2020-21 NBA Offseason thread: Officially a wrap

Danny Green under appreciation is beyond me, man :lol: 🤦🏾‍♂️. 3x champ for a reason. I know his contract was wild...but his on court plays, tips, screens, timely 3s and just awareness & trust was big for the Lakers this season. The way you hear people talk about him is wild.
you can literally get a player as good as Danny green in the draft this year.. dude is buns

you can literally get a player as good as Danny green in the draft this year.. dude is buns
Too bad they traded their draft pick to deal him

Vets willing to play for the minimum and buyout season will get us back equal talent

real FMVP KCP will fill his role

Alex Caruso does all the little things as well and is only getting paid 1/7th of what he is. Danny Green sucked point blank period. No matter how much you try and dress up a turd it's still ****. I watched 90% of Laker games, his best game of the season was literally opening night and he didn't do much of anything after save that shot against Dallas.

Danny Green was butt cheeks offensively, there's no way to sugarcoat it. He stopped 34% from the field and 34% from three in the playoffs. It had to be a mental issue with him because he was blowing bunny layups, dribbling the ball off of his foot and doing all kinds of ridiculous stuff.

He was a solid defender but I think a lot of that had to do with playing alongside AD, Dwight and Javale. Matthews is washed but he can give us 95% of what Green did for the vet minimum.

I think it's weird that after this trade was announced, all of a sudden the "Danny Green is actually good" rhetoric started to ramp up.

Danny Green was butt cheeks offensively, there's no way to sugarcoat it. He stopped 34% from the field and 34% from three in the playoffs. It had to be a mental issue with him because he was blowing bunny layups, dribbling the ball off of his foot and doing all kinds of ridiculous stuff.

He was a solid defender but I think a lot of that had to do with playing alongside AD, Dwight and Javale. Matthews is washed but he can give us 95% of what Green did for the vet minimum.

I think it's weird that after this trade was announced, all of a sudden the "Danny Green is actually good" rhetoric started to ramp up.

Danny has always been elite defensively. One of the top perimeter defenders for a a while now. But overall, he's declined and is replaceable. Great deal.

Personally I didn’t mind Danny he was solid, same way AB was solid & made plays... with that said I get the move for Schroeder if all it took was the 28th & green.

if for some reason he doesn’t fit they can resign him & flip him much easier

Did the exact same for us in Toronto with the Raptors. Man was straight out cheeks in the Playoffs - literally had us playing 4 on 5 on the offensive end. I can't recall him doing anything useful on the defensive end (during the Playoffs) as it was frustrating as hell watching him do NOTHING and fumble plays on the offensive side.

It's a mental thing most likely as he's a decent enough starter during the regular season. I thought maybe last season with the Raptors was a one-off but to see him do the exact same thing for the Lakers was not good. I'm no fan of Schroeder but at least he's serviceable during the Playoffs.

Y’all just be lying in here :lol:. A lot of us have always been on the Danny Green is pretty damn valuable and does little things wave. Catch up

86674156-691E-4BEB-8D03-DFD3BFAFF59D.png
1E401A82-53D4-4C93-ACFE-F40B30FA5350.png
B9955837-D2AF-4D7A-AA9F-A22CA414AA9F.png
4283A0CE-F7B1-4BEF-9407-3A29CF2D9BF2.png

Danny's still steady on defense. But he's streaky shooting the ball, can't dribble more than twice, and is not a natural passer. I'd rather give that $15M to Schroder and go bargain bin shopping for a replacement guard.

Edit:

Someone made a compilation of all his missed threes this past playoffs. :lol:

Last edited:
Danny's still steady on defense. But he's streaky shooting the ball, can't dribble more than twice, and is not a natural passer. I'd rather give that $15M to Schroder and go bargain bin shopping for a replacement guard.

Edit:

This was stated tho. Idk why y’all act like it’s not acknowledged that he’s a streaky shooter or the contract wasn’t wild.

But when he’s on the flooor...and you’re a contender, he’s doing everything you need to win basketball games. And a lot of those little things don’t show up to the naked eye. This isn’t a hot take.

It’s just wild to see how people speak on his name. All that bum, and them acting like he was “useless” is flat out wrong.

Edit:

He was definitely missing the streaky part last season, he was just bad for the most part, especially in the playoffs. We kept waiting for "the Danny Green game" when he would go 6 for 10 from three and it just never happened.

The most frustrating thing about Danny Green is that we're not asking him to do too much. The Lakers aren't asking him work through multiple screens to get an open shot or shoot off the pick and roll. The vast majority of his shots are literally completely uncontested. No one is within two or three feet of him and he just bricks them over and over. It's infuriating.

I totally understand that this isn't a video game and even the best shooters around 40% of their threes but some of the looks that Danny Green was missing were incredible.

My opinion of Danny Green has never changed. All world defender, best transition defender, but the shooting has been feast or famine the last 2/3 years; particularly this one. He is still very high value to me.

danny green still shootiing the 3pt at a decent pct. overall, he had a good season
he just had a couple bad gms and missed a key shot
still rather have him out there in crunch time than guys like jr, dion, etc

Back
Top Bottom