Aquamanjay_ and really love the history.

I think I'm the only one who tucks the laces inside the neoprene jumpman cover. The laces in my '14s are so long, this keeps the shoe clean looking. Lace lock stays in the box. I've seen pics where MJ tied them on top of the lace lock. But he wasn't wearing them casually. I may experiment with tying my '19s a diff way.
I lace mine through the lace lock and tuck them in the lace cover. I just slide them on and off no tying after I do it the first time. Looks clean to me.
IMG_0153.JPG

If full durabuck, NA on the heel, NA on the OG polyurethane insole and better shape alone isn’t enough to justify copping these, then I don’t know what is. These are definitely better than the ‘14 and I was a pretty big proponent for the ‘14 but this is a no brainer. IMO this is the wrong shoe to pass on if you’re truly a fan of this model.

Preach bro....well said

I had 2 pairs of the reds. Mostly because I was able to grab early from PYS.com, and the 6's were my first pair of J's in 91. Didn't have 2000 and no idea the pack or anything else would release properly. They served their purpose but in NO WAY do the represent what the OG 91 embodied. I firmly believe anyone who REALLY likes the VR's are just too young to know any better, and that's ok. More 2019's to go around for the OG heads here. You obviously will only understand the nostalgia if you lived it, or you're someone like Aquamanjay_ Aquamanjay_ and really love the history.

I lace mine through the lace lock and tuck them in the lace cover. I just slide them on and off no tying after I do it the first time. Looks clean to me.
IMG_0153.JPG
Each Jordan sig has its own thing. With the black 6s, the infrared color sets itself apart from all other black red Js. I have the V reds also and I think they are a very nice shoe. But the true shade is what I have been chasing for years. To hear some guys on youtube say they want it more red surprised me. I guess what I have come to realize from it is not all just want "original". A retro version of an original appeals to mostly the younger crowd.
I love the era I grew up in. And when I first opened the 2014 release, I could not help but feel like that kid that wanted them so bad. It was a 90s style neon bright red. This new release looks to match the 91 release almost perfectly. So I hope to get the same feeling next weekend.

Some things came up and it’s looking like I won’t be copping more than one pair next weekend. It kinda sucks but whatever. Will have to cop my second pair after RD so I guess I’ll be on standby for restocks in the coming weeks. Hope resell isn’t too bad either. Bummed, but priorities are priorities. The double will happen in the end though.

Last edited:
Each Jordan sig has its own thing. With the black 6s, the infrared color sets itself apart from all other black red Js. I have the V reds also and I think they are a very nice shoe. But the true shade is what I have been chasing for years. To hear some guys on youtube say they want it more red surprised me. I guess what I have come to realize from it is not all just want "original". A retro version of an original appeals to mostly the younger crowd.
I love the era I grew up in. And when I first opened the 2014 release, I could not help but feel like that kid that wanted them so bad. It was a 90s style neon bright red. This new release looks to match the 91 release almost perfectly. So I hope to get the same feeling next weekend.
I agree 100%. Even though now looking at so many pics of the 2019 pair, the 2014 in my closet looks hella bright, it still like it. And at the time it did FEEL more like the OG pair (without splitting hairs on the shade and putting it under a microscope. I understand everyone's points in here, but I don't need to take it there). And you're right for all us OG guys (I'm 40 now) the 6 was almost a changing of the guard with a new type of "tech" in the shoes and obviously the first chip. Bring on the 14th and I'm hoping these are an easy cop like the Concord were...copped on SNKRS while driving to work.

Half glass full, fortunate to have a pair.
Look how many will strike out on the 16th.They may not say.

Reactions: ARK
If I’m not sure I want a shoe or not I just pass. I only cop shoes I know i want right from the first time I find out they’re dropping.

That’s mostly where I am at as well these days. Which is good, because I still end up buying too many. Ultimately that’s why I’m passing on these. As rad as they are, they’re just not one of my favorite Js. After seeing two pairs in person, I realized these needed to be as good as the concords for me to buy. They’re dang good but the lack of a true OG-style heel finish (contrast—beaten to death, I know) means they don’t get over the hump for me. It’s a sweet shoe though, I hope everyone scores easily.

Seeing 14 compared to 19 in detail, the 14s look like a half *** job. No regrets on getting rid of them. They did the job for the time though.

What Jordan’s y’all wearing this weekend when y’all pull up?

It’s the mans birthday this weekend so show some respect. :lol:

Aqua VIII’s (All-Star Weekend) or the Blk/Red XIV’s (last championship) for I.

I’m not gonna repeat what has already been driven in to the groundX. This 2019 rendition looks really solid. Hope everyone eats. I just want my 3 pairs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom