2020-21 NBA Offseason thread: Officially a wrap

Yeah this one is def out of left field. They should have gotten Beal (even Holiday) or tried to get him a long time ago. Not another rookie lol

Exactly. Not exactly typical for a team that made the conference finals, which is already fairly young, to try to take the next step by getting even younger.

21D690CC-F296-49B4-A168-92132F804C8F.gif

I'm wondering what's going to happen in the states (like CA) where they still aren't even allowing more than 25 people I think to be inside.

Perhaps FVV is playing the negotiation game, but it sounds like he's ready to bounce.

What would y'all rather do if you had to choose for ATL between 26 year old FVV or 30 year old Holiday (assume you would extend him for a solid bag)

I worry about FVV's size + being able to handle more responsibility on both ends while I worry about Jrue's aging out sooner than later

What would y'all rather do if you had to choose for ATL between 26 year old FVV or 30 year old Holiday (assume you would extend him for a solid bag)

I worry about FVV's size + being able to handle more responsibility on both ends while I worry about Jrue's aging out sooner than later

FVV and Lowry worked because they were both dawgs. Trae ain’t even trying on defense so it doesn’t make sense to me.

i'm not sure what Jrue's contract would look like compared to fvv (he wants to get paid) but ATL could build a around a solid backcourt between Trae and FVV. by the time Trae, Collins, Capela and Cam (maybe) start clicking, Jrue's gonna be long in the tooth. plus he's been prone to missing ~20 games a season. i dont see that getting better with age.

Jrue has this year and then next season a Player Option that reporters are saying he probably opts out of. So he'd be a rental unless you extended him

FVV and Lowry worked because they were both dawgs. Trae ain’t even trying on defense so it doesn’t make sense to me.
Agreed with the first part. I've heard FVV's name thrown around with ATL and at first I liked it a lot. But yeah like I mentioned you put all that stress on FVV I can't expect it to end well unless you bulked up with other perimeter defenders

I'd still like them to get Jrue or FVV if they can't get anyone else though

He wouldn’t push them over the top but FVV in Denver would be cool. Especially if they were able to somehow keep Grant

Back
Top Bottom