2020-21 NBA Offseason thread: Officially a wrap

Ya'll act like its NBA 2k in here :lol: The Kings did try to do a sign and trade of Bogdan, but that didn't fall through

Even if they matched then you got a bunch of guards on the team and not enough playing time for all of them. And isn't there a trade kicker if the Kings matched? So they got to pay anyway if they trade him midseason kind of a lose lose situation:lol:

I think the Kings are going full rebuild and will build around Fox, Haliburton, and Bagley all of them are under the age of 23? 24? Buddy and Bogdan just don't fit with that cores timeline

Edit: Let's be real the West is stacked no way the Kings sniff playoffs in the near future
They're going to tear it down. Buddy and Barnes will be gone in the next 18 months.

I don't think signing Gallo was necessary considering his age, tendency to breakdown, lack of defense, overlap in positions with the young players and now sending signals to Collins that he is expendable. Always thought he was a better fit on an already established team who strictly needed scoring

I don't think signing Gallo was necessary considering his age, tendency to breakdown, lack of defense, overlap in positions with the young players and now sending signals to Collins that he is expendable
GM apparently has said Gallo is cool with being the 6th man

I don't think signing Gallo was necessary considering his age, tendency to breakdown, lack of defense, overlap in positions with the young players and now sending signals to Collins that he is expendable. Always thought he was a better fit on an already established team who strictly needed scoring

Especially in light of his SM posts about being in it to win now more than money :lol:

Hawks biggest needs were more defense and a competent ball handler/creator

Gallo has usefulness but I just don't see why ATL was so keen on getting him
It makes absolutely no sense. The Hawks organization goofed by trying to prove to their 3rd year player that they are ready to compete.

Last edited:
that's an expensive 6th man
It definitely is but if they feel like it’s necessary right now I hope it works out. I think how good Trae has been has accelerated the original time table they planned and now they want the young dudes in our squad mainly Collins and Trae to experience winning and potentially competing in the playoffs and now seems to be the offseason they wanna start to do that signing all these better quality gets compared to dudes on they way out and expiring contracts like the last few years

If SAC matched, ATL would have had a horrible off season imo. I'm glad it turned out the way it did though, in theory Bogdan can play out his athletic prime years with Trae

They in theory have defensive guards who can now provide 48 competent point guard minutes. In theory Rondo can be another coach for the young guys

Kings are no where near a playoff team even with Bogdan this year. Probably take 40+ wins to get in.

I really dont like the moves Atlanta made this year. Woulda gave the young guys another year before blowing my load this early. Too many overlapping pieces on offense, still not enough defense. I get why they did what they did, I just think it was one year too early.

caught some of pritchard while he was at OU (Cal Bear fan here) and his offensive game is nasty. jumper, hesi and change of speed, dribble package are all there -at least at the collegiate level.

he was servin at that open run with Dinwiddie and Trezz. his size is the biggest issue

So, East so far after the offseason:

Bucks
Nets
Sixers
Celtics
Heat
Raptors
Pacers
Hawks
Pistons
Hornets
Wiz