2020-21 NBA Offseason thread: Officially a wrap

I don't hold it against ATL for signing Bogdan at all. If he's the player we all say Sacramento were fools for letting go

They absolutely needed a backup point guard and a secondary playmaker and shot creator. Holiday would have been nice but other than that who else was realistically available

They just didn't need to sign Gallo and they could have just drafted Haliburton-- even though I like Okongwu, I don't know if the opportunity cost was too high on that selection

I agree Bogdan signing was great.
Gallo just an overpaid 6th man taking minutes.
Halliburton reportedly told teams not to take him but I would’ve done it anyway lol. What’s he going to do?

If Gallo doesn't fall off shooting they could always move him. Can't keep all of them young guys anyway. Identify the other 2 besides Trae and roll with them.

What exactly is Atlanta doing?

Such a tough position to be in as a franchise. At a certain point you need to start winning games, but the team is basically built to be a mediocre team. It's the conundrum of making progress by winning/getting playoff experience but also constricting yourself into that 5-8 seed range.

Problem is you have face more competition next summer for free agents.
Facts. Too many other teams in better markets and better rosters than ATL with space next year.

They’ve got some stuff to figure out with the construction of that roster, but they’ve got some moveable pieces.

Collins has a ton of value. Gallo’s contract isn’t great but it’s not immovable if he’s shooting it well.

Jamal Murray was on the Knuckleheads podcast and said he doesn’t own a car lmao

pretty surprising
Sounds like he just like alotta the youngins these days that live in/close to downtown...Some type of ride share every where

Gallo used to ride a bike everywhere in Denver whenever it wasn’t snowing :lol:

Hawks biggest needs were more defense and a competent ball handler/creator

Gallo has usefulness but I just don't see why ATL was so keen on getting him
3 pt shooting was something they wanted to address as well since they were the worst in the league...Gallo and Bogdan are their attempt at improving that

Been told yall tho that Collins been on thin ice since his suspension and Reddish is the only young wing they expecting much from...Alotta the moves they making just doubling back from messin up the previous offseason since they in “win now” mode again n the coach/front office under the microscope...They started In their current direction after the last all star break

Last edited:
Gallo is the real bad signing fit. No problem with them taking Onyeka... basically Collins/Clint insurance, moreso Collins. He has the most defensive versatility too, when it comes to closing games.

Reddish stinks, and I'm not sure how Dunn is going to get minutes unless Rondo doesn't play every game (not sure why they needed both, if they planned on signing Bogdan... feel like they could've waited).

They are deep though, a good problem to have. Plus it is not like any of the these contracts are unmoveable. Hell, with the pricing on some, and the iryoung talent, they could even maybe even package it for an established star. They are most likely a 6-8 seed but all this helps Trae make the leap quicker.

Gallo is the real bad signing fit. No problem with them taking Onyeka... basically Collins/Clint insurance, moreso Collins. He has the most defensive versatility too, when it comes to closing games.

Reddish stinks, and I'm not sure how Dunn is going to get minutes unless Rondo doesn't play every game (not sure why they needed both, if they planned on signing Bogdan... feel like they could've waited).

They are deep though, a good problem to have. Plus it is not like any of the these contracts are unmoveable. Hell, with the pricing on some, and the iryoung talent, they could even maybe even package it for an established star. They are most likely a 6-8 seed but all this helps Trae make the leap quicker.
Reddish was solid once 2020 hit, was the best wing on the team...I expect yo to pickup from that be even better

Reddish was solid once 2020 hit, was the best wing on the team...I expect yo to pickup from that be even better
Yeah, I’m excited to see Reddish’ progress this upcoming season. Cam has shown steady improvement during his rookie year.

73026B75-978C-48A4-BD3F-AA2423C24B6F.jpeg

Saw this coming. Gotta keep space for Giannis. I don't think Giannis goes to the Raptors but gotta take the shot.

This is the starting lineup that I think would make the most sense

PG: Trae, Rondo
SG: Bogdan, Huerter
SF: Dunn, Cam, Hunter
PF: Gallo, Solomon Hill
C: Collins, Capela, Okongqwu

Dunn played great at SF last year and provides much needed defence with the rest of the starters
Collins is also best suited as a stretch 5 as he will get eaten on defence at the 4
To me Capela is a bit of an awkward fit with this roster I don't think they'd want to pay that much for a backup center
Hunter may be buried in the wing depth

The roster fit is not clean, I presume there will be lots to figure out and it may be a bumpy start.

Back
Top Bottom