2020-21 NBA Offseason thread: Officially a wrap

Feel like the Hawks should’ve tried sucking for one more year before making moves like they did, especially with this next draft being much better up top. Get one more young guy in before you have to pay Ice Tray.

Now they’re just going to get stomped by Milwaukee in the first round.

If ATL misses the Playoffs it'll be a wrap for Lloyd Pierce and possibly Schlenk too
For sure a big gear for LP I think they woudl give Schlesinger more leeway right or wrong. I really like LP as a dude too hope he steps up now that he has what should be a competitive squad

Ya'll act like its NBA 2k in here :lol: The Kings did try to do a sign and trade of Bogdan, but that didn't fall through

Even if they matched then you got a bunch of guards on the team and not enough playing time for all of them. And isn't there a trade kicker if the Kings matched? So they got to pay anyway if they trade him midseason kind of a lose lose situation:lol:

I think the Kings are going full rebuild and will build around Fox, Haliburton, and Bagley all of them are under the age of 23? 24? Buddy and Bogdan just don't fit with that cores timeline

Edit: Let's be real the West is stacked no way the Kings sniff playoffs in the near future

Alot of people fell for the trick that the king's was one season away.

The Thunder now have a 27M and a 20M TPE. They can absorb some bad contract butbmaybe still useful players like maybe a Batum is a name I've heard floated.

I feel like the Hawks have a lot of pieces now but I’m not sure it makes much sense.
This offseason & the next are critical since Collins’ extension will take up so much of their cap.

Bogdanovic is 6 years older than Huerter and is a decent upgrade but they set a record with the contract for Gallo, largest contract ever for a guy his age with no all star appearances.... and he plays the same position as their 22 year old 20/10 machine.

Or you can move Gallo to the 3 and form the worst defensive perimeter trio in basketball with him Bogdan & Trae.

Then you’re paying Bogdan basically $20M/year so he’s gonna be playing 30mpg. Collins is also playing 30mpg so Gallo will inevitably spend some time at the 3 unless you’re paying him $20M/year to play 15 mins.

So now you have to flip one of Hunter, Huerter, & Reddish, all guys that you spent a first round pick on :lol: All because you signed a 32 year old who doesn’t fit with the roster, and signed a 27 year old who is only a little better than the guys you already have.

Im just not impressed.

He would have been better served staying with the Kings. I still don't like the panic win now moves from the Hawks. Lack of job security and pressure from a player who is under team control for nine years is pretty insane.

He would have been better served staying with the Kings. I still don't like the panic win now moves from the Hawks. Lack of job security and pressure from a player who is under team control for nine years is pretty insane.
Sir Foster's job safe?

We got 21 players I think now

I’m with you guys, I would’ve waited a year to strike if I was ATL.
Especially because there’s no need to sell out the stadium this year.

PG - Trae (32) / Rondo (16)
SG - Bogdanovic (24) / Huerter (16) / Dunn (8 )
SF - Reddish (20) / Hunter (20) / Gallo (8 )
PF - Collins (30) /Gallinari (18 )
C - Capela (30) / Okongwu (18 )

Not enough minutes for Hunter and reddish.
Some team is going to grab Huerter for the low.
Should’ve seen what they had with the young boys.
Could’ve tanked for a better draft pick (in a short year with empty seats).
People’s jobs are probably on the line though. “Playoffs or bust”
I bet the front office just thought they could get off the contracts if they want to.
Maybe they wanted to spend big when only a few teams had cap space as opposed to next summer.

Also what are they going to do with Collins? My guess is they tell him to test the market and they’ll match it. Doesn’t sound like they want to pay max money right now.

Back
Top Bottom