2019 NFL Draft Thread

I think a new thread is best just so it's ''official". I or whoever wants to make the thread can drop a link in the NFL off season thread and we can sort of recruit others to fill slots for their respective teams. Plus we can keep this thread clutter free cause yall know how this thread gets once draft day hits...it basically becomes the NFL thread for a week

Should put on some weight and play LB.

Eh...He's of the "football player" ilk where I wouldn't get too concerned with numbers. I'd take him as Harry's replacement, but he should still go higher than the Vikings' 2nd round pick and they have waaaay more needs. Maybe trade back in, but Rapp should be a player, no doubt.

Gaskins...not so much. Strictly a role player and depth chart filler.

Should put on some weight and play LB.

Nah...He's a torpedo and does great in the open field. He's not the best laterally. He could be an average LB, I suppose, but has a much better change to be above average as a safety. Honestly, he would have been better about 10 years ago though when you could actually hit someone.

Teams play so much nickel, could easily see him getting a ton of snaps between S/LB

Plus think 12 personnel will start to get used more as teams are going more nickel, so you need to have a good 3rd safety or extra DBs who can actually play good against the run or have LBs who can cover since 12 personnel doesn't mean pounding it, but the option is there

Plus teams focusing more on pass rushers up front

That bad Taylor Rapp 40 time is irrelevant for me. He was never gonna run dumb fast or be an upper-echelon athlete. But the man is a good football player. Sound work ethic and football IQ. Of course, whichever team drafts him, the DC has to know to play Rapp near the LOS. Where his strengths are accentuated. You don't want him covering deep downfield. The safety class is weak this year. Who is clearly better than Rapp besides Adderley and Abram?

That bad Taylor Rapp 40 time is irrelevant for me. He was never gonna run dumb fast or be an upper-echelon athlete. But the man is a good football player. Sound work ethic and football IQ. Of course, whichever team drafts him, the DC has to know to play Rapp near the LOS. Where his strengths are accentuated. You don't want him covering deep downfield. The safety class is weak this year. Who is clearly better than Rapp besides Adderley and Abram?
Yeah, anyone that is surprised about his numbers hasn't been paying attention for the bulk of his career. Some teams may like what Darnell Savage brings to the table over Rapp.

Eh...He's of the "football player" ilk where I wouldn't get too concerned with numbers. I'd take him as Harry's replacement, but he should still go higher than the Vikings' 2nd round pick and they have waaaay more needs. Maybe trade back in, but Rapp should be a player, no doubt.

Gaskins...not so much. Strictly a role player and depth chart filler.

Damn Harrison Smith fall off like that already?

Damn Harrison Smith fall off like that already?

Not at all...but he'll be entering his 8th season, so I don't know how long he has left of his prime when you see guys like Earl and Berry who can't stay on the field anymore and have been in the league about just as long.

Not at all...but he'll be entering his 8th season, so I don't know how long he has left of his prime when you see guys like Earl and Berry who can't stay on the field anymore and have been in the league about just as long.
Crazy he's only 3 years older than Eddie Jackson

I think a new thread is best just so it's ''official". I or whoever wants to make the thread can drop a link in the NFL off season thread and we can sort of recruit others to fill slots for their respective teams. Plus we can keep this thread clutter free cause yall know how this thread gets once draft day hits...it basically becomes the NFL thread for a week

Nah, I didn't mean using this thread. @ITO made a thread for the failed mock last month https://niketalk.com/threads/official-2019-ntnfl-mock-draft.680604/

I figured we could use that, or I or @ITO could create a new one. It's up to you guys.

I hate when players skip the draft. I understand spending it with family but being up there on that stage looks so special compared to being home and getting a phone call.

As long as my team doesn’t draft one of those white QBs, I’ll be happy

I’d much rather be at home with all my family and friends for that moment than at the draft. I see it either way though.

I hate when players skip the draft. I understand spending it with family but being up there on that stage looks so special compared to being home and getting a phone call.

As long as my team doesn’t draft one of those white QBs, I’ll be happy

Joe Thomas >

I’d much rather be at home with all my family and friends for that moment than at the draft. I see it either way though.

I wouldn’t even have a camera in my living room

Joe Thomas did it right.. and funny enough, ereck flowers was the smartest when it came to his contract

His deal was slotted by draft spot anyways and hired a lawyer by the hour instead of hiring an agent for his 1st deal

Back
Top Bottom