2020-21 NBA Offseason thread: Officially a wrap

Klay F’n Thompson has shot 39% FG & 38% over an entire playoff run from 3 while winning a chip. He’s literally had games like this, in wins as a #2 option and still contributed to winning

2E6D49B7-131C-4315-A09C-166665D1AE4A.jpeg

It’s nice and easier to win when your 3 & D guy goes 5/7 from 3 and plays lockdown defense every night. But that does not always happen.A guy like Danny Green...impacts winning in so many damn ways. Seeing him being called “a bum” and “useless” is wild...considering everything he does. I’m just sharing this here for context.

Spacing, rotation, transition, screening, deflections do not always show up in the stat sheet. Shoot, being a run buster...might be Danny’s lowest key thing. A team could be up 6...with a chance to go up 9...and he’ll get a deflection to a steal...that leads to a runout. Close out on a 3, then run in transition and hit a spot up 3....and in a matter Of seconds...he’s scored only 3 points...but swung a game at a pivotal point.

He’s done this a number of times over his winning spots. He’s the guy you want On your court at the end of 2nd and 3rd quarters...were some games and possessions can really get decided. Difference between going into halftime down 3...or down 15. Or going into the 4th down 20...or down 10.

Even the biggest Danny Green haters never called him useless. Don't get me wrong, there were plenty of times when was extremely frustrating to watch him break completely wide open threes but he was consistently a plus defender.

When you are below leak average at the only thing You are capable of and asked to do offensively, that's a problem. His only job was to hit completely uncontested three pointers and he did that poorly. As we've mentioned, he literally cannot dribble and cannot finish at the basket even when taking uncontested layups and putbacks.

He did make winning plays and some of our best lineups included Danny Green but when you factor in his contract and production, he played far below expectations. on many nights we won in spite of Danny Green, not because of him. Wes Matthews makes the minimum and could give the Lakers 95% of what Danny gave us.

ALA on it's last legs.

Bron hit yall with that ether in 01. The usual suspects in here at Hot 97 emotional right now grasping for straws. DG still being an important piece after the season and playoffs we just saw? :lol:

Yea some of these DG proclamations definitely feel way out of date :lol:

He can still be a decent contributor on a contender but dudes are disingenuous making him out to be a big loss for LA, Toronto moved on just fine. No doubt LA will to

Danny Green was butt cheeks offensively, there's no way to sugarcoat it. He stopped 34% from the field and 34% from three in the playoffs. It had to be a mental issue with him because he was blowing bunny layups, dribbling the ball off of his foot and doing all kinds of ridiculous stuff.

He was a solid defender but I think a lot of that had to do with playing alongside AD, Dwight and Javale. Matthews is washed but he can give us 95% of what Green did for the vet minimum.

I think it's weird that after this trade was announced, all of a sudden the "Danny Green is actually good" rhetoric started to ramp up.
But The other day cats was saying they wouldn’t trade him for Derozan...so there’s that too :lol:

What are the Lakes going to do with Karl "puma" Kuzma? I thought he was coming here to OKC to lead the tank. And what is this I hear about Serge Ibaka to the Lakes? How Sway? Ibaka averaged 15, 8, and shot 39% from 3 last season. If they could back to 2012 level of givea****s on D as well? Sheyiit.

Danny Green from New York originally? He's going to love Edmond

What are the Lakes going to do with Karl "puma" Kuzma? I thought he was coming here to OKC to lead the tank. And what is this I hear about Serge Ibaka to the Lakes? How Sway? Ibaka averaged 15, 8, and shot 39% from 3 last season. If they could back to 2012 level of givea****s on D as well? Sheyiit.

Danny Green from New York originally? He's going to love Edmond
Kuz may have bought himself a half season to get is ish together
theres no point in sending him out just yet, especially since hes still on his rookie deal

with rondo seeking a bigger deal, lakers can now try to off someone like serge the full mle
if FVV dips from TO, serge may do the same., and vice versa.

Serge a longshot, bt i'm Hoping the Lakers can sell him on the full MLE this year with the hopes of being a FA again next year where 2/3 of the league will have money

Danny Green is old, overpaid , inconsistent but hes still a winning player. The Lakers still made a good move to improve their roster but they have to replace Danny Green somewhat

ALA on it's last legs.

Bron hit yall with that ether in 01. The usual suspects in here at Hot 97 emotional right now grasping for straws. DG still being an important piece after the season and playoffs we just saw? :lol:
Yea some of these DG proclamations definitely feel way out of date :lol:

He can still be a decent contributor on a contender but dudes are disingenuous making him out to be a big loss for LA, Toronto moved on just fine. No doubt LA will to

These "Danny Green is good" takes are similar to the "Lakers gave up too much for AD" takes from last year. All of a sudden people started hyping up Lonzo and Hart. :lol:

Last edited:
Danny Green is a useful player when you aren’t expecting him to be your starting 2 guard playing 25-30 mins a game

Exactly. When he's starting, playing 30 mins and making $15m you have certain expectations and he didn't play anywhere near those levels. That's it. No one said he was useless (well maybe out of frustration in the middle of a game), he's just not worthy of his role, playing time and salary.

Back
Top Bottom