Should @Hahahaha be allowed byke?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
steelers

giphy.gif

aint no team giving up a 1st and 3rd for dude

Steelers ain’t gone match anyway

What happens if the Match and the other team withdraws their offer?

Not how it works, I think

Only thing that can get pulled right now is tags prior to signing, thus making the player a FA

AND, if a player is a FA and an offer is on the table and an offer is made prior to the signing of said offer

Not how it works, I think

Only thing that can get pulled right now is tags prior to signing, thus making the player a FA

AND, if a player is a FA and an offer is on the table and an offer is made prior to the signing of said offer
So if Leveon gets 30 mil plus guaranteed next seaso and the Steelers match, wouldn’t the other team have to give him a better deal to beat the matched offer from the Steelers?

So if Leveon gets 30 mil plus guaranteed next seaso and the Steelers match, wouldn’t the other team have to give him a better deal to beat the matched offer from the Steelers?

i know how it works in the NBA with RFAs, where the matching team (the team that controls the rights of the player) retains the player

not exactly sure how it works in the NFL.. although i think it would just be a forfeiture thing like when you're hit with tags, so for example if a team was inclined to go after a player that was franchised tagged that team would just give the player's original team 2 1sts (which was the situation with wes welker.. pats also did it with a RB too, but they had a lesser tag on them)

From the tweet above, if the steelers match then they have to give up a first and a third which effectively makes him a goner.

From the tweet above, if the steelers match then they have to give up a first and a third which effectively makes him a goner.
Teams aren’t gonna give up a first and third for him so Steelers gonna be stuck with him if they match, which they most likely won’t do.

Not really. If he gets the long term deal and saves his body he will win. We will be an unrestricted free agent next season. With less mileage from this season. He wins.

Thats a BIG IF.... From this season, teams aren't lining up to sign guys who haven't played in almost a full season, a la Dez, who aren't really concerned about football...or a team aspect

Who's to say Bell isn't washed, last I saw him, he was on a jet ski looking plump like Eddy Lacy...
Son had like 2% body fat last season, so it would be preety hard for him to get fat. Pictures can be deceptive. I look fatter in pictures than I am in real life. Leveon is an elite athlete who wants a big bag, I doubt he let himself go enough to be washed.

He's losing a prime year, but "saving" his body 1 season of punishment. I don't think not playing for 1 full season means that he gets an extra season on the back end of his prime. The bodies clock doesn't stop whether your playing ball or not. There's no reset/pause button for that.

If he's in shape, he should report and ball out if the Steelers allow him to play and he can maximize this situation. Sitting out the entire year is risky in its own right.

Speaking of Leveon. I was getting my cut this past weekend, and my barber cleans up L Bell , shapes up his hair and then takes care of his boys while in Miami.

Leveon got upset that my barber wouldn't leave the shop at 3pm on Halloween weekend to come to his crib and cut him and his 7 boys hairs.
My barber like look, I can't cancel on all my regulars, especially when you don't even pay me the same day. :lol:

Leveon pays the braider via Venmo, he doesn't carry cash on em, then the braider waits for it to clear a couple days later and then deposits it and pays the barber.

Barber like man you got me ****** up :lol::lol:

He's losing a prime year, but "saving" his body 1 season of punishment. I don't think not playing for 1 full season means that he gets an extra season on the back end of his prime. The bodies clock doesn't stop whether your playing ball or not. There's no reset/pause button for that.

If he's in shape, he should report and ball out if the Steelers allow him to play and he can maximize this situation. Sitting out the entire year is risky in its own right.
Marshawn retired for a season and came back somewhat fresh until injuries hit him. Sitting out a year without taking hits can’t be bad for the body.

came back somewhat fresh until injuries hit him.

Exactly my point. The older you get, the more likely you are to get injured. And when you get hurt, the harder it becomes to recover.

Sitting out 1 year does no harm to the body, you are right. But he still loses a prime season and still gets older whether he plays or not.

Edit: It's not exactly my point, but part of the point.

This.

Other teams aren't the ones giving up the picks, the Steelers would be giving up the 1st and 3rd, so I doubt they'd even tag him with that. Either way, it looks like he's gone.

I looked it up, and I think she was wrong on the tweet.

"A "non-exclusive" franchise player must be offered a one-year contract for an amount no less than the average of the top five cap hits at the player's position for the previous five years applied to the current salary cap, or 120 percent of the player's previous year's salary, whichever is greater. A non-exclusive franchise player may negotiate with other NFL teams, but if the player signs an offer sheet from another team, the original team has a right to match the terms of that offer, or if it does not match the offer and thus loses the player, is entitled to receive two first-round draft picks as compensation."

Either way I dont think they are giving him 120% of his $15M hit this year.

Speaking of Leveon. I was getting my cut this past weekend, and my barber cleans up L Bell , shapes up his hair and then takes care of his boys while in Miami.

Leveon got upset that my barber wouldn't leave the shop at 3pm on Halloween weekend to come to his crib and cut him and his 7 boys hairs.
My barber like look, I can't cancel on all my regulars, especially when you don't even pay me the same day. :lol:

Leveon pays the braider via Venmo, he doesn't carry cash on em, then the braider waits for it to clear a couple days later and then deposits it and pays the barber.

Barber like man you got me ****ed up :lol::lol:

This is so random. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom