2020-21 NBA Offseason thread: Officially a wrap

I don’t get the backlash. Basketball is just like our 9-5 office jobs. I just do this because I’m good at it and I can get paid. If I were drafted in the NBA i sould leave. Doesn’t mean I’m not putting forth my best effort. There is no difference between the NBA and your job

The not having a motor moniker is one of the worst characteristics a draft prospect can have, but I'd argue what he expressed in that interview was worse. It'd have to be a really strong locker room to draft dude in.
I agree. The NBA is a long, 82 game grind and you have to want to get better, watch film and love the game. Hearing him say that he's only playing because he's good at it and he doesn't enjoy watching basketball is a huge red flag.

He reeks of a type of playerwho reaches the ceiling early and doesn't progress. He's such a talented player that he'll be drafted in the top five regardless but he needs to go to a team with a strong culture that will hold him accountable.

I didn't follow any of these prospects so I have no idea, but remember your Trae Young takes? Sounds familiar.
Ice Tray didn't have garbage shooting mechanics and has really good burst.

Lamelo is a bad shooter with bad mechanics that takes bad shots. Average at best burst with no physicality. Not a good combo.

I don’t get the backlash. Basketball is just like our 9-5 office jobs. I just do this because I’m good at it and I can get paid. If I were drafted in the NBA i sould leave. Doesn’t mean I’m not putting forth my best effort. There is no difference between the NBA and your job

Find a job you love and it wont feel like work. If dude really doesnt have passion for the game he gonna be stuck on “good enough to get these checks”.

Melo stinks. Boy's about to be in for a rude awakening. He'll have some nice passes tho.

Congrats to the Ball family.

Reactions: OTG
hot take
edwards is josh smith 2.0

do you know who Anthony Edwards is? Do you practice that shot?

69CA8406-83DF-4FA2-9015-E94F35B7517B.png

I love Melo's potential but his shot needs a lot of work and he don't know that basketball is played at both ends.

The amount of rookies that come in ready or even willing to play NBA defense is less than 10% of the 60 draftees. In a weak draft potential is honestly what you're banking on. Melo has the highest ceiling I believe by a wide margin.

Edwards seems like an even lesser motivated Andrew Wiggins.

Back
Top Bottom