2019 NFL Discussion Thread: StaXX talking to himself

Should @Hahahaha be allowed byke?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think this is a bad move?

Oakland is several games under .500 the last handful of years, even with that 12-4 season where Mack won DPOY. They peaked as a team that year and still got knocked out in the Wild Card. They havent won the AFC West in over 15 seasons. The current roster and philosophy towards roster building clearly aint working, so changes are being made.

It's actually in Oakland's best interest to lose as many games as possible. Gruden is getting rid of his good players in favor of losses, cap space, and draft picks.

Bro, he was the team captain.....and even if you are trying to lose, you will still need productive players for next year. No free agents are going to that franchise with what's going on right now and you cant rebuild an entire team with just draft picks.

Do you think this is a bad move?

Oakland is several games under .500 the last handful of years, even with that 12-4 season where Mack won DPOY. They peaked as a team that year and still got knocked out in the Wild Card. They havent won the AFC West in over 15 seasons. The current roster and philosophy towards roster building clearly aint working, so changes are being made.

It's actually in Oakland's best interest to lose as many games as possible. Gruden is getting rid of his good players in favor of losses, cap space, and draft picks.

I think they could have gotten something..

I think a move like that can create bigger problems with the people still in the lockerroom, unnecessarily

I get making moves for future interest or if the player is creating an issue in the lockerroom or doing stuff that reflects poorly on the team or something

Bro, he was the team captain.....and even if you are trying to lose, you will still need productive players for next year. No free agents are going to that franchise with what's going on right now and you cant rebuild an entire team with just draft picks.

You're right, no free agents will sign with whats going on RIGHT NOW. But that isn't a priority for Gruden right now. He doesnt care about free agents. He doesnt care about alienating the current roster because they're not any good and none of them will be there in a couple of years anyway.

IMO he's making all of the right moves. The alternative was to pass up on multiple first round picks for players who were just going to **** up the draft positioning anyway

I think they could have gotten something..

I think a move like that can create bigger problems with the people still in the lockerroom, unnecessarily

I get making moves for future interest or if the player is creating an issue in the lockerroom or doing stuff that reflects poorly on the team or something

Im sure he tried to get something for him. Considering he's highly paid, every team knows he's going to clear waivers, so why offer something for him when you can outright sign him at a lower cost? Gruden has already acquired three first round picks via trade so the idea that he cut Irvin without shopping him doesnt make a lot of sense to me.

Whenever a pathetic franchise does the same dumb **** over and over we all say 'this is how bad teams stay bad'. Now one of them is making drastic changes in an effort to acquire long term success and it's 'dysfunctional'.

You're right, no free agents will sign with whats going on RIGHT NOW. But that isn't a priority for Gruden right now. He doesnt care about free agents. He doesnt care about alienating the current roster because they're not any good and none of them will be there in a couple of years anyway.

IMO he's making all of the right moves. The alternative was to pass up on multiple first round picks for players who were just going to **** up the draft positioning anyway

The only problem with draft picks is it is a complete crapshoot. Look at what Gruden did this year. Miller has been awful at LT, PJ hall has 10 tackles and 0 sacks this year, they traded their third for martavis, Brandon parker has been awful on the other side of the line, they drafted a terrible punter in the 5th and a bunch of high risk players with off the field issues or heart problems with their remaining picks.

Draft picks are great, but you have to be able to hit on them to matter. Gruden hasnt shown much of an ability to do that.

Sure, they will have some sure fire picks like Bosa, but after that it's going to get murky and they will likely just end up in the same or worse position as before.

The only problem with draft picks is it is a complete crapshoot. Look at what Gruden did this year. Miller has been awful at LT, PJ hall has 10 tackles and 0 sacks this year, they traded their third for martavis, Brandon parker has been awful on the other side of the line, they drafted a terrible punter in the 5th and a bunch of high risk players with off the field issues or heart problems with their remaining picks.

Draft picks are great, but you have to be able to hit on them to matter. Gruden hasnt shown much of an ability to do that.

Sure, they will have some sure fire picks like Bosa, but after that it's going to get murky and they will likely just end up in the same or worse position as before.

I agree that the draft is a crap shoot but at least theres a CHANCE you hit big on a pick who will be under a team friendly contract for years to come. With the current roster and system, the Raiders have absolutely no chance. If they kept Mack, Cooper, and Irvin, maybe they win a few games and as a result miss out on a sure thing like Bosa. As a reward for missing out on Bosa, they would have the pleasure of signing an aging Mack to the richest contract in team history on their way to another 6-10 season. I don't think that's what Gruden is trying to accomplish.

I understand Leveon fighting the power but you just lost over 7 m's dawg

damn.png

Its game day beby..turnin up to da max..WHO DAT back in da dome..we all gon see who the NFC big dawg is today ya herdme

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom