2019 NFL Discussion Thread: StaXX talking to himself

Should @Hahahaha be allowed byke?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Gruden hate is too strong. I think he's a great coach. It's his personnel decisions that cause the issue for me. His football mind is just fine and his gameplan last night was evidence of that I thought.

I mean we had to wait and see on his as a coach since did been removed from the spot for 10 years..

But even then he got some questionable stuff plus the personnel stuff

The Gruden hate is too strong. I think he's a great coach. It's his personnel decisions that cause the issue for me. His football mind is just fine and his gameplan last night was evidence of that I thought.
Gruden had the perfect plan last night. Then LA adjusted and we had no answer. Gruden and co. Dropped the ball last night in the second half. They ran the same plays all night. We never adjusted after LA did at half. It's a chess game and Gruden was at the checkers table after half

Agreed.. but ain't like we've seen great QB play out of other guys to really drop him down

I think of it more like a holding pattern. Like his name hovers in the top 10 and as soon as he meets the criteria he drops into his rightful slot.

It's like in baseball when a player jumps in a quarter into the season who tears it up out of the gates and has a really high batting average, but doesn't show up in the in the ranking for batting average because he hasn't gotten enough at-bats yet to qualify. Once he reaches that, he magically appears where he belongs because he proved himself over a specific sample size. With quaterbacks, it should always be longer than just 1 season of great play.

Gruden had the perfect plan last night. Then LA adjusted and we had no answer. Gruden and co. Dropped the ball last night in the second half. They ran the same plays all night. We never adjusted after LA did at half. It's a chess game and Gruden was at the checkers table after half

All of this.

LOTS of execution mishaps though. And penalties kept them behind the 8-ball a good portion of the game too.

I said something similar last night.

Gruden did his thing. Carr just ended up being bad that night.

The defense played surprisingly well.

Dak was top 10 in 2016. Boy ain't been right since lol.

And he wasn't just top 10, but was flawless for most of that time. When you're in it (like it is now for Wentz), you almost think there's no way you see the regression to the levels that we do, but it happens and it happens consistently. It's happening with Darnold.

They both project very well, but you just don't know.

Dak was top 10 in 2016. Boy ain't been right since lol.

Nah he wasn't.. game was super duper simple, Andy dalton countless others could have done what he did

I would even say tannehill.. that line, that season was arguably the greatest of all time and zeke was/is a talented back

He was always a watered down Russ, but Russ never had a line although he had beast mode

And he wasn't just top 10, but was flawless for most of that time. When you're in it (like it is now for Wentz), you almost think there's no way you see the regression to the levels that we do, but it happens and it happens consistently. It's happening with Darnold.

They both project very well, but you just don't know.

Yup. He's shown he's more than capable of leading a team and winning games.
As our OL has regressed, so has Dak. Teams get film on guys and pick up tendencies to look for, injuries, etc.
I'm not going to jump ship after one game, but some of his misses were REALLY bad.
I'm placing more blame on Linehan and Garrett than I am Dak.. for now.
This season will tell me if I can believe in him moving forward.

Nah he wasn't.. game was super duper simple, Andy dalton countless others could have done what he did

I would even say tannehill.. that line, that season was arguably the greatest of all time and zeke was/is a talented back

He was always a watered down Russ, but Russ never had a line although he had beast mode

No matter how you look at it, he was top 10. Simple game plan or not, he went out and executed flawlessly.
Talent wise, hell no, but any rookie leading a team to a 13-3 record, while only throwing 4 interceptions is top 10. Hell, any NFL player doing what he did is top 10.

Last edited:

Talent wise nah. But he was the model of efficiency. For that season he was top 10 for sure.

After that tho
200.gif

Talent wise nah. But he was the model of efficiency. For that season he was top 10 for sure.

Because of what he was asked to do.. case keenum did more last year than dak did his rookie season

Teams had to count for 1) attacking that line 2) the running ability of zeke 3) account for dak as a runner and thennnnnnnnnnnnnn 4) dak dumping it off

There is a reason Beasley and witten were the 2 best receiver options

No matter how you look at it, he was top 10. Simple game plan or not, he went out and executed flawlessly.
Talent wise, hell no, but any rookie leading a team to a 13-3 record, while only throwing 4 interceptions is top 10. Hell, any NFL player that doing what he did is top 10.

Time to play name that QB

QB 1

3,877 passing yards, 71.6% completion %, 20 TDs, 5 ints

QB 2

3,667 passing yards, 67.8% completion %, 23 TDs, 4 ints.

One is Sam Bradford and the other is dak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom