2020-21 NBA Offseason thread: Officially a wrap

Its conceivable. I think the Lakers are the team to beat out West, but it’s pretty wide open after that. Just a few games are going to separate 2-8. Health, including players potentially missing games because of COVID, is going to be a factor.

Clippers, Mavs, Suns, Nuggets, Warriors, Jazz, Blazers are going to be closely grouped.

Maybe Rockets too, if they hold on to Harden.

So basically I’m saying the Warriors - and a lot of other West teams - could finish anywhere between 2 and 8.

i think it will be more like 4-8 because nuggets and clippers should create some separation. maybe the mavs too but zingers knee

Harden talking about send him to BK no matter if the deal is good or bad :lol:

Rockets should be in no rush to trade him since he’s under contract for two more years. Get the best deal they can possible. But that’s probably not gonna happen and I’ll need a new team to root for.

Why is MagaHayward waffling on his option? Nobody even really has cap space for him to decline the option and become a free agent no? Take the money and make them trade you.

Yeah it's either Atlanta or sign and trade. I think. Unless he's trying to sign a team friendly deal which I highly doubt.

There has to be something I'm missing with this deal.

Harden is still a top 5-6 player in the league. The nets players, theoretically in this deal, are not even top 50 guys.

I gotta see how much picks they give up
Kyrie and Harden play the same position.. how they gonna be the East Coast Warriors

Harden talking about send him to BK no matter if the deal is good or bad :lol:

Rockets should be in no rush to trade him since he’s under contract for two more years. Get the best deal they can possible. But that’s probably not gonna happen and I’ll need a new team to root for.
Right? He made it about business so treat it as business if I’m Houston. You’re going to get shafted and sent to Chicago for their entire roster

Last edited:
If this happens then Fertitta deserves what he gets. Both teams are dumb if they pull this off, Harden makes the Nets exciting but not contenders. Not enough ball to go around.

if tilman isn't going to spend on a contender because COVID has hurt his hospitality businesses, it makes sense to start breaking it down, accumulating picks and players, and setting yourself up to be in a position like LAC/BKN did and OKC is now trying to do where you have flexibility, cap room, and assets for a pair of stars to join you and for you to build around them.

a third team needs to get involved, but if you can pick up dinwiddie, lavert, allen + a PG/Jrue level haul of draft picks, you have to explore that.

maybe when his businesses pick back up he'll be more inclined to spend money, but probably not.

Sure

now what does “we have enough guys who are good in the locker room but useless when it matters” mean?

the only reason boston fans love kemba is because hes not kyrie. (i dont know if they still love him). he's a chill guy gets along with everyone causes no drama. the anti kyrie.

bulls dont need to sign up for $120m to bring in positive energy (we have that in young guys coby, wendell) and high volume scoring (zach lavine)

Brooklyn has to have brought in another team or two to bring in other assets. Can't imagine Houston accepting that offer, regardless of how many picks are involved and how much James whines.

Brooklyn has to have brought in another team or two to bring in other assets. Can't imagine Houston accepting that offer, regardless of how many picks are involved and how much James whines.
imagine if somehow houston trades both harden and westbrook in the same deal
could be the biggest trade we've ever seen
5 teams, 15+ players , 10 + picks

if tilman isn't going to spend on a contender because COVID has hurt his hospitality businesses, it makes sense to start breaking it down, accumulating picks and players, and setting yourself up to be in a position like LAC/BKN did and OKC is now trying to do where you have flexibility, cap room, and assets for a pair of stars to join you and for you to build around them.

a third team needs to get involved, but if you can pick up dinwiddie, lavert, allen + a PG/Jrue level haul of draft picks, you have to explore that.

maybe when his businesses pick back up he'll be more inclined to spend money, but probably not.

Except thunder have the rockets 1sts in 2024 and 2026, along with pick swaps in 2021 and 2025

Think they can also swap heat or clippers picks too with rockets.. there are top 4 protections on 1 of the picks

Back
Top Bottom