2020-21 NBA Offseason thread: Officially a wrap

and NT will tell you that warriors are competing for a 6/7 seed out west

Its conceivable. I think the Lakers are the team to beat out West, but it’s pretty wide open after that. Just a few games are going to separate 2-8. Health, including players potentially missing games because of COVID, is going to be a factor.

Clippers, Mavs, Suns, Nuggets, Warriors, Jazz, Blazers are going to be closely grouped.

Maybe Rockets too, if they hold on to Harden.

So basically I’m saying the Warriors - and a lot of other West teams - could finish anywhere between 2 and 8.

Its conceivable. I think the Lakers are the team to beat out West, but it’s pretty wide open after that. Just a few games are going to separate 2-8. Health, including players potentially missing games because of COVID, is going to be a factor.

Clippers, Mavs, Suns, Nuggets, Warriors, Jazz, Blazers are going to be closely grouped.

Maybe Rockets too, if they hold on to Harden.

after last season, i imagine the warriors play with a chip on their shoulder. we got so used to seeing Jordan Poole go 4/14 that we got deluded into thinking that was warriors' basketball.

and NT will tell you that warriors are competing for a 6/7 seed out west
after last season, i imagine the warriors play with a chip on their shoulder. we got so used to seeing Jordan Poole go 4/14 that we got deluded into thinking that was warriors' basketball.
Still too early to say either way. Probably need another week or two to really grasp where Golden State stands in relation to a chip after the dust settles with the draft and free agency.

Hey, cut James some slack.

He doesn’t even have the internet.

if young thug said james harden doesn't have internet, james harden doesn't have internet. period.

Def feels like Harden is stirring **** up to force his way out.

the "wanting out bc owner is a trump supporter" is oddly convenient, but I don't blame him for wanting out.

I'll look for it and post later, but I recall an article essentially detailing the moves made since Tilman bought the team and while each may be defensible in a vacuum, the overall theme has been cutting costs to stay under the luxury tax and praying that fringe players exceed their value to offset the cheap moves being made.

Yep. After 2 years.
tenor.gif

Last edited:
zach lowe had a great comment about player empowerment

players have no choice on which team drafts them, the rookie scale limits their salary, restricted free agency limits their options. players demanding a trade or taking control of their careers is simply balancing the playing field .

for as much as I love the nfl draft, enjoy college football and ncaa tourney for basketball.. and then certain other Olympic college sports where certain athletes get screwed

we as sports fans gotta acknowledge how f’d the things that go into certain college sports, drafts and rookie wage scales are

Back
Top Bottom