2019 NFL Discussion Thread: StaXX talking to himself

Should @Hahahaha be allowed byke?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys ever think about creating a sports blog with each of us reporting/talking about each of our respective teams?

Sure we don’t have insider info - but the motto would be Real Football Talk from Real Football Fans. Copyrighting my **** right now. Brb.

Russ and Dak are nothing alike.

That's who he should aiming to be.. Russ is a smart runner and essentially makes the defense pick there poison, you always have to account for him as a runner

Cam should be studying dude too

But either dak is limited by the offense or dude is too rigid out there.. I feel like his rookie year he played exactly like how Tyrod plays, except he had a way better team surrounding him

We already do all that :lol:
Right. But the premise would be a location for other fans to engage with us. We not pulling them to a NT thread that’s hard to follow for outsiders. Hell I come in here after work and I miss out on hella good stuff.

Idk what it would look like, but just an idea so we can all make some side money together :lol:

C27C3ABC-4697-440F-AD19-9A728CAB44C4.jpeg

@macbk

That's who he should aiming to be.. Russ is a smart runner and essentially makes the defense pick there poison, you always have to account for him as a runner

Cam should be studying dude too

But either dak is limited by the offense or dude is too rigid out there.. I feel like his rookie year he played exactly like how Tyrod plays, except he had a way better team surrounding him

I dont disagree here at all. Dak did exactly what was asked of him which was not turn the ball over and not take a lot of risks and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that, but I'm not putting the dude in the top 10 for being a game manager.

If Bradford went 13-3 that year, guaranteed he would have been top 10.

Better put alex smith in the top 10 then too since they went 12-4 in 2016. Both asked to do the same thing and put of similar stats.

Man I graduated so I could stop writing papers

Podcast or some BS talking head spot > actually writing shhh

Man I get wayyyy better info on the eagles to the local guys who cover the team they'll go and break down the whole game.. but I think only the Atlantic guys are getting serious enough money

There is no way guy that claim they're doing that level of work on a national level have the time.. that's why it doesn't surprise me when I hear them get shhh wrong, I just only really notice it on my team or if actually happened to watch the game they're talking about

Really just think Dak isn't that talented as a QB, not enough to be a top 10 guy. 2016 was a storm of perfect circumstances for him and the Cowboys as a whole but since then he's played to his scouting report coming out of college. Has bad mechanics under pressure and as a result loses accuracy. Definitely don't think hes a bad player but hes not the type of QB who is going to carry a team and cover flaws like the best QBs in the league can do. This season will be make or break for him but as a Cowboys fan I'd be weary of my team handing him a large contract.

Cowboys still gonna give him $30m per year. They are pot committed. He’s saying all the right things this off season. Jerry loves him at this point. And you know when he loves something, he’s a ride or die *****

I dont disagree here at all. Dak did exactly what was asked of him which was not turn the ball over and not take a lot of risks and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that, but I'm not putting the dude in the top 10 for being a game manager.

Exactly.. I vividly remember the middle of the season game they played vs us.. we were pretty ok vs the run with our front 4, so dude was forced to pass with guys out in coverage we legit had 3 INTs hit guys in their hands and they just dropped em

And every single cb we had on the team that year is out of the league except for our 7th round rookie from that draft

Carr was top 10 in 2016. Dak was top 10 in 2016.

Hell, let me put it in the atmosphere. Blake "Steeler Slayer" Bortles was top 10 in 2016.

Better put alex smith in the top 10 then too since they went 12-4 in 2016. Both asked to do the same thing and put of similar stats.

Is that really that crazy though? Alex Smith led the Chiefs to the AFC West title that year. I'd rank him anywhere from 10-15 in 2016.
Dak put up 23 TDs with 4 interceptions, while Alex Smith had 15 TDs with 8 interceptions, but both lead their team to winning their division.
That's all you can ask of your QB. Think about the atrocious QB play that we see weekly. Guys turning the ball over 3 or 4 times a game.
IDC about stats. The goal is to win. I want efficiency. Dak as a rookie was most def top 10 in 2016.

Them garbage time fantasy states got homeboy out chere with his shirt off..

Carr I could see.. hell I might be willing to take Kirk AND case over certain guys depending on the situation

Need to see more goff before I throw him in that boat too, but he showed some good things last night

Never watched him..watched Mitch tho

Ah okay.

Well they posted similar #’s damn near identical in college. With Mitch playing less games.

Wentz - 392 - 612 / 5,115 yards 45 TD 15 picks
Trubisky - 386 - 592 / 4,762 yards 41 TD 10 picks

I’m not sold on him yet because there is still much more i need to see from him. First half he looked great. Think he was 18/21 or some ****, and got the ball out quick and made some
Impressive throws. That second half he made **** harder for himself than it needed to be, credit to him for admitting he had Happy feet, but he created havoc in the pocket himself by looking to run instead of stepping up and making plays.

He’s got the arm, he’s got athleticism and a nice set of wheels, seems like a smart kid but he needs to start stringing some performances together. I’m holding judgement on him until the end of this season. He’s a work in progress.

One thing i been upset with through his 13 career games is his accuracy. That was the one thing they said he was good at and he’s been wildly inaccurate, could be his happy feet but ****. That toss to a rob in the end zone needed to be made. That’s what separated Goff from year 1 in year 2. Making those big time throws.

Last edited:
Cowboys still gonna give him $30m per year. They are pot committed. He’s saying all the right things this off season. Jerry loves him at this point. And you know when he loves something, he’s a ride or die *****
Hell nah.

Slide him that Blake Bortles type extension and call it a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom