2020-21 NBA Offseason thread: Officially a wrap

danny green still shootiing the 3pt at a decent pct. overall, he had a good season
he just had a couple bad gms and missed a key shot
still rather have him out there in crunch time than guys like jr, dion, etc

His 3 point percentage dropped 10% from last season. He shot 35% from the floor in the playoffs and 34% from 3. He was constantly getting blown by and committing dumb fouls. He's literally getting by on reputation exclusively at this point. The production is not there. Streaky implies that there was a point where he actually got hot and sustained it for a while. I'd have to double check but I don't think that ever happened. To call him an all world defender at this point in his career is just laughable antidope antidope .

I very much disagree with this, but if that's how you feel then cook.

You didn't watch enough Laker games. 2nd half of the season he could barely move out there. Numbers back it up as well.

Tillman son Pat liked this tweet lol so I hope that nets trade is a no go

Stick to the backshots
This place is evil
giphy.gif

Danny Green was Basura during his stint for lakers!!
With that price tag wasn’t even remotely close...all he had to do was play def and knock a couple 3s he was non existent all season.

Harden, Kyrie, Durant would be the most toxic trio in the history of sports.

with that being said, get that deal done!

4C2FF6BB-DC65-4E41-9A50-B21BD5E63644.jpeg

There was a time that when Jordan acquired the team, free agents were thought to flock there.

Wonder what his thoughts about giving the Batum’s of the world 27 million and no major star even considers Charlotte?

danny green still shootiing the 3pt at a decent pct. overall, he had a good season
he just had a couple bad gms and missed a key shot
still rather have him out there in crunch time than guys like jr, dion, etc
37% isn’t decent when hitting 3’s is your specialty and your primary job on offense, and shot 46% the season before

Also as somebody said, it’s not as if DG had to go through lengths to get these 3’s. They were more assisted than not.

Last edited:
37% isn’t decent when that’s what you were signed for, is your primary job and you being Danny Green. Also as somebody said, it’s not as if DG had to go through lengths to get these 3’s. They were more assisted than not.

Klay F’n Thompson has shot 39% FG & 38% over an entire playoff run from 3 while winning a chip. He’s literally had games like this, in wins as a #2 option and still contributed to winning

2E6D49B7-131C-4315-A09C-166665D1AE4A.jpeg

It’s nice and easier to win when your 3 & D guy goes 5/7 from 3 and plays lockdown defense every night. But that does not always happen.A guy like Danny Green...impacts winning in so many damn ways. Seeing him being called “a bum” and “useless” is wild...considering everything he does. I’m just sharing this here for context.

Spacing, rotation, transition, screening, deflections do not always show up in the stat sheet. Shoot, being a run buster...might be Danny’s lowest key thing. A team could be up 6...with a chance to go up 9...and he’ll get a deflection to a steal...that leads to a runout. Close out on a 3, then run in transition and hit a spot up 3....and in a matter Of seconds...he’s scored only 3 points...but swung a game at a pivotal point.

He’s done this a number of times over his winning spots. He’s the guy you want On your court at the end of 2nd and 3rd quarters...were some games and possessions can really get decided. Difference between going into halftime down 3...or down 15. Or going into the 4th down 20...or down 10.

Klay F’n Thompson has shot 39% FG & 38% over an entire playoff run from 3 while winning a chip. He’s literally had games like this, in wins as a #2 option and still contributed to winning

2E6D49B7-131C-4315-A09C-166665D1AE4A.jpeg

It’s nice and easier to win when your 3 & D guy goes 5/7 from 3 and plays lockdown defense every night. But that does not always happen.A guy like Danny Green...impacts winning in so many damn ways. Seeing him being called “a bum” and “useless” is wild...considering everything he does. I’m just sharing this here for context.

Spacing, rotation, transition, screening, deflections do not always show up in the stat sheet. Shoot, being a run buster...might be Danny’s lowest key thing. A team could be up 6...with a chance to go up 9...and he’ll get a deflection to a steal...that leads to a runout. Close out on a 3, then run in transition and hit a spot up 3....and in a matter Of seconds...he’s scored only 3 points...but swung a game at a pivotal point.

He’s done this a number of times over his winning spots. He’s the guy you want On your court at the end of 2nd and 3rd quarters...were some games and possessions can really get decided. Difference between going into halftime down 3...or down 15. Or going into the 4th down 20...or down 10.
I'm not in the camp saying he's useless. I'm strictly talking about his shot. Yes he contributed but if you're not contributing in the way in which you were signed for, then it's an issue. With him playing with Bron, especially after coming off a good shooting year last season, we all thought this would've been a perfect match. He simply didn't deliver what was expected. That's not to say he was useless.

I'm not in the camp saying he's useless. I'm strictly talking about his shot. Yes he contributed but if you're not contributing in the way in which you were signed for, then it's an issue. With him playing with Bron, especially after coming off a good shooting year last season, we all thought this would've been a perfect match. He simply didn't deliver what was expected. That's not to say he was useless.

He shot essentially the same in the playoffs for the Lakers last year...than he did in Toronto the year before.

Raps 2019- 34% FG 33% 3FG
Lakers 2020 - 34% FG 34% 3FG

The contract was wild...but it was necessary....for a win now, team. He can do and go wherever he wants now. The Lakers (or raptors) simply do not win, without Danny Green. And that’s just the fact of it. Every now and then...you have to pay up for a win now VET...with below average numbers, who contributes to winning for a contending team. Danny is that.

Man got threatened, called a bum, and is seen as a meme and throwaway player by the casual nba Fan base. He’s a lot more than that. That has to be acknowledged.

Back
Top Bottom